Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That secondary logo for the Brigade is awesome. My friends and I also invented a sport named Yakball when we were kids, but it was just an excuse to run around and tackle each other. :P

Hah! That's pretty funny. I was about 5(ish) and my neighbors and I were messing around with a basketball and a bounce back net, not even playing anything, just throwing the ball at it, and they just made up Yakball. But then I put rules to it in middle school, with a bounce back net, then last year I wrote down the modern rules, and viola! I think my friend even used it in 8th grade when we had to make up a culture and have a game.

That was a quick history lesson!

The Brigade look good so far but no matter how cool the alt logo may be, the handle of the hatchet looks off from end to end. It might be because some hatchet handles have a bendy shape but this one doesn't look like it aligns correctly behind the hat. I'm also not a fan of primary logos built around wordmarks but I'm not sure what much else can be done to it.

IX counties is simple and straightforward. I think it acomplishes the exact feel you were going for. The brown could be replaced with silver to give the Raiders a nod and still look classy

Midway.png

Carolina Flyers

Yes, this is recycled from an old soccer series, but I liked the name too much to pass up. The idea behind the concept was to represent the research triangle, and North Carolina as a whole. The state is first in flight, obviously. Then, I made the propellers in the main logo represent UNC-State-Duke, with the colors representing where each city is located. I went for a classier look for the team, as you can see. I hate UNC with a passion, but carolina blue seemed to work, especially with accent colors. The CF in the middle is circular to match the logo.

Carolina-1.png

I wanted argyle to become the team's style, so the entire front is argyle. It was a BITCH to make, but I thought it turned out pretty solid. I went with navy on the clash shorts to be different.

CarolinaUnis.png

So what do you think of that one? I feel like it's the weakest so far, but that is because I really like the first 4. Suggest names, too if you've got 'em. How do you all feel about the Dallas Renegades, or something to that effect. A logo I drew up has a cowboy hat over the state of texas, and the crown part is the top part where Oklahoma is. If that makes sense.

I like the tri-color idea with the three major schools in the Triangle in NC, and I like how you worked them into a spinning propeller on the biplane. I also think the script works well for the name, and I like the incorporation of the state in the secondary logo.

Minnesota Loggers

Whew, I finished one! I have about 5 other teams started, but none finished. But I knew kind of what I wanted with this. I came up with the name, and looked up some concepts to get a logo to build around. I knew I wanted T-Wolves colors, and plaid. I tried some things with the Wild colors, but didn't like it. The primary is a circle logo with some plaid and a cool font, and Minnesota in the middle. I made a ML logo for promotions or whatever. Then did my thing on the field!

Minnesota-1.png

The jerseys look pretty cool I think. I did a sash effect running right to left, then plaid in it. I tried to make it pop as much as I could with 3 darker colors. Simplicity with a dash of plaid.

MinnesotaUnis.png

For the loggers, I think the set could benefit from silver as an accent color. It could be used to make the blade edges of the axe contrast a bit, without it being overbearing. As for the axe handle, I think simply making it taper a bit toward the middle, and having the top be a bit thinner would give it a more realistic shape. Right now it looks like it's on a rod.

Outside of that it's a really good design.

TDZiMMB.png

Yeah, I want to completely redo that logo. I might just drop the axe, and do something else. But any more C&C would be neat.

Also, here is a sneak peak at Dallas

Dallas-1.png

Do not drop that axe logo it is nearly there like JN64 posted, add them little touches to the axe handle and it will look a lot better.

Also i like IX Counties not for your concept but the originality of the club name, leagues and new ventures like this one need that certain something that pops into peoples heads and stays there.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Chicago Brigade

Originally, I planned on Tampa having a fire-themed name. Tampa means fire sticks in the Calusa language. But the Great Chicago Fire is more understood, i guess! That, and I thought of a cool name. So I wanted to play off the Fireman theme with this one. I originally had the Fire's crest, but modified it, even though it's similar. I put the 4 Chicago stars from the flag on the bottom part, and arched CHICAGO on the top. I felt like the OKC Thunder font worked well here. THe alternate logo is a helmet and hatchet, to add to the theme. I might work on the hatchet, I think that logo might need some work.

Chicago.png

I'm almost done with IX Counties. Here is a sneak peak. But Carolina is next, I think.

I'm buying a Jersey right away did you sell it on ebay ?? lol . Wow with Carolina flyers , Chicago is my favorite logo

Carolina Flyers

Yes, this is recycled from an old soccer series, but I liked the name too much to pass up. The idea behind the concept was to represent the research triangle, and North Carolina as a whole. The state is first in flight, obviously. Then, I made the propellers in the main logo represent UNC-State-Duke, with the colors representing where each city is located. I went for a classier look for the team, as you can see. I hate UNC with a passion, but carolina blue seemed to work, especially with accent colors.

Carolina.png

So what do you think of that one? I feel like it's the weakest so far, but that is because I really like the first 4. Suggest names, too if you've got 'em. How do you all feel about the Dallas Renegades, or something to that effect. A logo I drew up has a cowboy hat over the state of texas, and the crown part is the top part where Oklahoma is. If that makes sense.

I personally think this is the best so far. It really carries that old soccer league feel you were talking about.

Dallasbrink.png

Yeah, I want to completely redo that logo. I might just drop the axe, and do something else. But any more C&C would be neat.

Also, here is a sneak peak at Dallas

Dallas-1.png

Do Dallas concept teams always have to be "Western" themed? Being from Texas and having lived in Dallas, I know allot of people, as well as my self, are tired of it. I would rather see the Dallas team take on a "classic" soccer theme than a stereotypical "Western" theme.

Dallasbrink.png

While I'm tweaking the Loggers, I'll go ahead and post this one.

Dallas Outlaws

Black and gold was the color scheme I wanted, because a color similar to the Rangers would be my second choice, but I'm happy with this one. The alternate logo was the logo I originally drew, with a hat forming the top shape of Texas, and I kept it in the logos. THe primary logo is a ribbon effect, which I thought was something different. On that logo, to fill the empty space, I put barbed wire. Then I loved my barbed wire and included it in a few places on the entire identity.

Dallas.png

These jerseys were influenced by the logo, obviously. I did the 3 ribbon wrap around effect, which I thought looked great on the black. I thought limiting white would be the best, so it's only on the nike stuff, front number, and sponsor I put on the back of the jersey.

DallasUnis.png

I have a few started, but now that it's the weekend I can do some more now.

Archived