NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

In a perfect world the Sens switch the vintage white on the third to regular white, make it the home, make a matching white away and go full barberpole with their new alternate. While I'm pretty sure this won't happen quite yet I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually. The heritage jersey has been a big hit in Ottawa and while I don't mind some modern designs I think all Canadian teams should sport classic sweaters.

Habs: CHECK!

Add the Oilers and the Leafs (minus our ballard era Leaf, though it has been around for some time now anyways)

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be an absolute travesty if the Wild got rid of the current logo.

The problem with the Wild is every time they introduce anything the fans fall in love with it. We loved the original set. We loved the red alt (and the tweaked red primary). We love the green uniform almost devoid of red. So they'll keep on changing and we'll keep on buying.

I don't think the primary logo (the only thing that even begins to redeem the horrible choice of name) is ever going to away. They still sell it on t-shirts and stuff and I doubt they'll ever go with a script/wordmark primary. But geez, they sure are doing a good job of marginalizing it.

Please, just come back with something that resembles the original set. Be creative with a red alt if you'd like (circle logo, script, whatever), but get that logo front and center on the primaries!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

In a perfect world the Sens switch the vintage white on the third to regular white, make it the home, make a matching white away and go full barberpole with their new alternate. While I'm pretty sure this won't happen quite yet I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually. The heritage jersey has been a big hit in Ottawa and while I don't mind some modern designs I think all Canadian teams should sport classic sweaters.

Seconded. I would lose the laces on the collar as well.

thecatch.jpg

I think the Wild's logo is timeless. It's a modern classic. You can't say that about many logos that have been released after 1990. Probably just Minnesota and Colorado. Others will probably maintain the basis of the logo but will be tweaked, such as San Jose, Florida and Nashville.

I'm in full agreement. That logo has not aged a bit and it's a travesty that it's not featured on both primary uniforms. Shameless plug time.

morgowild.png

I would like to see something similar to this.

I don't know, I like it. Look at the historical logos of the QMJHL. That Nords n/igloo/hockey stick seems strangely representative of Quebec hockey aesthetics.

Old logos for the Laval Voisins and Shawinigan Cataractes are what came to my mind at first when I noticed that. Of course, those logos aren't around anymore. Canada in general seems to have had a thing for weird abstract geometric logos.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

What does this board think of the Blues third jerseys? How would you feel if they switched their road uniforms to a white version of it?

No way. Despite the Bettman stripes, their regular home jerseys are far superior. The alt is too dark and the Blues primary is too strong to be contained by the circular logo. Just my opinion though.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

What does this board think of the Blues third jerseys? How would you feel if they switched their road uniforms to a white version of it?

No way. Despite the Bettman stripes, their regular home jerseys are far superior. The alt is too dark and the Blues primary is too strong to be contained by the circular logo. Just my opinion though.

Ya when it first came out the way people were buying it up and the amount of stuff it was put on for marketing I thought for sure we would see a white one made for an away jersey. I am so hoping that this wil never happen.

IMO St. Louis should go back to this shade of blue.

Blues07.png

They should just go back to this design period. Update the logo so it's the same shape as the current one, ditch the ugly yoke on the white and you have a winner

IMO St. Louis should go back to this shade of blue.

Blues07.png

They should just go back to this design period. Update the logo so it's the same shape as the current one, ditch the ugly yoke on the white and you have a winner

How about with these slight modifications?

*credit to nhluniforms.com

Blues.png

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived