Update: Lance Armstrong to admit doping on Oprah

CS85

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because a person lies about something major does not automatically mean he lied on every single facet of his life.

It doesn't mean that he he did, but it sure as hell means that he would.

When somebody lies for years and years, and sues other people for telling the truth, running some of them out of their business for the crime of telling the truth, then it stands to reason that he would indeed lie about anything and everything else.

Yeah. Lance makes Barry Bonds look like a saint by comparison. And that's saying something.

Lance Armstrong's confession would be like USC Football announcing a pre-emptive press conference to admit that they cheated. Not only are they the best football team, but they can prove that they are morally superior to all of the other teams by acknowledging the cheating in the sport, and prove that they can be in charge of writing the inevitable end to their own tragic hero myth.

Armstrong should be in deep for fraudulently (admitted in interview hopefully) suing people. Sosa, Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, McGwire (got all of them?) perjured themselves (we don't know if these lies were warranted by these players, but the public assumes they have "been caught").

Have we seen a hero create the tragic fall themselves and get away with it (USC example), elevating themselves to a "new class of champion" yet?

ARMSTRONG: Few other riders would have had such a close relationship with their bike supplier, so I guess that was cheating too?

The truth is that if I knew I wouldn’t get caught, I’d do it all over again. Because, again, the life that my professional success bought me was a much better alternative to the one I faced as a non-pro. Do you really expect me to sit here and say sorry for taking the performance-enhancing drugs that allowed me to become financially secure and date rock stars and beauty queens?

Without my success as a competitive cyclist, there would be no Livestrong Foundation. All the support we’ve given to cancer victims over the years…it’s all well and good to claim I’ve disgraced Livestrong, but the reality is, no EPO, no success, no Livestrong. Folks like David Walsh accuse me of ‘conning’ cancer victims, but where’s the con? I had cancer, and I survived it. Trust me, that :censored: was real. Has Walsh ever beaten cancer? What’s he ever done to help cancer sufferers?

OPRAH: But couldn’t you still have won without drugs?

Oprah needs to ask about the charity here.

I think Armstrong is somewhat missing the point here. Armstrong conned us all. His story of cancer survivor to TdF winner is a lie. However well meaning Armstrong's work was, it was built on a con. Until he gets his head around that deceit, he won't be able to understand people's need to hear something of a proper, contrite confession from Armstrong in a way in which all his failings can be addressed.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Dude he lost a testicle due to cancer. I do not think any man would sacrifice one of his balls for a lie.

The most important thing Armstrong admits is that it takes PEDs to win the Tour de France. He also said that "smashing his balls against a bike seat" causes cancer. I don't think we know the timeline, but he also admits that he has no qualms about sacrificing his body to win. He says that HGH could have caused his cancer, if there were a tumor forming, to develop faster, so we know that he took HGH while in the beginning stages of cancer. I believe him when he says that he had no choice but to enhance his body to leave his situation in Plano.

That's a load of crap. If it were true I'm in a lot of trouble...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I should say that the interview from which this was quoted is fake. Sorry I was fooled. Bikes may or may not cause cancer...

...more later on this theory.

What are your thoughts about the number of bikes per capita and the affect they should or should not have on the Electoral College?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Just because a person lies about something major does not automatically mean he lied on every single facet of his life.

It doesn't mean that he he did, but it sure as hell means that he would.

When somebody lies for years and years, and sues other people for telling the truth, running some of them out of their business for the crime of telling the truth, then it stands to reason that he would indeed lie about anything and everything else.

I like to put specific issues on a "innocent until proven guilty measure"

Just because he is guilty on one major case has nothing to do with another case.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

From what we know of his character, having lied repeatedly and on many occasions (including in court), I think he's lost the presumption of innocence.

He's a scumbag who used his money and influence to bully and silence anyone in his way. He filed false lawsuits against people whose only harm was actually telling the truth about him.

He's not offering a "proper, contrite confession."

He's doing the bare minimum so he can start competing again.

The man is the very definition of selfish; he only does something if it can profit him.

Correct. The fact that he told Oprah that his three "comeback" Tour du France's were run clean is an immediate WTF.

The first comeback tour was in 2009 and he finished 3rd. Come on. He did not go into detail regarding Betsy Andreu, because she heard Lance talking to his doctor and Lance is essentially using patient/doctor confidentiality, which is his right, to not say what she overheard between Lance and his doctor.

Archived