Update: Lance Armstrong to admit doping on Oprah

CS85

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps his admission will be the start of athletes in other sports to admit to their use of PEDs. Baseball, football, track and field

I'd prefer it if his downfall caused some to not do it in the first place.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here is a question.

If they can invent a safe PED one that has no negitive side effects, in fact it can extend life shorten injuries and make some one stronger on and off the field of play; should it be legal?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Here is a question.

If they can invent a safe PED one that has no negitive side effects, in fact it can extend life shorten injuries and make some one stronger on and off the field of play; should it be legal?

The entire argument against PED's I thought was that no athlete should ever have to make a choice between something that could potentially harm them and being able to play at a high level.

If its perfectly safe to use and can be proven as such, I can't see why it should be illegal.

Livestrong - V (for victories) = Liestrong.

I'd give you more credit for that if I hadn't seen that on Twitter so much the last couple months.....

Really? Shows how much I pay attention to Twitter. And here I thought I was the only one lame enough to think of it.

Lots of variations on that theme out there:

o-LANCE-ARMSTRONG-NY-POST-facebook.jpg

If he wants to admit this and go away forever to clear his conscience or whatever, fine.

If he wants to admit this and use the confession to then go on to shove whatever the next thing he wants to do down our throats, then STFU.

Definitely going to be the 2nd one. I read he wants to try to get reinstated to do Ironman competitions.

He does need to just go away.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

So in a sport that is infested by steroids and PEDs, where EVERYONE is doing them, people were surprised the the best racer winning the biggest race seven straight times was doing steroids and PEDs?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

So in a sport that is infested by steroids and PEDs, where EVERYONE is doing them, people were surprised the the best racer winning the biggest race seven straight times was does steroids and PEDs?

No, not at all actually. We're just pissed and :censored:ty that he went around for upwards of ten years praising how clean he was and this and that for it to be the reality.

What the hell does the Livestrong charity even do anyways?

6fQjS3M.png

So in a sport that is infested by steroids and PEDs, where EVERYONE is doing them, people were surprised the the best racer winning the biggest race seven straight times was does steroids and PEDs?

That's my thinking as well. While it doesn't excuse what Armstrong did, I wonder how far back you have to go to find a clean champion.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's my thinking as well. While it doesn't excuse what Armstrong did, I wonder how far back you have to go to find a clean champion.

old-bike_zpsae9ced39.jpeg

old-bike_zpsae9ced39.jpeg

POTD?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't know. I was thinking of making that joke but I felt like it was too easy. I won't object to POTD-ing that post if I'm wrong, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived