Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! I hope I can do a few leagues before this is done.

Empire NYC

So my original idea for the logo was a triangle, with the skyline(MLS ASG) on top. Then I would have the team name in the white. Then I was trying to find the right font, settled on the Falcon's one and everything just started clicking. I did a banner, and it balanced out the logo. I added a shadow to the banner, and just cleaned up the logo, and got rid of open space. This is my favorite primary so far. The alternate is simply a star with NYC over it. For the field, I put the skyline slightly darker for something I haven't done already for this series.

NewYork.png

I want Empire to be a landmark team, so I went simple and classy here. I did a stripe down the left side, that tapers off at the bottom. Simple as that! The same pattern is found on the pant stripe. I did choose white as the home because no other team has yet. Also, this is probably my favorite set so far.

NewYorkUnis.png

Oh, if you haven't seen the map, I post sneak previews there.

I really like these. Each one is original and different from the rest, but they can all fit together in the same league. My biggest gripe? On the Carolina concept, there is no love for Wake Forest.

Also, I want to play a game of Yakball.

Altitude: Great name, nice color scheme, really crisp primary, love the script, and amazing use of the altitude/numbers for the secondary.

Boston: My least favorite of the bunch, tbh. The primary is ok but a little busy. I think I'd like it more if the outer circle was all green, while the inner was all white. The secondary and script are kind of flat. Not bad overall, but the least memorable.

Chicago: The primary is like an improved Fire logo and I love the secondary. Fun without looking silly. Script is simple but nice.

IX Counties: Absolutely love the unconventional name and use of Roman numerals. The primary is basically perfect. It might be interesting to see a mini-map of the actual counties for the secondary, though.

Carolina: The primary might actually be my favorite so far. Or close to it. To be honest, it took me a second to realize it's a biplane (thought it was a ladder at first) but once I saw it I loved it. Incorporates the history of the region and I love the use of the school colors to create motion. The script is really nice, too. The secondary seems a bit off, though. Like it's a bit too jammed together. I'm thinking it might look better to drop the colors and just use the "CF" and "EST 2012" in the center of the state or even just "EST 2012." More generic perhaps but cleaner.

Minnesota: Again, fantastic. Love the use of plaid. Seems so fitting for the region (I've always wanted the Bucks to incorporate some plaid into their designs) and those colors are beautiful. I actually like this quite a bit more than the Timbers logo, the ax is better, and your script stands out more than theirs.

Dallas: Gotta admit, I'm not sure what the primary is supposed to be. For that reason, I prefer the secondary. Simple and screams Texas. The script is also fitting.

NYC: I've always been a fan of blue/orange and glad to see you left black out here (never thought it meshed with the blue and orange). The primary is basically perfect and I like the script. The secondary, however, feels generic. Not sure why you went with the star in the secondary rather than just repeating a version of the Empire State Building, considering the team name.

Overall, these are amazing. Can't wait to see more.

Ñêà÷àòü áåñïëàòíî ïåñíþ îêåàí åëüçè. Ñìîòðåòü êëèï îêåàí åëüçè. Îêåàí åëüçè âíî÷³.

Âòîðîå ÿâëåíèå ñöåíàðèé ñêàçêè áóðàòèíî íàðîäó

Ìèíóñîâêè chris rea. Full chris rea albums and chris rea songs download. Ñêà÷àòü chris rea.

RU áàñòà áèëåòû íà êîíöåðò 20 àïðåëÿ 2012 ãîäà â êðîêóñ ñèòè õîëëå.

Áèëåòû íà êîíöåðò êèåâ. Êóïèòü áèëåòû íà êîíöåðòû â êèåâå èç Ìîñêâû. Scorpions êîíöåðò êèåâ.

Îêåàí åëüçè ñîñíû. Îêåàí åëüçè êèåâ. Îêåàí åëüçè íî÷³ ³ äí³.

Ah thanks everyone, even you spammer.

I see a few things I can fix with my logos on a few of them, so I will update a few after I get through the 16 teams. Oh, and the Dallas logo is suppose to be a ribbon type thing. So the 3 parts going up from left to right are connected by the darker color bar that runs behind them.

Houston Supernovas

I'll skip Atlanta, because I'm really excited about this one. Someone mentioned the name, and I thought there could be something I could work off of. A supernova is the strongest force in the universe, so the name really would work. That, and they would be Yakball's version of the Sonics. So I didn't want to use black again in the state of Texas, so this concept was predominantly purple. Then, instead of being cliche, I used a burnt orange color instead of yellow. I used a Juventes like oval, and tried to make it dynamic. I got the script and every thing, then I had to fill the empty SPACE. Great pun on my part. First I just tried to make an explosion looking thing. Then, I thought I could have some meaning behind it. There is 13 points in each spike thing, for Apollo 13. Then, in the middle, I used black, because a supernova explosion causes black holes. Pretty cool on my part.

Houston.png

This might be one of my favorites. I wanted something cool and modern. So I did some unbalanced designs. The left arm would be a different color than the rest, with colored swooshes boxing in the front area. I THOUGHT about putting stars and stuff on the purple, but I thought that was too gimmicky.

HoustonUnis.png

Names still needed for Tampa, LA, Phoenix, Seattle, DC, and Philly.

The Supernovas look really good. It looks good aesthetically and it has reasoning behind almost every design choice, which I always love. As far as name suggestions go I can only think of Washignton Resistance with an identity based around a snake and revolutionary imagery. Keep it up man, I'm really enjoying this series.

spacer.png

Alright, without a doubt the Empire NYC's logos are the best in the series, and some of the best on the entire Soncepts section. :D With that being said, Boston YC's logos come off to me as a little (as much as I hate to say it, being a Bostonain) "bland". I can see why you did that, but I would say do what the Cannons of the M.L.L. did when they first came into the city and "shake it up", please... for me!

KMurphy.png

@murph'sgotFIGHT_SJLI34

These logos look good, like a real league when they're together. Except for Minnesota, I'm not sure there's enough room for two circles if Boston's is going to look that much better.

The Atlanta design is rather different so I'll wait until you roll out the actual concept to settle on an opinion for it

Midway.png

Ok I want to give you a fair amount of CC. Good concepts like this should get way more CC and view than bad series. But people find it easier to rip on bad concepts then to comment on well made ones like these. So here are my thoughts.

I like the look of the league logo....but it would never work for real. It looks cool, but isn't functional. The splatter is too small and it just doesn't fit as a league logo. But like I said, it IS cool looking. So if that's more important than functionality, nice job.

Denver: I love the look of the mountain. It's a very solid logo. I am not a fan of the 5280, but others seem to be so it's probably just me. The other change I would make is the DENVER font. It just doesn't look right. Pixelated and just not a good font. I don't know if you made the stadium logo, but that looks amazing. That logo is incredible.

Boston: Not feeling it at all. I think logos need to have a standard outline or at least a key line. The whole two toned thing would only work on a black background and really just isn't practical. I think you should totally redo this one and that you could do a lot better now. It's just so simple and not very creative. i know you ca do a lot better!

Chicago: very cool. I love the secondary. It is more standard logo esque then these crests and soccer like badges. It's cool to see you branch out a bit. The only think I would change is add a MUCh thicker white outline to the primary.

IX Counties: This is just a cool simple, professional looking concept. Not much to it, but nothing wrong with it. Nicely done.

Carolina: I don't really know what to say as far as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. It may just be me and my eyes. I'm not a fan of this at all. I think you could do a much better flyer themed logo.

Minnesota: Drop the drop shadow on the font and it'd be a LOT better. The axe head needs a bit of refinement, otherwise this could be a very cool, and solid design. Glad to see a MN team!

Outlaws: you can do a much better western themed logo. The crest shape is just awkward. The hat is good, but it just looks very awkward to me on the outline. In any case, it needs a much thicker key line. Again, lose the drop shadow.

New York: By far my favorite. I love it. Great logo.

Houston: Pretty cool. Not a fan of the 2012 though. And I think you Houston on the wordmark should either be dropped or centered.

Overall your league looks great.

I think everything look great, but I agree with Fixer that if you're going to have a league logo it needs to have a more major pro look. Also, why not have a Virginia club? I think something like this would be huge in Richmond or Charlottesville, especially around VCU and UVA campuses.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I like the look of the league logo....but it would never work for real. It looks cool, but isn't functional. The splatter is too small and it just doesn't fit as a league logo. But like I said, it IS cool looking. So if that's more important than functionality, nice job.

Agreed. I like the logo on its own but it doesn't mesh as well with the team logos, which are much simpler and cleaner. The league's is too busy/modern(?) in comparison. Also, the splash graphic made me think first of a paintball club. Something more Yakball specific would probably work best. Since it's a new sport giving people a small taste of what the game is via the primary logo would be beneficial.

I don't know if you made the stadium logo, but that looks amazing. That logo is incredible.

It's the Pepsi Center's official logo. Every court/field has arena logos on them, denoting where the team would play.

Ah, thanks everyone. I'll most likely change some to every team, even a little bit.

As for the league logo, it's nothing official, just something we have. I haven't decided on a league name or logo. Think of the Yakball Association as FIFA. The part that is YA represents the wall, and then the rectangle in the middle is the box where you score. Basically, the splatter is just for looks, but the YA logo is the official one, I guess. But the splatter is sort of symbolic too, because we spray painted the box on the wall, I might upload a picture sometime.

So eventually each country will have a league logo, most likely something that has the same look, but different based off the country.

Atlanta Rovers

I wanted to do something different, even though this is a team from my MLS division 2 league. I really wanted to use this scheme again, because everything has to do with peaches in Atlanta. Atlanta bros, how many streets are named "Peachtree"? So I completely redid my logo from last time. In a diamond, I had the blue, peach, and orange evenly spaced so it's 3 equal stripes. The peach I used on the last concept, and a script was used on the logo. Like, there was no reason to this madness, it just worked, ya know? I just went for simplicity here. The field is also smurf turf, thought that might be cool.

Atlanta.png

Since Atlanta is on blue turf, I made them have peach uniforms. I didn't know what I would do with their jerseys, and kinda messed around with a few things. Then I thought of hoops, and really fell in love the way the two peaches looked together. I just went from there using blue as an accent. Then the clash is a navy version for games against, like, IX Counties

AtlantaUnis.png

That's all the done ones, you might have to wait for Friday for your next one. Team names still open.

Archived