2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Florida State has one of the most athletic d-lines in the country. Jeff Driskel didn't have an ounce of success on designed QB run plays either. The reason Florida beat them was because of Gillislee's fantastic night, and that itself was thanks to the FSU D-line not being at its stout finest.

Lynch trying to power it up the middle has been nothing more than a concession of down.

spacer.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it was decently close for a little while. Those two turnovers killed any NIU momentum.

And at the end, Florida State is just more talented than NIU. Bigger, better, stronger, faster athletes at every position.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Then what's the point of watching any 2+ loss team during the regular season?

Loyalty or addiction to the sport.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

USC has gone from #1 preseason to losing to a losing team in the Sun Bowl.

But hey, teams play hard in the Bowls right? :rolleyes:

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I saw a lot of trying in bowls this year.

You mean the ones in which a bunch of bad Big Ten teams actually hung around SEC foes? Yeah, I don't think the SEC teams gave much of a crap in today's games.

Today, we are all otaku.

NIU didn't play too bad of a game, it was just the turnovers that did them. Today is the Sugar Bowl and somehow, Louisville outgains Florida in the attendance game (in tickets).

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/swamp-things/os-uf-university-of-florida-struggling-to-unload-tickets-to-the-2013-sugar-bowl-20121214,0,7379852.post

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

The way tickets are allotted to each school needs a major overhaul. I think I went over this before, but it is basically more expensive (in most cases) and my seats are worse if I order my tickets through the school. The basically (for every bowl) issue them the upper middles and then the lower corners. Nothing between the goallines under the lowers...the bowl games themselves keep and sell those tickets.

Not only that, but the Gamecock Club (like most others, I am sure) has a cap on ticket amount that can be ordered depending on your donor level...so I can only get 2 tickets. In most cases, I have 4-8 people going with me and need more.

That Orange Bowl really just summed up how lame the bowl system is in general. Two mediocre teams playing listless football on the supposed "big" stage with absolutely nothing of value on the line. I can count on one hand the number of well-played, fun-to-watch BCS bowls I've seen during the BCS' whole existence.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That Orange Bowl really just summed up how lame the bowl system is in general. Two mediocre teams playing listless football on the supposed "big" stage with absolutely nothing of value on the line. I can count on one hand the number of well-played, fun-to-watch BCS bowls I've seen during the BCS' whole existence.

That's bit hyperbolic. In 13 or whatever seasons of the BCS you've only seen 5 good games?

I'm the first one on the "every bowl game is meaningless" train, but there's been plenty of entertaining BCS games in the time it's been around.

Actually I though the NIU-FSU game was entertaining in the first half (before I went to sleep). NIU was clearly outmatched, but the feeling and tension in games like that that exists on every play isn't found in a game where the two teams are on the same physical level. That's the way I felt watching Boise State-Oklahoma, Utah-Alabama, West Virginia-Georgia etc.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The way tickets are allotted to each school needs a major overhaul. I think I went over this before, but it is basically more expensive (in most cases) and my seats are worse if I order my tickets through the school. The basically (for every bowl) issue them the upper middles and then the lower corners. Nothing between the goallines under the lowers...the bowl games themselves keep and sell those tickets.

Not only that, but the Gamecock Club (like most others, I am sure) has a cap on ticket amount that can be ordered depending on your donor level...so I can only get 2 tickets. In most cases, I have 4-8 people going with me and need more.

Yeah, I read an article a couple weeks ago how the Big Ten wanted to negotiate to restructure the way the bowl tickets are distributed. They make the schools buy up all the tickets that go unsold which I believe the Big Ten takes out of the bowl money they receive that year so every school ends up getting less of the bowl revenue.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Because I love watching football, that's why. Isn't that reason enough?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Because I love watching football, that's why. Isn't that reason enough?

See the bolded part. Love is addiction with a socially acceptable wrapping.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived