Utah State new logo

Ry

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a former Aggie myself, this is great news. I've always hated the current "U-State" logo, and feel that just about anything would be an improvement. I kind of liked what I was reading on the forums, about "STATE" across a "U". Hopefully the final design, if the rumors are true, at least separates itself somehow from other similar logos such as Iowa State and Mississippi State.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As a current Aggie, I'm cautiously excited. I don't know what Nike will produce, but I hope there's just the right mix of tradition and creativity, which Nike is capable of producing.

In the second thread, there are rumors that gray will be featured in the new football look (it already is on the basketball, to some extent) and both teams will both have gray alternates. The football team will have White, Aggie (read: Navy) Blue, and Gray helmets (no word on pants*).

I don't like any CFCS (Color for Color's sake), but here, it doesn't seem to be the case, as the football team, according to The Helmet Project, has worn some form of silver/gray as far back as the early 1980s.

It may be an unpopular opinion around here on the boards (not sure what others think of it), but I'd like to see someone (even Nike) try a modernized version of the "Horned USU" logo (on the left helmet), or, like Knnhrvy16 did in the Concepts section, a modernization of the logo on the mid-1960s helmet:**

Either way, I'm stoked that Utah State may be getting gray (could be an unpopular opinion around here), as Navy/White/Dark Gray is a surprisingly good color combo.

*If they went with only 2 colors for the pants, I'd be fine with it, as long as one of those colors is white; I can't imagine Utah State's football team without white pants.

**If I could find actual logos of these pictures, I would, but The Helmet Project is the only place on the Internet where I can get them.

EDIT: Removed pictures; I don't know why I can't post them. They're found at The Helmet Project-->WAC.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Either way, I'm stoked that Utah State may be getting gray (could be an unpopular opinion around here), as Navy/White/Dark Gray is a surprisingly good color combo.

I've been wanting them to add gray for a while now. I think they could definitely pull it off, and it would (as illwauk stated) help to separate them from BYU's navy and white (which frankly, it's sad they'd have to separate at all considering USU has ALWAYS been navy/white, and BYU has only been for a little more than a decade). As for the shade of grey, I'd dig a shade similar to the old Nets alternates. I think that paired with navy would look stellar.

Oh, and thanks for the shout-out to my concept, by the way! :P That reminds me, I need to get to updating that project soon. It's been set to the wayside a bit too long.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I've been wanting them to add gray for a while now. I think they could definitely pull it off, and it would (as illwauk stated) help to separate them from BYU's navy and white (which frankly, it's sad they'd have to separate at all considering USU has ALWAYS been navy/white, and BYU has only been for a little more than a decade). As for the shade of grey, I'd dig a shade similar to the old Nets alternates. I think that paired with navy would look stellar.

Oh, and thanks for the shout-out to my concept, by the way! :P That reminds me, I need to get to updating that project soon. It's been set to the wayside a bit too long.

As a Brewers fan, I HATE how so many teams that wore royal in the 80s are wearing navy now. As much as I love BYU's current look compared to what they had immediately before it, their glory years were in royal and I think that's the look that most college football fans (casual and diehard) free-associate with the Cougars.

I also couldn't agree more with what you said about the Nets grey alts... those were gorgeous and ridiculously underrated.

b1d51a23a58462bb62fd609d99359a6c.jpg

I think Utah State would look good in grey. Especially since BYU jumped on the Royal-to-Navy bandwagon.

Yep. Now, if BYU even considers gray (or grey, take your pick), I'm going to lose my freakin mind!

Not to derail the topic, but is there a petition somewhere to return BYU to royal?

Anyways, I'll try to dig some stuff up on what the shade of gray Utah State is looking to wear, as well as any other info about the new logo and jerseys, I'm here, after all. :)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

I think Utah State would look good in grey. Especially since BYU jumped on the Royal-to-Navy bandwagon.

Not to derail the topic, but is there a petition somewhere to return BYU to royal?

Don't look at me... I'm a third gen Cougar who prefers a darker shade of blue, at least compared to the almost electric shade of blue Nike used for BYU. Compare:

334cbaaf-1186-5032-90aa-14fdb9cb6558.image.jpg

steve-young-1.jpgtys-prize-2.jpg

I've always thought the current color of blue on the football uniforms was a little too dark and unsaturated:

6004214.jpg

I wouldn't mind BYU switching to the same shade as the Giants--

14giants_slide6.jpg

[Just remember, you derailed this topic, I only contributed to the derailment...]

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Don't look at me... I'm a third gen Cougar who prefers a darker shade of blue, at least compared to the almost electric shade of blue Nike used for BYU. Compare:

334cbaaf-1186-5032-90aa-14fdb9cb6558.image.jpg

steve-young-1.jpgtys-prize-2.jpg

I've always thought the current color of blue on the football uniforms was a little too dark and unsaturated:

6004214.jpg

I wouldn't mind BYU switching to the same shade as the Giants--

14giants_slide6.jpg

[Just remember, you derailed this topic, I only contributed to the derailment...]

Fair enough. ;) That said, I the Cougars going to the mid-point blue isn't a bad idea at all. It's different enough from Utah State's blue and similar enough to their original royal blue that it would work.

Back to Utah State: If anything helps concerning Utah State, there's a few school-colored things and merchandise in the on-campus bookstore that use a darker shade of gray. I'm awaiting a response from someone in the Athletics department for any kind of confirmation on the gray.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

I've seen the new logo and football uniforms and I really like them. I wasn't a huge fan at first but they've grown on me. The logo is a U that is very similar to the one that is used right now but it's symmetrical. It has STATE written across in block letters that are arched along the bottom but flat at the top. The T and E are connected. I've seen versions with and without a border around STATE and believe that both versions will be used.

As far as the football uniforms go, there are now 2 helmet colors (white and blue), 2 top colors (white and blue) and 3 pant colors (white, blue, and gray). The jerseys are pretty a pretty basic design not much different than what is used right now. Just a new typeface and the pants incorporate a small bull logo into them. There will also be a gradient in the numbers on the jerseys. I'm excited to see them actually show them off come April 28th.

I've seen the new logo and football uniforms and I really like them. I wasn't a huge fan at first but they've grown on me. The logo is a U that is very similar to the one that is used right now but it's symmetrical. It has STATE written across in block letters that are arched along the bottom but flat at the top. The T and E are connected. I've seen versions with and without a border around STATE and believe that both versions will be used.

As far as the football uniforms go, there are now 2 helmet colors (white and blue), 2 top colors (white and blue) and 3 pant colors (white, blue, and gray). The jerseys are pretty a pretty basic design not much different than what is used right now. Just a new typeface and the pants incorporate a small bull logo into them. There will also be a gradient in the numbers on the jerseys. I'm excited to see them actually show them off come April 28th.

All right then...I have a few questions, then. What shade of gray are the pants? What font will be used? Anything new (besides the blue and the logo) for the helmets?

I'm not so sure about this new look (still hoping for a gray helmet), but I'll reserve any judgement until they--and the logo--see the field.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

All right then...I have a few questions, then. What shade of gray are the pants? What font will be used? Anything new (besides the blue and the logo) for the helmets?

I'm not so sure about this new look (still hoping for a gray helmet), but I'll reserve any judgement until they--and the logo--see the field.

The gray is fairly light. It doesn't jump out a ton but it's noticable. A bit lighter than the gray used by the Dallas Cowboys. The font used for the school name and for State across the U is Bourgeois Ultra http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/virusfonts/bourgeois/ultra/

I'm not sure what font is used on the numbers but I don't believe that it is the same.

Wow, uni watch just linked this thread today.

Sorry, just reporting.

Carry on.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Didn't Utah State already redesign their logo a number of years ago?

Seems to me Ben Barnes (from these boards) designed some logos for them a few years back.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived