NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

These purple and gold jerseys are down right GORGEOUS. I still think the Kings Canucks season opener two years ago was the best looking match up in the past 10 years

It was eye candy! Especially with the retro colour goalie pads Quick wore...

I can haz sig?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd attribute that to two things: their road success in these playoffs, and the fact that white is more comfortable in the sunlight than black. (Although, that wouldn't explain Leno/Kimmel, but idk. Just a theory.)

Were they in studio? Studio lights are worse than the sun.

That's incorrect. Studios now use LED's and there is very little heat produced by LED's.

Is this a relatively new development? Because when I got put under studio lights in Burbank in 2008, I damn near melted.

It is. I know ESPN has been at least using LED's since about 2008 for their NASCAR at the track studio. So I figure that most places with money have started to convert.

I'd attribute that to two things: their road success in these playoffs, and the fact that white is more comfortable in the sunlight than black. (Although, that wouldn't explain Leno/Kimmel, but idk. Just a theory.)

Were they in studio? Studio lights are worse than the sun.

That's incorrect. Studios now use LED's and there is very little heat produced by LED's.

Is this a relatively new development? Because when I got put under studio lights in Burbank in 2008, I damn near melted.

It is. I know ESPN has been at least using LED's since about 2008 for their NASCAR at the track studio. So I figure that most places with money have started to convert.

It's a slow process. I wouldn't doubt it if that was true for some of their appearances, tv equipment is never something cheap enough to be updated frequently, but some places have certainly made the switch

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Wow, those look fantastic! I also love the serifed letter font for the names...

I can't stand the present Kings unis... the piping, the ugly logo, the number fonts... blecchhh. Making the home and road the same design (the road one, with hem stripes) would be a start to fixing them... I hate mismatched unis.

Then you must hate the Canadiens, Rangers, and Blackhawks uniforms too.

I suppose I should have said I dislike mismatching elements. LA's aways look so much better (thinner stripes and hem stripes) and are more balanced than the homes, so why not change up? Mismatched unis of 2 distinct designs can be very annoying, especially since when one is usually clearly better. Take Minnesota, for instance.

I don't dislike the Canadiens or Blackhawks designs, but I've noticed their mismatching elements in the past. There's different number fonts on the Habs; an easy fix. The torso stripes would look great on the white jersey, as we saw in a throwback a few years back.

Then there's a different striping scheme on the two Chicago unis. Not so easily changed, given the popularity of the designs, but I think the putting the same striping scheme that the away unis uses would easily work.

As for the Rangers, I preferred their stripes being uniform (uniform, get it?) which it was from about 1978 to 1997, when the dark design was altered to match the white's striping scheme. The shoulder yokes I've never cared for really either way, to be honest. And much like many others here, I feel the different size of the "RANGERS" wordmark on the front of the two unis since Edge came around looks awful and could be easily fixed.

So, any upcoming changes for the Avs? Will the "A" in front of their jerseys still stand for "Apron"? :mad:

I think the Av's apron jerseys are going to be around for some time. In spite of how awful they are, the front office seems completely unwilling to do anything about them. Same can be said for the Flames and Blues.

So, any upcoming changes for the Avs? Will the "A" in front of their jerseys still stand for "Apron"? :mad:

I think the Av's apron jerseys are going to be around for some time. In spite of how awful they are, the front office seems completely unwilling to do anything about them. Same can be said for the Flames and Blues.

My memory's a little fuzzy, but the Avs' Facebook page had a post a few weeks ago about the debut of the apron unis, and 80% of the comments were pretty negative. If anyone of importance reads the team's Facebook page, they definitely got plenty of "These jerseys suck!" reminders.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My memory's a little fuzzy, but the Avs' Facebook page had a post a few weeks ago about the debut of the apron unis, and 80% of the comments were pretty negative. If anyone of importance reads the team's Facebook page, they definitely got plenty of "These jerseys suck!" reminders.

https://www.facebook.com/coloradoavalanche/timeline/story?ut=32&wstart=1188630000&wend=1191221999&hash=10151200891932345&pagefilter=3&ustart=1

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

https://www.facebook.com/coloradoavalanche/timeline/story?ut=32&wstart=1188630000&wend=1191221999&hash=10151200891932345&pagefilter=3&ustart=1

This was my favorite comment out of all them:

The new jerseys suck. One of the reasons Bettman needs to be fired. Enough for my opinion of the NHL today

this has what to do with bettman again?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well considering everything said on the Islanders Facebook page about everything (ahem black jerseys, arena stuff, management stuff, state of the team), I don't think much is getting taken into consideration :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Good riddance. Whoever in the Panthers' management thought that their double-blue third jersey was a good idea deserves a good boot in the pants.

Yormark_Headshot.JPG

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BOOTS IN PANTS? HOW MANY TWITTER FOLLOWERS YOU GOT?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good riddance. Whoever in the Panthers' management thought that their double-blue third jersey was a good idea deserves a good boot in the pants.

I liked those jerseys. When I think of South Florida, I think of the beach. When I think of the beach I think of the Ocean. When I think of the Ocean I think of double blue and white.

Plus I loved that "Fla" logo with the rising sun. I know it looks like something you'd see stamped on the side of a crate of oranges but it just screams "Florida" to me.

The Catch of the Day!

This has been the most boring year ever on the jersey front. I don't think we'll be seeing a single new jersey this year.

Winter Classic

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I apologize if this was already mentioned, but I have it on good authority that the Panthers', Sabres' and Oilers' alts/thirds are gone.

I really like the Sabres' thirds, with the original blue/yellow colors and the "Pepsi" script... Sad to see them go.

The Oilers' thirds have no place with their new retro look; I guess they were just hoping to run out of inventory at the team store...

As for the Panthers'... one double-blue, out-of-team's-color-scheme less jersey is good news in my book.

The Oilers' thirds have no place with their new retro look; I guess they were just hoping to run out of inventory at the team store...

I sometimes wonder if a team keeps the old jersey around as an alt just so they don't piss off fans who own the older jersey - but maybe that would be too altruistic of a motive beyond just selling out the inventory of the old style.

Frankly after winning the Cup in their updated look I'm surprised the Kings aren't doing the same thing as the Oilers and dumping the black/purple/silver jersey that was their former primary. Also since they did win the Cup I don't think we'll see them tweak the black jersey to match the white jersey - which IMHO is a nicer look than the black one.

I liked those jerseys. When I think of South Florida, I think of the beach. When I think of the beach I think of the Ocean. When I think of the Ocean I think of double blue and white.

Plus I loved that "Fla" logo with the rising sun. I know it looks like something you'd see stamped on the side of a crate of oranges but it just screams "Florida" to me.

Yes, but they added a colour they have never worn before and the jersey was completely void of their secondary colour, red. Not to mention that it's your textbook example of a wannabe Original Six look.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived