NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

The Canadiens celebrated their centennial for like three years. The Maple Leafs will have to celebrate theirs for like eight or nine.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it just made me think of this regrettable tune:

From the Isle of Vancouver

To the Labrador Sea

One nation, glorious and free

Where I'm free to be me.

From the song of the Prairies

To the call of the pond

Heroes of times come and gone

Where the memories go on and on and on

Oh! Oh! Oh! This is Canada's song

Oh! Oh! Oh! Where my heart belongs

Free to be a dreamer

Free to be who you are

Free to believe in your star

Free to go far

Oh! Oh! Oh! That's Canada's dream (Go Leafs Go)

Oh! Oh! Oh! This is Canada's team (Go Leafs Go)

They are also Canada's most hated team(in Canada). Canucks are pretty hated in Boston, and Chicago right now...

To the Labrador Sea

Where I'm free to be me.

To the call of the pond

Free to be a dreamer

Free to be who you are

Free to go far

They are also Canada's most hated team(in Canada). Canucks are pretty hated in Boston, and Chicago right now...

No. Vancouver is Canada's most hated team. Hands down.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

To the Labrador Sea

Where I'm free to be me.

To the call of the pond

Free to be a dreamer

Free to be who you are

Free to go far

They're pretty high up on the hated list in the US too haha. Along with Boston. Nobody likes the Bruins outside of Massachusetts

Manchester-City-icon.png

I think the states of RI, NH, Northern CT, VT and Maine would disagree with your comment on the Bruins. Further, as an original six team, they have a following all over. When they come into Chicago, the UC has quite a few Bruins fans. Just like the Rangers, Leafs, and Canadians.

I don't really have anything against Boston (probably helps that Tim Thomas is one of my favorite players). I do hate Detroit and New Jersey, but the rest of the league I'm pretty cool with.

But anyways, I apologize if this was already addressed a ways back, but when can Winnipeg get a new 3rd?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I hate that Leafs centennial logo. It should be more like the Habs one which is much simpler and classier.

I don't think that's going to be their official logo. It's too radically different than their 75th anniversary season logo

5937.gif

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

To the Labrador Sea

Where I'm free to be me.

To the call of the pond

Free to be a dreamer

Free to be who you are

Free to go far

They're pretty high up on the hated list in the US too haha. Along with Boston. Nobody likes the Bruins outside of Massachusetts

To each their own, but Leaf fans are delirious if they think more people like the team than hate them. Yes they have a big fan base, but the Leaf "haters" far outnumber them. IF they were really "Canada's team" they would not get "Leafs suck" chants in 6 other Canadian cities. Hockey Canada is Canada's team.

To the Labrador Sea

Where I'm free to be me.

To the call of the pond

Free to be a dreamer

Free to be who you are

Free to go far

You mean New England.

spacer.png

What's funny is that they've decided to celebrate their 100th season on what will likely be the 50th anniversary of their last Stanley Cup.

I agree. They should totally celebrate it in 2019 or 2015. Much more logical.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think the states of RI, NH, Northern CT, VT and Maine would disagree with your comment on the Bruins. Further, as an original six team, they have a following all over. When they come into Chicago, the UC has quite a few Bruins fans. Just like the Rangers, Leafs, and Canadians.

Speaking of Conneceticut, what team would most locals root for, given their location between Boston and New York (not to mention the fact that they used to have a team that had rivalries with both)?

Similarly, what's the sports fandom like in regards to the other pro sports?

Speaking of Conneceticut, what team would most locals root for, given their location between Boston and New York (not to mention the fact that they used to have a team that had rivalries with both)?

Somebody in my house is from Connecticut. He lives pretty close to New York and is a Rangers fan. And not sure what the reasoning is for this, but he's also a Redskins fan.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Somebody in my house is from Connecticut. He lives pretty close to New York and is a Rangers fan. And not sure what the reasoning is for this, but he's also a Redskins fan.

Where I live in CT, there aren't that many hockey fans. Most are Rangers fans though, but my friend is a Toronto and San Jose fan and another is a Carolina fan, but it has nothing to do with the Whalers.

To the Labrador Sea

Where I'm free to be me.

To the call of the pond

Free to be a dreamer

Free to be who you are

Free to go far

You mean New England.

A lot of northern New England are Canadiens fans, as well.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

• 4 weeks later...

ColorWerx, is this just the lighting, or did the Kings use a different purple? (game worn jersey from 98-99)

q6ySM.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm not ColorWerx, but I think it's just bad lighting. I like that reddish purple better than the one they "have" now, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived