NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

I wonder if the Kings will drop the purple "Legends Night" alts, or even the black and purple old primary ones. I don't see anything new coming in LA.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the Kings will drop the purple "Legends Night" alts, or even the black and purple old primary ones. I don't see anything new coming in LA.

I'd like to see the purple and yellow throwback as the alternate and the black and purple look retired for good.

I'd like to see the purple and yellow throwback as the alternate and the black and purple look retired for good.

I'd like that as well.

It's actually kind of a shame that Kings won the Cup in these current jerseys. Their two most successful seasons (2012 and 1993) have been in the silver and black. Because of that, I doubt we ever see purple return in any sort of prominent form. The best we can hope for, I think, is that the purple/gold throwbacks stick around as long as possible. The old home/current 3rd also looks weird with the current pants.

RIP Purple. A great lost sports color. The Kings and Rockies have tried to kill it, while the Lakers and Vikings are the lone warriors.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

RIP Purple. A great lost sports color. The Kings and Rockies have tried to kill it, while the Lakers and Vikings are the lone warriors.

Not if you read UniWatch

But yeah the current Kings set is really dull. I almost wish they'd won the cup in their first edge set... At least they had some colour.

Wasn't the crown at center ice still purple? I always thought that was odd. Other quirks that crossed eras: that Lakers-esque motion Kings font that reappeared on the helmets and the purple shading in the background of the LA scorebugs on NBC.

But yeah, those black and silvers are likely here to stay now. I prefer the standalone crown, but home plate it is.

Not if you read UniWatch

But yeah the current Kings set is really dull. I almost wish they'd won the cup in their first edge set... At least they had some colour.

The EDGE jerseys sucked. The custom font, the poor color distribution (all black at home, but purple/white on the road), lack of hem striping...

Besides the fact that black/silver/white is an excellent color scheme, their distribution is much better. The biggest problem with them winning the Cup this year is that it is probably unlikely now that they will fix the discrepancy between the hem on the home, compared to the far-superior road.

spacer.png

Wasn't the crown at center ice still purple? I always thought that was odd. Other quirks that crossed eras: that Lakers-esque motion Kings font that reappeared on the helmets and the purple shading in the background of the LA scorebugs on NBC.

But yeah, those black and silvers are likely here to stay now. I prefer the standalone crown, but home plate it is.

Nah, crown at center ice was still black and silver. And NBC/NHL Network still used the purple because technically the purple is still there in the alternate logos/uniforms and because silver/black just wouldn't work on their graphics. You either couldn't read the numbers on the silver or the black wouldn't be noticeable. That and the Laker-fonted Kings bugged me, but eh. Whatever. (The whole thing bugs me :P )

Not if you read UniWatch

The EDGE jerseys sucked. The custom font, the poor color distribution (all black at home, but purple/white on the road), lack of hem striping...

Besides the fact that black/silver/white is an excellent color scheme, their distribution is much better. The biggest problem with them winning the Cup this year is that it is probably unlikely now that they will fix the discrepancy between the hem on the home, compared to the far-superior road.

I'm equally disappointed with the black crest on black jerseys. What makes the road better for me is the hem stripe and the contrast between a white jersey and a dark logo. Even the Gretzky-era Chevy logo was at least silver and didn't magically vanish in either home/away.

Imagine if the Leafs or the Lightning jerseys were also blue on their jerseys?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The thing I find interesting, is that all the Kings appearances after the Cup, they are wearing the white road jerseys.

I'd attribute that to two things: their road success in these playoffs, and the fact that white is more comfortable in the sunlight than black. (Although, that wouldn't explain Leno/Kimmel, but idk. Just a theory.)

The thing I find interesting, is that all the Kings appearances after the Cup, they are wearing the white road jerseys.

I'd attribute that to two things: their road success in these playoffs, and the fact that white is more comfortable in the sunlight than black. (Although, that wouldn't explain Leno/Kimmel, but idk. Just a theory.)

The black jerseys are locked in with being associated with the Cup because they won it in those. Now they are trying to do the same with the white by having it used in all of the celebrations... positive memories. It's a theory.

Off topic, but it seems that all of the Cowboys charity work around Dallas is done in the navy (at least if all those commercials are to be believed), almost as if to let the locals see them in that set every once in a while.

Were they in studio? Studio lights are worse than the sun.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So would I and most of the long-time Kings fans I know here in Socal.

Those purple ones are so much a part of their history, and look simply superb!!

anze-kopitar.jpg

That's incorrect. Studios now use LED's and there is very little heat produced by LED's.

I'm equally disappointed with the black crest on black jerseys. What makes the road better for me is the hem stripe and the contrast between a white jersey and a dark logo. Even the Gretzky-era Chevy logo was at least silver and didn't magically vanish in either home/away.

Imagine if the Leafs or the Lightning jerseys were also blue on their jerseys?

This. A white version of the pencil point logo would look great on the black jersey.

So would I and most of the long-time Kings fans I know here in Socal.

Those purple ones are so much a part of their history, and look simply superb!!

anze-kopitar.jpg

Wow, those look fantastic! I also love the serifed letter font for the names...

I can't stand the present Kings unis... the piping, the ugly logo, the number fonts... blecchhh. Making the home and road the same design (the road one, with hem stripes) would be a start to fixing them... I hate mismatched unis.

Wow, those look fantastic! I also love the serifed letter font for the names...

I can't stand the present Kings unis... the piping, the ugly logo, the number fonts... blecchhh. Making the home and road the same design (the road one, with hem stripes) would be a start to fixing them... I hate mismatched unis.

Then you must hate the Canadiens, Rangers, and Blackhawks uniforms too.

That's incorrect. Studios now use LED's and there is very little heat produced by LED's.

Is this a relatively new development? Because when I got put under studio lights in Burbank in 2008, I damn near melted.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived