2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be a tad premature to call Hackett a number one guy (even if it's 1c). I'd give him more than two games to base that status on.

You're right, I guess I should have said he has the potential to be a #1 guy. Nonetheless, he has played great so far and it is nice to know the Wild have someone to call if and when Harding and/or Backstrom get hurt.

It's really bad for the league when a bunch of buttshook meatheads flip out over the teensiest bit of exuberance or enthusiasm. Self-righteous crap. Hate it in baseball, too. Don't like it? Don't give it up.

Apparently the only person who's allowed to do a self-indulgent goal celebration is Alex Burrows because his dead teammate used to have that self-indulgent goal celebration. Whatever, guys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tomas Kaberle has been traded to the Montreal Canadiens for Jaroslav Spacek.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382331

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

It's really bad for the league when a bunch of buttshook meatheads flip out over the teensiest bit of exuberance or enthusiasm. Self-righteous crap. Hate it in baseball, too. Don't like it? Don't give it up.

Apparently the only person who's allowed to do a self-indulgent goal celebration is Alex Burrows because his dead teammate used to have that self-indulgent goal celebration. Whatever, guys.

And Ovechkin, because He haz so much heart and iz so exciting 2 watcchhhhhh!!111!1!!!

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

For the 4th or 5th time in the past 6 games I've watched referee's dictate what's a pentalty and what isn't. I just saw Jake Gardiner get high sticked square in the face with no call, and then Joey Crabb with a complete accidental play get called for the lesser high stick. I've seen high from behinds, high sticks, players tripped at the blueline and I'm just baffled by this.

The referees in this league are horrible and are never, ever held accountable for anything. The refs have handed Washington this game tonight, and I'm just beyond words at the moment. I've completely lost all faith in the integrity of the NHL. Every clean hit, we hear " suspension? " like what on earth happened to this league?

That's my rant, or the beginning of it. Also Ovechkin is going to get his one day soon, and I'm not alone in that opinion.

untitled-6.jpg

What did Ovechkin do tonight to draw your ire? I know hes a marked man because unlike most other superstars hes actually physical and for some reason people have a problem with that, but tonight he played a pretty good game. Wideman with a PP hat trick that no one saw coming because our PP has been putrid all year long. Not a bad game.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

What did Ovechkin do tonight to draw your ire? I know hes a marked man because unlike most other superstars hes actually physical and for some reason people have a problem with that, but tonight he played a pretty good game. Wideman with a PP hat trick that no one saw coming because our PP has been putrid all year long. Not a bad game.

The referee's were what did it. It was Ovechkin's spear the other night that did it for me. There's physical, and then there's dirty. He sticks knees out, and tbh I have no idea how anyone can say he played good. Wideman had a great game and Vokoun was solid, but Ovechkin wasn't the best player on the ice or near it tonight for your team.

untitled-6.jpg

All I have to say is I have no respect whatsoever for the Lighting. If you have a problem with Artem Anisimov's shotgun celebration after the goal, then maybe you should've played better defense and not given up the goal. I don't understand what Lecavlier was upset about. What's the matter Vinny, you were upset that you didn't play defense so you had to try and beat up the guy who scored the goal? Nice. Was that your man that you missed? Oh no, wait it was the future face of the franchise, Mr. Stamkos who was taking his dear old time to get back on defense. Hey Vinny, the next time you try and beat up the guy who scores a goal, try looking at beating up your lazy teammate who didn't think it was important to back check!

Not defending the Lightning's certain over-reaction, but I'm certain the reason why Vinny and MAB and Co. were upset had to deal with Anisomov's firing of the stick in the direction of Garon.

I've seen the stick celebration many times, and it has never bothered me. Didn't bother me last night, either. If it weren't directly toward's an opponent, I doubt the Lightning would've minded either. They would've been pissed they gave up a friggen SHG, which they have to the best team in the league at giving up.

spacer.png

The referee's were what did it. It was Ovechkin's spear the other night that did it for me. There's physical, and then there's dirty. He sticks knees out, and tbh I have no idea how anyone can say he played good. Wideman had a great game and Vokoun was solid, but Ovechkin wasn't the best player on the ice or near it tonight for your team.

No he wasnt, but he played well. His shift in the 3rd where he blocked 3 shots in succession was great. He's buying into what Hunters selling and hes playing deeper in his own zone which is going to help his overall game. He and Phaneuf had some good battles out there, they usually bring out the best in one another. He's got a new beat to his step since Dale took over and its refreshing to see. Backstrom and Carlson were great tonight too.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

No he wasnt, but he played well. His shift in the 3rd where he blocked 3 shots in succession was great. He's buying into what Hunters selling and hes playing deeper in his own zone which is going to help his overall game. He and Phaneuf had some good battles out there, they usually bring out the best in one another. He's got a new beat to his step since Dale took over and its refreshing to see. Backstrom and Carlson were great tonight too.

Him and Phaneuf just need to drop the gloves man, neither has the balls to do it though. I just think you guys won't ever win with him, the way the NHL is now it's like the team is a sideshow to him, and that never works in the end. Backstrom did have a great game though, he's one of the best one touch passers around.

untitled-6.jpg

Him and Phaneuf just need to drop the gloves man, neither has the balls to do it though. I just think you guys won't ever win with him, the way the NHL is now it's like the team is a sideshow to him, and that never works in the end. Backstrom did have a great game though, he's one of the best one touch passers around.

Well we still have 10 more years for you to prove your theory. Love him or hate him (I like him but hes not close to my favorite player) he makes things happen when he gets out there and when hes really on his game.

Well we still have 10 more years for you to prove your theory. Love him or hate him (I like him but hes not close to my favorite player) he makes things happen when he gets out there and when hes really on his game.

That's rather redundant though, wouldn't you say? Any player on their game makes things happen, the fact is he hasn't been on his game for quite some time. Not atleast to the level that's expect or he's payed. But I'm glad he's not your favourite player :P

untitled-6.jpg

That's rather redundant though, wouldn't you say? Any player on their game makes things happen, the fact is he hasn't been on his game for quite some time. Not atleast to the level that's expect or he's payed. But I'm glad he's not your favourite player :P

I guess. Even when hes not playing well he usually makes his presence felt. No he hasnt been playing to his expectations or his salary, but I dont think hes an anchor weighing this team down. He doesnt make catastrophic mistakes like taking bad penalties at bad times like Semin does. I'm of the mind that it doesnt matter whose playing well or scoring goals as long as someone does, it doesnt necessarily have to be him although it makes it alot easier to win when he is on his game.

I hate it when someone delivers a big, clean hit and then the team of the receiving player starts a fight/scrum. It's so stupid and almost whiny in the sense that "I can't take a big hit".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Mike Yeo has to be the early Jack Adams favorite as the Wild wax Phoenix, 4-1, for their seventh straight win and their 12th in their last 14 games. Niklas Backstrom returned in net tonight and came within a couple minutes of a shutout.

To briefly detour into "Adventures in NHL Babysitting" territory, the few Wild fans in attendance were almost as loud as the slightly more Coyotes fans, at least in their respective goal celebrations. Also, at one point they showed a camera shot of a fountain in the plaza outside the arena. As far as I could see, the plaza looked completely deserted.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived