NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

Yes, but they added a colour they have never worn before and the jersey was completely void of their secondary colour, red. Not to mention that it's your textbook example of a wannabe Original Six look.

That distinction belongs to Tampa Bay

That being said, I am also happy to see the horrid things finally get mothballed. St Louis should follow suit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddance. Whoever in the Panthers' management thought that their double-blue third jersey was a good idea deserves a good boot in the pants.

I liked those jerseys. When I think of South Florida, I think of the beach. When I think of the beach I think of the Ocean. When I think of the Ocean I think of double blue and white.

Plus I loved that "Fla" logo with the rising sun. I know it looks like something you'd see stamped on the side of a crate of oranges but it just screams "Florida" to me.

Yes, but they added a colour they have never worn before and the jersey was completely void of their secondary colour, red. Not to mention that it's your textbook example of a wannabe Original Six look.

Florida's colours were unique to them as a franchise. To have a jersey w/o any of them was idiotic.

Good riddance. Whoever in the Panthers' management thought that their double-blue third jersey was a good idea deserves a good boot in the pants.

I liked those jerseys. When I think of South Florida, I think of the beach. When I think of the beach I think of the Ocean. When I think of the Ocean I think of double blue and white.

Plus I loved that "Fla" logo with the rising sun. I know it looks like something you'd see stamped on the side of a crate of oranges but it just screams "Florida" to me.

The color scheme might be beachy, but the jerseys themselves really didn't invoke anything related to Florida.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The color scheme might be beachy, but the jerseys themselves really didn't invoke anything related to Florida.

That jersey always strikes me being a failed 80's expansion team, it does scream Florida at me and I will purchase one once they go on clearence, but I agree with everyone else that it doesn't say Florida Panthers at all.

untitled-6.jpg

but the jerseys themselves really didn't invoke anything related to Florida.

Sure they did. Beachy colors and a logo you would see on a crate of Oranges.

9uvfye.jpg

All they needed was a hot chick in a bikini lying on a beach towel and you would have the ultimate Floridian jerseys in all of sports.

The Catch of the Day!

9uvfye.jpg

All they needed was a hot chick in a bikini lying on a beach towel and you would have the ultimate Floridian jerseys in all of sports.

Tampa_Bay_Rays_Jersey_2_B_J.jpg

Wait... wrong one?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

9uvfye.jpg

A 3" x 3" generic square patch makes it Floridian? Huh.

I think if they went with a teal color or some orange or yellow elsewhere in the uniform, it would have been far more Floridian.

So tempting to say...

The actual design isn't terrible, but it's nothing special. Not a fan of the inconsistent stroke width, though.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There was a video with the highlights of the franchise, and it's sort of a play to that. Here is the logo on white.

tumblr_m61987zHOe1qzw3v6o1_500.jpg

Is the "TH" at a different angle than the "LIGHTNING"? Seems like the TH is just slightly skewed/kerned.

There was a video with the highlights of the franchise, and it's sort of a play to that. Here is the logo on white.

tumblr_m61987zHOe1qzw3v6o1_500.jpg

The Lightning's 21st? The thin O around makes the bolt stick out and look like a 1

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Glad to see the Jets have a jersey/logo for Trouba, and not a practice jersey:

RTR341DO.jpg

Am I the only one thinking about how ugly and uninspired the draft caps are this year? Same grey panel and bill in the front, team colours in the back?

My choice for the ugliest:

p12685298p275w.jpg

p12685318p275w.jpg

p12685286p275w.jpg

The ones from last year are infinitely better.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The off-center logos bother me more than the fact that they're all the exact same design.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived