Pittsburgh Ironmen

Ndfreek12

So for my first basketball concept, I wanted to do something traditional. Pittsburgh being known for a sports town does not have a basketball team. Even though Pittsburgh is a Steelers/Penguins town, I believe a basketball team could thrive there. The Burgh had a basketball team - the Ironmen during the early years of the NBA, More on that here.... SO I present to you my Pittsburgh Ironmen!

ironmen.jpg

Courth.jpg

Pittjerseys.jpg

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

Although this is pretty roughly executed, the ideas are nice. I think that the primary logo would look really good if you smoothed out the edges and made the outlines more consistent. I would definetly choose a different font for the jerseys and court. Oh, and I don't like how the jerseys say men, so I would fix that.

spacer.png

The logos look pretty clip-art-esque, but if you're just starting out and that's all you've got, I can like with that.

But yeah, "Burgh" and "Men" on the jerseys just don't work at all. And don't be afraid to use other fonts than just the ones that came installed on your computer. Finding a narrower font may be part of the solution to this problem.

I don't think the logo on the back of the shorts is necessary. And I know you were going for traditional, but pretty much one color with contrasting cuffs and waistbands is just plain boring. You can be a little more creative while maintaining a traditional feel.

"Men"? "Burgh"? Seriously? Why not just put "Ironmen"? And why can't you put "Pittsburgh" on the roads? Neither are long words at all, and as you have them, the uniforms give no identity. You can't get more generic than "Men".

Yeah, that MEN jersey made me laugh.

Why not just do all the way and go BURGH-MEN on the alternate?

I like the court concept and logo though, but those uniforms need a lot of work. There look like a low-budget high school set.

87Redskins.png

i have an idea: go with proper names on the home and road. have two alts: one with "men" and the other with "Pitt".this will balance the jerseys and Burgh sounds weird.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

No jersey should ever just say "Men". At least "Burgh", especially with the h on the end, is identifiable as Pittsburgh, though it's more commonly shortened to Pitt. But "Men" is completely generic and lacks any creativity or identification as to who the team is if someone would only see that jersey.

At least "Burgh", especially with the h on the end, is identifiable as Pittsburgh, though it's more commonly shortened to Pitt.

I've always heard "the Burgh" more than "Pitt" when referring to the city. Pitt is the school.

However, I agree in that putting PITT on the jerseys would be OK in that it would be in the same vein as "PHILA" on the 6ers jerseys or "MPLS." on those of the Lakers.

Archived