Packers Reject Nike Technology

kpbl_design

in addition to the release of every wide receiver on the roster due to a misunderstanding regarding the forward pass rule.

Well done, but this line is ironic considering that the Packers were the first team to really utilize a wide receiver.

Not to mention Curly Lambeau is widely regarded as the first NFL coach to truly embrace the forward pass and make it a central part of his offense.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I don't see how what GB/PHI/OAK/ATL/???(team five) are doing is any different than the Yankees decided to not wear COOLBASE. Sometimes teams just like to stick with what they have.

2. Major college programs like Texas, Alabama, & Penn State have all avoided any of the "innovative" shenanigans that Nike has tried. They still "look" like they wear traditional-style jerseys (what Reebok supplied), even though the actual materials used are Nike's upgraded materials.

3. Believe it or not, most of these companies' special materials are pretty damn similar. Nike was outfitting college baseball teams in a material nearly identical to Majestic COOLBASE a year before Majestic unveiled it in MLB.

Carolina

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I talked to Jermichael Finley about this yesterday and he said he wants the Packers to look more like the Seahawks. I have a feeling he won't be getting his wish.

Perhaps someone should point out to Jermichael that the Packers won the Super Bowl without him, and have not won one with him.

Packers-2.png

The Packers uniforms have had a few changes over the past 50 some years. I'd like to see a return of the striped socks they wore in the 60s. They look so great on the Bears.

I also remember the sleeves having Gs on the side in the 80s and early 90s, Majikowski era, I always thought that was pretty cool. Although it probably wouldn't work with todays sleeveless, tighter jersey cut.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing the striped collar go away completely. If it was just all green like the rest of the uniform similar to the 60s uniforms that would be awesome.

The G sleeves are too Forrest Gregg. I think Lindy Infante got rid of them; I know they were gone by the time Mike Holmgren got there.

I believe the road look doesn't have enough green in it, so I'd be fine with what I would not consider to be an enormous change:

packers-road.png

Packers-2.png

The Packers uniforms have had a few changes over the past 50 some years. I'd like to see a return of the striped socks they wore in the 60s. They look so great on the Bears.

I also remember the sleeves having Gs on the side in the 80s and early 90s, Majikowski era, I always thought that was pretty cool. Although it probably wouldn't work with todays sleeveless, tighter jersey cut.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing the striped collar go away completely. If it was just all green like the rest of the uniform similar to the 60s uniforms that would be awesome.

The G sleeves are too Forrest Gregg. I think Lindy Infante got rid of them; I know they were gone by the time Mike Holmgren got there.

I believe the road look doesn't have enough green in it, so I'd be fine with what I would not consider to be an enormous change:

packers-road.png

Not with all green socks, please.

Honestly, I could see green pants working for the Packers as long as the striping was consistent with what they have on the sleeves of their green jerseys. It could be a look they use for indoor games, since that's the only time I ever really notice the abundance of yellow (probably due to the lack of dirt).

I talked to Jermichael Finley about this yesterday and he said he wants the Packers to look more like the Seahawks. I have a feeling he won't be getting his wish.

Perhaps someone should point out to Jermichael that the Packers won the Super Bowl without him, and have not won one with him.

...and that the Packers would've been 16-0 if he knew how to f***ing catch :cursing:

Honestly, I could see green pants working for the Packers as long as the striping was consistent with what they have on the sleeves of their green jerseys. It could be a look they use for indoor games, since that's the only time I ever really notice the abundance of yellow (probably due to the lack of dirt).

...and that the Packers would've been 16-0 if he knew how to f***ing catch :cursing:

...and still would have been the #1 seed. And still would have lost to the Giants in the playoffs.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived