Another Astros Concept!

kevinmets

With all the buzz about a possible Astros re-brand for 2013, I have to throw my hat into the ring.

This will also serve as a preview to my 2012 MLB concept series, which I will post once the season gets closer.

astros-1.jpg

Obviously inspired by the 1994-99 look, but a much cleaner/more modern adaptation, I feel.

I was torn between these colors and black/gold, but I opted for the familiar color scheme.

C&C?

Looks great. I agree with two things said by above posters, though: 1. Black would be really cool and 2. It would really benefit having space between the last letter and the star.

But other than that, looks great, can't wait to see the rest of this, and I can't wait for your MLB series!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

- Space between star and last letter. Where the star comes up to the high point at the bottom, just cut it off there, as you have it. Don't have the down "slope". Bring that poing near, but not all the way to the letter.

- Ditch the upward slant, especially on the cap logo.

Nice. Although I'm hoping for navy/orange, this was a nice clean look for them as well. The only problem I had with it was it looked very Milwaukee Brewer-ish, but now that they'll be in a different league, it's not so bad.

On a side note, I'm hoping they keep the 'moving star' or something similar as opposed to just a stagnant star. Something showing motion says 'Astros', where as a still star to me just says 'stars', and even has kind of a Texas Rangers feel to it.

sig.png

This a cool concept. If in the AL, the Navy/Gold color might work. Though it's an accent color, the Royals do have gold as a color and the use the two shades of blue.

It's hard to find a color scheme that screams AL for the Astros, since they've been in the NL, but just stay away from Red AND BLUE AND White. That color scheme is a bit over done all over the league, but 6 (7 if you count Yankees primary logo) of the 14 teams use it. Sure different shades, but still blue and red and white.

I might try a Red and Gold or Red and Silver, though Silver is hard to see for baseball. Red and Gold (Like their NBA counterpart Rockets used to) Another might be Red (49ers red?) and black with Silver/gray as trim.

Though if they wanted to go back to their roots, I might suggest they try Orange as the primary, Navy blue as the secondary and white trim. Sure there are other AL team that use Orange, but Baltimore uses it as a secondary color and Detroit uses it as a trim.

I really like these logos. I'm a fan of the slant - it makes it seem kinda like it's taking off (spaceship theme) - and I don't have a problem with how the star plays in with the wordmarks. The font is really good as well.

I don't like the color scheme though. I would much rather see the 'Stros go back to orange and blue. The blue and gold was around for too short a period of time to go back to it I feel.

Can't wait to see unis!

Archived