Pinstripes

RuffDawg

Alexander Julian...you visionary, you.

I have to question the sanity of any designer who's "vision" included pleated shorts.

Pleats have no business on shorts period, let alone athletic shorts.

Well they're there now...and have been for pretty much the past 20+ years.

Deal with it, Curmudgeon?. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Alexander Julian...you visionary, you.

I have to question the sanity of any designer who's "vision" included pleated shorts.

Pleats have no business on shorts period, let alone athletic shorts.

Well they're there now...and have been for pretty much the past 20+ years.

Deal with it, Curmudgeon?. :P

What do you mean - the pleats? I'm pretty sure those didn't last past the first few years, certainly not past the first re-design when they moved to NO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The best pinstripe jersey I've ever seen in the NBA...

2mfvbvr35etmph7g34eveeh5o.gif

God, I love those.

Michael%20Jordan%20Wallpaper%20(1).jpg

Agreed. This is the 1st alternate uniform I ever liked.

I'll fourth that. I love those, too. The fact that they wore them during the 72-10 season is even better. Jordan's jersey has been too expensive for years and I already have all but his rookie white in Champion replica, but I did get a Ben Gordon swingman that I will just have to "fake" as a Kukoc if I ever get around to displaying them all. (I'm long past wearing basketball jerseys.)

And can we agree that the Hornets had pinstripes now that the style guide says so? :) I'm kidding. Even I forgot that they were pairs of thinner stripes when I referenced them.

There's a difference between a pinstripe and a pinstriped uniform. The Hornets may have had "pairs of pinstripes", or a pinstripe pattern (though despite what the guide says, they still seem too thick to me), but it wasn't a pinstriped uniform.

I think that while better suited for baseball uniform cuts due to the sleeves (and fatter players), pinstripes can and have worked on basketball uniforms. The Old Navy Pacers was a good example (though like everyone else I preferred the FloJo Pacers better). I disagree about the Bulls looking good though, since the red strips appeared very dark due to the base black color it made the numbers and wordmark appear to be a different color (like maroon strips with red numbers.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The best pinstripe jersey I've ever seen in the NBA...

2mfvbvr35etmph7g34eveeh5o.gif

Probably one of the better attempts to utilize pin stripes on a basketball uni but I still say that I've yet to see a basketball uni that truly warrants using pin stripes. This Bulls alt still looks better WITHOUT the p-stripes in my opinion.

There's a difference between a pinstripe and a pinstriped uniform. The Hornets may have had "pairs of pinstripes", or a pinstripe pattern (though despite what the guide says, they still seem too thick to me), but it wasn't a pinstriped uniform.

I think that while better suited for baseball uniform cuts due to the sleeves (and fatter players), pinstripes can and have worked on basketball uniforms. The Old Navy Pacers was a good example (though like everyone else I preferred the FloJo Pacers better). I disagree about the Bulls looking good though, since the red strips appeared very dark due to the base black color it made the numbers and wordmark appear to be a different color (like maroon strips with red numbers.)

I disagree with the FloJo look, I for one hated that look and preferred the pinstripe look as it was a nice and classy look as opposed to the garish FloJo or current ABA look.

I should have said "just about everyone". The pinstripe look was nice (especially the underused yellow alts) and I can see liking it more than the FloJo. It's just that IMO had they become a little bit better and stuck to it, that look could have become (here it comes... ) "iconic".

Even though it was a mixed metaphor between racetrack and running track, the FloJo uniforms did a better job connoting the speed and motion of the name and logo. The pinstripes were trying to be Olde Tyme despite the fact that nobody had really thought to put pinstripes on basketball uniforms until Charlotte and Orlando. I guess that was a mixed-metaphor design, too, making neo-classical basketball uniforms by stealing from classic baseball design.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Man as a kid I loved the Charlotte Hornets (mostly due to Muggsy Bogues) but I had no idea the striping was so intricate. Guess I missed that as a young lad haha. If I recall the Magic had a pretty cool black jersey with pinstripes as well.

Apparently the pinstripes made those Bulls unis very uncomfortable to wear, which is why they were removed from the alts...

How?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived