2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Did oregon get the ball back on a punt after that 'safety'?

No. The PAT is termed a "Try Point" since it was after a touchdown. The next play is a kickoff (free kick) to me made by the team who scored the touchdown.

gotcha. I'm surprised the referees knew these rules. Good for them for being thorough.

They didn't. They just called it no good then Chip Kelly yelled at one of them and they changed it to the correct ruling. I thought something had to happen since he caught it outside then took it back in the endzone, but had no idea it was a one point safety.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted, three of the victims had losing records, but the Big East is 4-0 vs. SEC teams this season.

Louisville beat Kentucky

Rutgers beat Arkansas

Syracuse beat Missouri

Louisville beat Florida

I expect these people to come out of their trailers and go all "SEC SEC SEC!!!" if Alabama beats Notre Dame.

Maybe not Kentucky people, because basketball season is on.

Seriously? I don't go around saying that California people are all dirty hippies, so you shouldn't generalize Southerners that way. From that statement, I can tell most people who live in mobile homes have more class than you.

I swear more hate is spewed in this thread than the rest of the board combined.

Well maybe people shouldn't root en masse for an entity that generally overlaps with the former Confederacy if they don't want to be made fun of on the internet, geez dude

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Granted, three of the victims had losing records, but the Big East is 4-0 vs. SEC teams this season.

Louisville beat Kentucky

Rutgers beat Arkansas

Syracuse beat Missouri

Louisville beat Florida

I expect these people to come out of their trailers and go all "SEC SEC SEC!!!" if Alabama beats Notre Dame.

Seriously? I don't go around saying that California people are all dirty hippies, so you shouldn't generalize Southerners that way. From that statement, I can tell most people who live in mobile homes have more class than you.

Well maybe people shouldn't root en masse for an entity that generally overlaps with the former Confederacy if they don't want to be made fun of on the internet, geez dude

Your posts and commentary on this topic whenever it comes up are always the worst and most ridiculous. The SEC and the Confederacy overlap? Why can't you just admit that deep down you are jealous of the South and all its glory. Just because you can't wrap your head around the idea of a segment of population that has some connection with each other that YOU can't explain or participate in, doesn't mean you should just hate it.

What you also don't realize is that no one really takes offense when you crack a Southern joke. We just think you are stupid because many of you really believe the stereotypes while we continue to kick ass in football, have the best food in America, enjoy some of the best weather, have no doubt the hottest and sexiest women in America, and the other reasons why all you damned people from Ohio, Michigan, and the rest of the NE area continue to move down! I love and thank God that I was born in the South because there is nowhere else like it and a lot of you prove it!

Seriously, this forum (mainly this thread) has some of the biggest haters and whiney sissies that I have come across on the internet. Most of you wouldn't begin to say the things on here that you do in real life towards that person anyhow. I remind myself all the time that I am talking football and sports with a group of people that, likely, never really participated in them since they were in Pop Warner football or tee ball. There are fortunately a few that make it enjoyable, some that I tolerate, and sometimes I wonder how some of you ever made your way onto this forum.

If you pull for your team too much, you are considered a douchebag pain in the ass. Support your conference...and the idea is ridiculous and you are attacked. Then it is tied into Confederacy, trailer parks (which we get it, you mean "trailer trash"), and somehow slavery too.

What you also don't realize is that no one really takes offense when you crack a Southern joke. We just think you are stupid because many of you really believe the stereotypes while we continue to kick ass in football, have the best food in America, enjoy some of the best weather, have no doubt the hottest and sexiest women in America, and the other reasons why all you damned people from Ohio, Michigan, and the rest of the NE area continue to move down! I love and thank God that I was born in the South because there is nowhere else like it and a lot of you prove it!

Kinda the pot calling the kettle black, there, huh?

I'm not really taking sides in this battle, but you can't chew someone out for stereotyping and then list things like weather, food and women - all things that are subjective - as your proof. It just makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about.

The SEC has some elite teams. But the SEC also has some crappy teams. And they schedule creatively - not right or wrong, just creatively and different.

I'd say that the middle-to-bottom end of the SEC is no better or worse than other conferences out there. I'd put the two Mississippis and Auburn up against Texas Tech, Northwestern and Arizona State any day.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If you pull for your team too much, you are considered a douchebag pain in the ass. Support your conference...and the idea is ridiculous and you are attacked. Then it is tied into Confederacy, trailer parks (which we get it, you mean "trailer trash"), and somehow slavery too.

Well, given how Southern regional pride has historically manifested itself in nostalgia for the fundamental evil of the Confederacy, you shouldn't be surprised when contemporaries make those same allusions. Kind of like how the rest of Europe gets a little nervous when Germans and Russians show excessive amounts of National pride even today.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Louisville beat Kentucky

Rutgers beat Arkansas

Syracuse beat Missouri

Louisville beat Florida

Your posts and commentary on this topic whenever it comes up are always the worst and most ridiculous. The SEC and the Confederacy overlap? Why can't you just admit that deep down you are jealous of the South and all its glory. Just because you can't wrap your head around the idea of a segment of population that has some connection with each other that YOU can't explain or participate in, doesn't mean you should just hate it.

Seriously, this forum (mainly this thread) has some of the biggest haters and whiney sissies that I have come across on the internet. Most of you wouldn't begin to say the things on here that you do in real life towards that person anyhow. I remind myself all the time that I am talking football and sports with a group of people that, likely, never really participated in them since they were in Pop Warner football or tee ball. There are fortunately a few that make it enjoyable, some that I tolerate, and sometimes I wonder how some of you ever made your way onto this forum.

laughingArtist%5B3%5D.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Is it not odd that most participants of this thread seem to be geographically located in areas outside the Southeast (with few exceptions), yet 75 percent of the discussion, outside of focusing on a particular game, is about the SEC? Often without temptation.

Don't mistake my ramblings as a sign of being offended; it is pretty hard to hurt my feelings in general, but especially hard when you are attacking someone on topics they feel confident on. It's like pulling up in a Pinto and calling the guy who gets out of a Porche a "loser". Alright.

I am on mobile and can't reply to a particular post, but look at Rams' reply. Dude is comparing SEC football to the Confederacy while comparing that to Germans and their history of killing millions in a World War led by a dictator. Come on. Are you afraid the South will rise again or something?

"Support your conference"

Except not. The idea of being a conference fan when your team is no longer playing is absurd. Kentucky and Vandy don't get a share of the national championship if Alabama wins. It's bandwagoning, pure and simple.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As a frequent visitor to the south, color me unimpressed. I have never felt jealousy towards anyone living in the south. At best, it's just like a hotter version of everywhere else and I hate the heat. Hate it.

Best weather, food, and women? That's your (obviously biased) opinion and it's really a matter of preference.

Weather: I would die if I had to go through summer in the south. Heat sucks and it gets hot enough here, thank you. Secondly I like winter. I love cold weather. I love snow and snow sports. I love the fall when it's crisp and I can finally wear pants again. So, no thanks to southern weather.

Food: what does the south have that other places don't? This is 2012 2013, if it's so good it'll make its way up here.

Women: Maybe, but I went to college in the north at the number one ranked party school. There were more than enough attractive girls.

If you like where you live, that's fine, but it's not THE GREATEST PLACE IN THE WORLD.

I spent a good part of my life in pads on a football field. Am I allowed to talk about football in this thread?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Every major college worth its salt has more than enough attractive women so that argument is null and void.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

"Support your conference"

Except not. The idea of being a conference fan when your team is no longer playing is absurd. Kentucky and Vandy don't get a share of the national championship if Alabama wins. It's bandwagoning, pure and simple.

Point straight. This is what I meant when I said that all of those teams' fans who lost to the BIg East will spew about their mighty conference if Alabama wins.

It's annoying and stupid hearing Tennessee and Vandy fans saying their sucky teams are legendary because of what another team in the conference did. Do you hear Jet fans say "go Tom Brady and go Patriots!" because they care more for the AFC East? Do you hear Cowboy fans say "Go Redskins!" despite the fact that they beat them, just for the sake of the NFC East? Didn't think so.

Rooting for the conference is asinine and idiotic, hence why most of America didn't give two :censored:s in last year's title game, and why they're on Notre Dame's side this time.

Oh hell yes. I guarantee at least a good 25% of the people rooting for Notre Dame against Alabama are doing it purely because they're anti-SEC and I am glad to call myself part of that 25%.

Oh hell yes. I guarantee at least a good 25% of the people rooting for Notre Dame against Alabama are doing it purely because they're anti-SEC and I am glad to call myself part of that 25%.

Exactly. People who hate Notre Dame will root for Notre Dame, not because of their underdog status or because of not liking the Crimson Tide specifically, but to shut those conference bandwagoners up.

I understand and appreciate the legitimate Alabama fans who root for their team, and their potential "dynasty" status. But if it will take them to lose to shut the traps of those SEC morons, then so be it.

I'm one of those people. On any other day, you bet I'll be rooting against Notre Dame. Come the title game, you bet I'll be rooting for the Domers. That makes me a giant hypocrite, since I am being a bandwagon jumper, but I don't care. The stakes are too high.

I don't really like this game because you have Notre Dame with their massive contingent of fans who didn't go to the school, and Alabama with their massive contingent of fans who just didn't go to school period. I don't like teams where a large percentage of the fanbase barely recognizes that there's an academic institution associated with the football team.

But I'll be pulling for Notre Dame because I dislike Nick Saban and because I'm super jealous of the south.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived