NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to try and get back on topic:

Any chance the Avs remove those horrendous apron-Edge vertical stripes from the front of their jerseys? IIRC, they and St Louis are the only teams that still sport them.

And Nashville

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Things to glean from this:

- Sabres/Oilers dropping their thirds (which I'm sure we already knew)

- Tampa dropping their third (which I think we already knew) and replacing it (IBD).

- Islanders dropping their 3rd (THANK GOD) for TBD? But I thought there was a rule in place that you couldn't change a new jersey for 3 years. So, I could see them dropping it, but I'm almost positive they can't replace it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That has the old Oilers home instead of the new one in it, not sure about it

That's only on the authentic list for whatever reason. If you scroll further down, it's not there.

Things to glean from this:

- Sabres/Oilers dropping their thirds (which I'm sure we already knew)

- Tampa dropping their third (which I think we already knew) and replacing it (IBD).

- Islanders dropping their 3rd (THANK GOD) for TBD? But I thought there was a rule in place that you couldn't change a new jersey for 3 years. So, I could see them dropping it, but I'm almost positive they can't replace it.

I dunno if they can do it with the rules in place, but can they just do a simple re-color to orange and be done with it? That would sell like hotcakes and look good.

The only thing is the Islanders have used a lot of the black jerseys in their marketing, so who knows if they'll actually be getting rid of them

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Is this anything important?

http://www.sportswor...NHL-jerseys.pdf

I hope that's not how the Rangers authentics are put together. What possible reason could there be for using a different fabric template for the home and road, making it so the angle of "RANGERS" is different on the two jerseys? It can't be the shoulder yoke because the alt has one that is just the same color of the jersey. No reason the white one can't be the same way, right?

I understand the rule is the team has to wear the jersey for a number of years.

Hence the Panthers using their blues they hated to get it over with.

As I'm saying this, how long long did the Sens third last? I don't think it was 3 years.

The Islanders won't be changing or getting rid of anything. Also, the colors aren't the problem. The piss poor attempt at a nice alternate by making it look like a :censored:ty college jersey is the problem.

I'm sad the Lightning are getting rid of the only semblance of creativity and a great look they had left. Bastards.

2ly2w09.jpg

I hope that's not how the Rangers authentics are put together. What possible reason could there be for using a different fabric template for the home and road, making it so the angle of "RANGERS" is different on the two jerseys? It can't be the shoulder yoke because the alt has one that is just the same color of the jersey. No reason the white one can't be the same way, right?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the way it's been ever since the Reebok Edge uniform system took hold...

Rangers42.png

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the way it's been ever since the Reebok Edge uniform system took hold...

Rangers42.png

Amazing how they haven't fixed this yet. I remember when the jerseys were officially unveiled, how angry fans were that the angle of the 'Rangers' script was different and how the letters were more compact.

Honestly, I've never noticed.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Rangers42.png

I'm not saying it's new. I just don't understand why.

Also, the picture you posted isn't as dramatic of an angle difference as it is in the .pdf that was linked to.

Edit: 01b15695.png

• 2 weeks later...

Larry Brooks of the New York Post on Twitter:

"News: Columbus to unveil 2013 All Star logo on Friday. Views: Probably won't be Rick Nash's silhouette."

I really don't get those. Are they for fans that are too ashamed to wear a real jersey? Feel they have to go stealth? It's silly, and yet, they must sell, because we keep seeing more of them

They're for the hockey fan (who thinks they have) "swag".

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

Archived