PuckDrawn NHL redesign contest

dgnmrwrw

PuckDrawn Contest  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vancouver Spirits hands down is my favorite and fits with what they have now. Only a couple minor tweaks Id like to see. Punch the green up a little, make it more vibrant and a bit different tone. Second I would make the Home Jersey the dark blue color. Just things i would like to see changed. These were all fantastic though, a tough choice.

If I may throw in my two cents regarding the Spirits' home uniform, the pale green is actually what I like most about the uniform. It's a beautiful color, and in a league that features a few navy jerseys already, it would help the identity as a whole further stand out if the green remained. Not trying to complicate things at all, I just wanted to share my thoughts in defense of the green.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It's just the shade of green that turns me off, it's 1970s Hospital Waiting-Room Green. Sorry, but it is. It works great as an accent, just not so much for the body.

rATMcmK.png

They are all so good! The lower jaw on the Cougars seems a little big, but as usual, I love the style of these.

The Spirits is so unique and clever. Probably one of the most clever logos I've ever seen, mixing different elements into one clean design. I also really like the Herons primary logo and colors. I would say choose one of those two.

Thanks for everyone for the votes and comments. It's clearly going to be the Spirits. I'm working on a few tweaks (mostly color based), and then I'll submit it.

Good choice d.

Your primary and secondary are both beautiful logos.

I agree with Whittier on tweakin' the green though.

Good luck.

I've tweaked the colors for Vancouver. I darkened the green and made it more saturated, while slightly lightening the gray to maintain a good contrast.

In the end I kept the green jersey for a few reasons: First, I like the look and it seems like a more unique color than having another navy team. And second, making the jersey navy would force me to use an outline on the logo. When I tried it, there were just way too many ins and outs in the logo, creating a very jagged outline with some odd negative spaces. And without making the outline pretty darn thick, there still didn't seem to be enough contrast between the jersey and the logo.

So here it is. I've still got to write something, but thanks to everyone for the help!

vancouver_spirits-1.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'd call that a win, but might I suggest somewhat thicker stripes, and possibly coloured sleeve cuffs? It feels like there's just an overkill of green and not quite enough navy, but the colour balance seems to be the only potential shortcoming.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

...might I suggest somewhat thicker stripes, and possibly coloured sleeve cuffs? It feels like there's just an overkill of green and not quite enough navy, but the colour balance seems to be the only potential shortcoming.

I went back and tried this, as you (and a few others) suggested. And I agree that it's an improvement. So here's the final submission--including the pitch--that I just submitted.

vancouver_spirits-2.png

Thanks again! everybody. And look forward to a buttload of conceptual work from me coming up soon. Like I said, I've been slowly accumulating and hoarding stuff, but I'm almost ready to post a lot of it.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Fantastic final product. I'm very much looking forward to your upcoming work (as I always am).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived