NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

I'm not a fan of Reebok's switch from the simple vector to a wordmark twice its size, but this has to be the worst usage I've ever seen of any apparel logo on any major league cap. No hyperbole: Having that "Reebok" front and (off)center is horrifying to me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of Reebok's switch from the simple vector to a wordmark twice its size, but this has to be the worst usage I've ever seen of any apparel logo on any major league cap. No hyperbole: Having that "Reebok" front and (off)center is horrifying to me.

The fact that the manufacturer logo is meant to be on par with the team logo is really bad.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

the dallas stars will be wearing a 20th season patch this year... which normally would make sense, except for the lost season. i'd have waited until 13-14 to wear it, but oh well.

There was a video with the highlights of the franchise, and it's sort of a play to that. Here is the logo on white.

tumblr_m61987zHOe1qzw3v6o1_500.jpg

The Lightning's 21st? The thin O around makes the bolt stick out and look like a 1

I probably shouldn't, but I love that 20th font.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

the dallas stars will be wearing a 20th season patch this year... which normally would make sense, except for the lost season. i'd have waited until 13-14 to wear it, but oh well.

Have you seen it?

I hope it gives a sign to the direction the team goes in when it redesigns it's jerseys

A 3" x 3" generic square patch makes it Floridian? Huh.

Nope. Its the rising sun and the "Fla" wordmark that makes it Floridian. Not the "generic square".

I could put PHX or LA in that logo and it'd still be appropriate. it's a really generic logo. A sun. Cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So much for Tampa Bay adding black trim and victory stripes to their jerseys this year. That's a real disappointment.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So much for Tampa Bay adding black trim and victory stripes to their jerseys this year. That's a real disappointment.

I was hoping for at least the victory stripes, that seemed an easy fix.

Maybe, considering the Sabres had to wear their anniversary jersey for two seasons, they aren't being allowed to change anything until next season. It seems silly, especially if the changes are subtle, but there might be contracts in the way

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

There was a video with the highlights of the franchise, and it's sort of a play to that. Here is the logo on white.

The Lightning's 21st? The thin O around makes the bolt stick out and look like a 1

Never heard of a slashed zero, have you?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Other than the fact that the Islanders and most Islanders fans wouldn't even have to cross the Brooklyn Bridge to get to this game (like it looks like the NY logo is doing), its fine. Typical generic "Brooklyn" logo with the bridge, but it serves it's purpose.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Never heard of a slashed zero, have you?

Never looked at it that way, but i looked from farther away and the circle kind of dissappears.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

105D_12_13_Brooklyn.JPG

Shouldn't there be a white cable visible on the top of the other side of the rear support thingy?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

105D_12_13_Brooklyn.JPG

Shouldn't there be a white cable visible on the top of the other side of the rear support thingy?

Very true.

It seems the Islanders have a logo for everthing. Keeping with the golfing logo tradition.

Golf%20Outing%20logo%2006.12.12.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

J6BJU.jpg

Forgot how good those Panthers jerseys looked. :wub:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

J6BJU.jpg

Forgot how good those Panthers jerseys looked. :wub:

The gem of that set:

preview_28_97676.jpg

Their new set isn't bad by any means, but a bit more yellow would be nice.

(Side note, but it jut struck me how much the top photo reminds me of the Thrashers' original jerseys).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived