2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New NHL on NBC graphic package. I like it! Simpler, reminds me of early 2000s NBC Sports. They've stopped spelling out city names, which was nice, because "Philadelphia" was always kind of hard to fit in. Still don't think they need the logos or colors next to the abbreviations. That's not information we need.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Dale Tallon's signing John Madden. Hey Dale, I can get you a sweet deal on Cristobal Huet!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pretty sure there's a sellout in Phoenix tonight. You're welcome, 'Yotes!

i.e. 18 000 people in attendance or "we wish there were even half that amount, but the paid attendance is high!).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

No, I have the game on, it's pretty full. Of Bruins fans, of course, but it's pretty full.

Blackhawks played their worst game of the year tonight. They've done that about four or five times now this season. That's a lot of Worst Games Of The Year for an alleged contender. Go get talent.

No, I have the game on, it's pretty full. Of Bruins fans, of course, but it's pretty full.

Blackhawks played their worst game of the year tonight. They've done that about four or five times now this season. That's a lot of Worst Games Of The Year for an alleged contender. Go get talent.

My belief is that Quenneville should load the whole team into a bus tonight, take a drive out to Rockford, and give everyone a nice, long talk. On the way home, they can stop for McDonald's at the Belvidere Oasis. Maybe not everyone makes the ride home.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Quick played very well, but that's no excuse for playing as poorly as they did. John Scott and Andrew Brunette better be the money going the other way in a trade. No use for either of them.

Toews has a lot of bad games for an alleged MVP contender. It's just that people don't like to talk about it.

I don't like to bitch about the refs, but they missed goaltender interference on Clifford, a slewfoot on some other King, and a dive on Richards that led to the penalty shot. Still no excuses for the Big 4 not scoring. Didn't look so big last night!

Also, I think Patrick Kane is back on the sauce. "Flu-like symptoms" after the holidays should be an eyebrow-raiser. It's too bad; you could tell he was in much better condition after rehab, and the numbers bore it out.

Archived