2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of right now the Maple Leafs are 1st in the league!!!

And the Bruins are last! Well they're last in the East. Only the Blue Jackets have fewer points then them, so at the moment, they're 29th overall.

I wasn't expecting such a rough start for the Cup Champs, especially with the two great goaltenders that they have.

Jets are 12th in the east, and right on track for a repeat of last season.

Evander Kane is gonna be, and I hate the comparison but nothing else seems to fit him, the next Iginla. Kid's got tools.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Jets are 12th in the east, and right on track for a repeat of last season.

Evander Kane is gonna be, and I hate the comparison but nothing else seems to fit him, the next Iginla. Kid's got tools.

Why is that bad? I'd love to have Iginla on the Leafs. I'm sure any team would want the next Iginla on their team so they can pencil in 35-40 goals a year for the next decade.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I wouldnt mind seeing Shea Weber in a Caps jersey, but not at the expense of Mike Green who is an RFA this year and would have to go to make room for Weber.

For the the offensive prowess and inconsistent defensive play that Green brings each game - when healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing him go elsewhere if that means acquiring Weber.

There isnt many defensemen in the league that I would take over a healthy Mike Green, I could prolly count them on 1 hand. I value that guy alot, and his value has shown in his absence with his sprained ankle. This blueline isnt the same without him. Weber is elite, but Green is right in his class and is getting better. Green is unfairly criticized alot but there is not a better skater on the blueline and not one with the vision he has. He has his brain farts every now and then, but those will go away once he gets a bit older. I will not put down Weber cause hes one of the best, just as a personal preference, I like Green.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Good goalie, though he looks better than he is because the Predators run a trap. That idiom is a bit misleading, though, because the verb "run" connotes a sense of swiftness and urgency altogether absent from the Nashville Predators. Even "spring a trap" brings to mind some sort of bursting spontaneity. They use a trap?

Admiral, you always make me laugh. You are like CCSLC's own Dennis Miller. You always make references very few people will get and any given comment is over the heads of at least half of people on here.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Aw shucks. I grew up a big Dennis Miller fan, shame about 9/11 ruining him.

Columbus down 6-0 to the Flyers and they're not through two. Scott Arniel is going to get fired. Possibly out of that cannon they have.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Aw shucks. I grew up a big Dennis Miller fan, shame about 9/11 ruining him.

Columbus down 6-0 to the Flyers and they're not through two. Scott Arniel is going to get fired. Possibly out of that cannon they have.

Ruining him how? I know he became conservative, but was that what turned him from a comedian into a "pundit"?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Started taking himself and everything too seriously as we all did, but he never snapped out of it. If being a rambling wordsmith is going to be your bit, you have to be self-effacing about it or nobody's ever going to like you.

Back to hockey, 8-0 Flyers now. God, that team is so horrible. Give them tax money.

As of right now the Maple Leafs are 1st in the league!!!

And the Bruins are last! Well they're last in the East. Only the Blue Jackets have fewer points then them, so at the moment, they're 29th overall.

I wasn't expecting such a rough start for the Cup Champs, especially with the two great goaltenders that they have.

Ironic how the Leafs and Bruins are playing each other tonight. How's that going, by the way?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Hawks still have five games left with the Jackets and I would really really prefer that I not be subjected to ~5 hours of Hitchpuck. Unlike some, I like hockey.

That's what it looks like when a bad team isn't trying. I don't think I've ever seen a worse effort from this team.

Arniel is as good as gone and he knows it. It'll be interesting to see if Howson goes with him. I would've loved to have been in the lockerroom during the second intermission. Did Arniel go on a tirade or did he calmly deliver his last words to the team? I think Arniel is a nice enough guy and the players seem to like him and he's not at fault for the team he's been given, but it's also clear that he's somewhat in over his head.

Howson has proven to be more inept at his job. He inherited a team in a hole that was left by Doug Maclean, but this current mess is all his. He has yet to have a good draft, signed a slew of untradeable contracts, and failed to address the team's biggest problem, Steve Mason. He's gotta go.

But so help me if we go back to Ken Hitchcock. That's the opposite thing the Blue Jackets should do.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Tyler Seguin must feel proud scoring a hat trick against a goalie in his 2nd NHL game who has less then 50 as a pro. Funny how some B's fans seem to forget who the NHL Player of the Month was in October.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived