NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

yeah, considering it's the current logo with an alteration that most fans wouldn't even notice, i think it would go by pretty well.

it'll more drastic than that, or they wouldn't have even mentioned it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO St. Louis should go back to this shade of blue.

Blues07.png

They should just go back to this design period. Update the logo so it's the same shape as the current one, ditch the ugly yoke on the white and you have a winner

How about with these slight modifications?

*credit to nhluniforms.com

Blues.png

The St Louis Sabres?

To be fair, you could say that about either color combo.

IMO St. Louis should go back to this shade of blue.

Blues07.png

They should just go back to this design period. Update the logo so it's the same shape as the current one, ditch the ugly yoke on the white and you have a winner

How about with these slight modifications?

*credit to nhluniforms.com

Blues.png

The St Louis Sabres?

To be fair, you could say that about either color combo.

Actually I just applied the colors from the Blues current 3rd to their old jerseys.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

i mean the logo. not the wordmark.

the ST^RS logo. actually, every logo and mark.

This is worrying. Unless they plan on creating an identity that harkens back to the North Stars days, I don't see how a new logo could be an improvement. All the Stars need to do is put the current primary on a green jersey with relatively simple striping. Like the cup jerseys without the star outline.

Am I crazy to hope for a red versus blue matchup for the WC?

No, you're not. A color-vs-color matchup would look great. In fact, I wish there were more color-vs-color games in the NHL. The Blackhawks wearing their reds against the Rangers' blues would look so great.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Per Leafs blogger Howard Berger, the Leafs will don a "slightly tweaked" version of this for the Winter Classic:

RSCN8969.JPG

Nice jersey! My guesses on the "tweaks":

1. Vintage white

2. Collar laces (a Reebok standard anymore)

3. Some form of shoulder patch (the 11-point Leaf?)

and of course, the obligatory Winter Classic patch.

As great as color vs color would be, the league seems really hesitant to do it. Considering that Toronto is on the road, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a (vintage?) white version of that sweater.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Per Leafs blogger Howard Berger, the Leafs will don a "slightly tweaked" version of this for the Winter Classic:

RSCN8969.JPG

Nice jersey! My guesses on the "tweaks":

1. Vintage white

2. Collar laces (a Reebok standard anymore)

3. Some form of shoulder patch (the 11-point Leaf?)

and of course, the obligatory Winter Classic patch.

As great as color vs color would be, the league seems really hesitant to do it. Considering that Toronto is on the road, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a (vintage?) white version of that sweater.

That's really disappointing, since having two teams don their own non-white colors would be great, plus it's extremely difficult for viewers to confuse red with blue. I'd settle for a white versus home, but not with a team donning vintage white.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Could just be the lighting. I don't think the Leafs have ever worn navy.

Color-vs-color would be mildly ironic, as these are two teams who look their absolute best in white. I hope the Red Wings go with the DETROIT sweater they threw back to for the 75th season, maybe with the candy cane socks they wore for the 2009 Winter Classic. Frankly, I hope the game is even played at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Could just be the lighting. I don't think the Leafs have ever worn navy.

Color-vs-color would be mildly ironic, as these are two teams who look their absolute best in white. I hope the Red Wings go with the DETROIT sweater they threw back to for the 75th season, maybe with the candy cane socks they wore for the 2009 Winter Classic. Frankly, I hope the game is even played at all.

With the potential massive revenue and attention a game watched live by 100,000 spectators can give to the league (plus all the other side events) I doubt that the NHL would skip this game. There's always been the rumbling that if the lockout does happen, the WC may be the first game of a drastically shortened season.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

i mean the logo. not the wordmark.

the ST^RS logo. actually, every logo and mark.

This is worrying. Unless they plan on creating an identity that harkens back to the North Stars days, I don't see how a new logo could be an improvement. All the Stars need to do is put the current primary on a green jersey with relatively simple striping. Like the cup jerseys without the star outline.

Hopefully they don't take inspiration from the Cowboys. There's no talk of a color change correct?

Manchester-City-icon.png

With the potential massive revenue and attention a game watched live by 100,000 spectators can give to the league (plus all the other side events) I doubt that the NHL would skip this game.

Are you new to the NHL?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

With the potential massive revenue and attention a game watched live by 100,000 spectators can give to the league (plus all the other side events) I doubt that the NHL would skip this game.

Are you new to the NHL?

I just want to see the uniforms :cry:

Gotta stay positive.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Color vs Colour won't happen. I don't think the Red Wings have a red sweater in their history that's significantly different from what they wear currently. They'll probably go with the DETROIT throwbacks they wore for the league's 75th anniversary.

Anyway I'm most definitely worried that this game won't happen. Just the Leafs' luck for it not to.

TBD for a Lightning alternate. Here's to it being black.....or charcoal.

My prediction is a throwback to the original set. Next question is will it use the original number/letter kit or the one from the Stanley Cup era?

Archived