NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Preds' yellow uniforms, but they should be the away set with yellow helmets and have a navy set for home. A team in white should never be matched against a team wearing yellow. When the light uniforms were worn at home, both white and yellow/gold were the home colours vs dark away colours.

A yellow helmet would look extremely odd, especially when paired with navy pants.

Well what would you like to see? Mono yellow like the Kings in the 70's?

No. Navy pants with a navy helmet. Look how odd these look:

vancouver.jpg134154667_display_image.jpg?1324606346dionne_86.jpg

It makes the colour balance even more off. Have one colour as the primary for the jersey and socks, and the other one for the helmet and pants.

The Canucks and the Kings wore yellow/athletic gold at home during the 80's. That's why those teams wore yellow helmets. No different than teams wearing white helmets with their whites sweater and socks. Because yellow is a light colour, it should be the Preds' away uniform and navy needs to be the home look. Team Yellow vs Team White just doesn't look good.

I don't think the Predators yellow jersey vs. a white jersey looks weird. I actually think it's unique and often looks pretty good.

129184742_display_image.jpg?1331096459

That being said, I probably wouldn't like being a Predators fan and having to watch it 41 times a year, which is why they need a blue third jersey.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I don't think the Predators yellow jersey vs. a white jersey looks weird. I actually think it's unique and often looks pretty good.

129184742_display_image.jpg?1331096459

That being said, I probably wouldn't like being a Predators fan and having to watch it 41 times a year, which is why they need a blue third jersey.

The LA Lakers wear their yellow uniforms for all home games except on Sundays. Yellow is the only colour in team sports that should be classified as the same as white, with baseball and football being the exceptions. Both colours are the lightest. I agree, yellow vs white does look unique, but yellow should be worn primarily on the road because white is also worn on the road. I was at a Whitecaps MLS game vs the Columbus Crew last season. The 'Caps wore their primary whites while the Crew wore their yellow uniforms. Two opposing teams wearing light just didn't look great.

I miss the days when white and yellow were both the home colours. It was cool to see colour vs yellow. Ie. Minnesota North Stars green vs LA Kings gold, Calgary Flames red vs Canucks yellow.

You're all nuts. Those Preds jerseys are great.

For all the lip service you guys give to wanting new ideas in sports uniforms, none of you like it when it's actually done. "I want something new?as long as it means using what they wore when I was nine."

They're awesome. End of story.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yellow contrasts vs white very nicely. Vintage white not so much.

Seriously though are you guys watching on a black and white Philco? This argument just doesn't make sense to me.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just so you guys know, here is the updated rule regarding uniform colors:

Each member Club shall design and wear distinctive and contrasting uniforms for their home and road games, no parts of which shall be interchangeable except the pants.

With this rule update, Nashville could technically wear their yellows against the Blackhawks red, for example.

Just so you guys know, here is the updated rule regarding uniform colors:

Each member Club shall design and wear distinctive and contrasting uniforms for their home and road games, no parts of which shall be interchangeable except the pants.

With this rule update, Nashville could technically wear their yellows against the Blackhawks red, for example.

Now that'd be a great looking game.

untitled-6.jpg

For all the lip service you guys give to wanting new ideas in sports uniforms, none of you like it when it's actually done. "I want something new?as long as it means using what they wore when I was nine."

+all the 1s

spacer.png

As usual, Lee. nails it

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

^Thank God they didn't go with that. The last thing the league needs is another Columbus/Florida/TB. Now all they need to do is fix the shoulder patch and piping issues...

The guitar pick shoulder patch ties in to the community nicely, i hope the keep it

An improvement? Yes. Awesome? No.

The only new idea being presented here is the use of yellow at home. Take that away and your left with another uninspired template jersey based off a design that was never popular in the first place.

Unlike the Blues, however, the Preds have really made that template their own. If the Blues would smarten up and Edge-ify their pre-Edge look then Nashville could own that template.

I like the concept of a yellow sweater, but they really half-a**ed it. They should have gone yellow on the road and navy at home. A NHL uniform set without a white sweater? That would have truly been unique.

The only thing that really bugs me about their set are the guitar string numbers. It's just to much.

Unlike the Blues, however, the Preds have really made that template their own. If the Blues would smarten up and Edge-ify their pre-Edge look then Nashville could own that template.

I like the concept of a yellow sweater, but they really half-a**ed it. They should have gone yellow on the road and navy at home. A NHL uniform set without a white sweater? That would have truly been unique.

The only thing that really bugs me about their set are the guitar string numbers. It's just to much.

That's what I had said. Plus, the Preds need a matching yellow helmet. The last non-white uniform set belonged to the Canucks and the Kings in the 80's. When white was the home colour, I always felt that home yellow was unique and distinctive. Now, think how unique it would be to see it on the road. Colour vs yellow. Imagine Nashville @ Detroit for example - away yellow vs home red.

Archived