Packers Reject Nike Technology

kpbl_design

I don't care that Nike makes pretty gloves. Cutters are by far the best. I've worn every name brand when I play football. Almost all the other guys I play w/ wear cutters now too. Nike sells more because everybody recognizes the name.

LOL. Sorry, but that one is funny. The players that are under Nike contract will be wearing the pretty Packers Nike gloves in 2012. I'm glad their traditional collar will stay the way it is. A half Packers collar just seems wrong. Good job, GB.

2012-01-13T201450Z_1_BTRE80C1K8T00_RTROPTP_3_SPORTS-US-NFL-PACKERS_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

You can wear other gloves like cutters, they just can't have the word cutters on it, it just has the shield. I know Boldin wears them. I think Ray Rice too along w/ others. They have the oval on the back of the hand.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly the Packers rejecting Nike will translate into titles.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh believe me, I would have been perfectly fine with everything staying the same and not having Nike take over. They can have college football, that's fine, but if they would have left the NFL alone so be it. I'm definitely not on Nike's side for the whole thing and I know it's a PR/Marketing move. Just saying that uniforms evolve over time, and I think this is the beginning of a time when they will drastically be changing, and the Pack can't hold out forever.

Personally, I'm very happy that the Chiefs decided not to go with the flywire collar, and the changes they did make improved the uniform as a whole, even if they were minor. So for that, I have Nike to thank. But other than that, I have no desire for them to drastically change anything about any team's uniforms, whether it be the Chiefs, Bears, Packers, etc. It really is inevitable though that at some point, the Packers will change the uniform "technology" and go against their traditionalist beliefs.

It's pretty sad that in 2012, nike can't come up w/ "technology" that doesn't involve a sweat gut box on unis.

I'm guessing the ones that think we need to change are under 30.

It has less to do with age and more to do with your opinion of Nike, which is largely informing most of the opinions on both sides. People who like Nike want teams to fall in line, and those that don't think the Packers are sticking it to the man. Both are ridiculous. I'm 21 and woefully apathetic. If the Packers went with speed machines (sans the flywire) I would not give a :censored:, just like I don't give a :censored: that they decided to continue wearing the same jerseys without the mesh inserts.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I'm sure the Boys from Beaverton rolled up into the Packers' head offices, sat across from the Packer Brass, laid out all their samples, and went "look at all this kewl technology we have for you guys!!"

Then someone from the Packers turned around, pointed at their trophy case, and went "look at all these kewl TROPHIES we won without your kewl technology!"

At which point, the Boys from Beaverton got pissed, got up, and left.

As well it should be. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh believe me, I would have been perfectly fine with everything staying the same and not having Nike take over. They can have college football, that's fine, but if they would have left the NFL alone so be it. I'm definitely not on Nike's side for the whole thing and I know it's a PR/Marketing move. Just saying that uniforms evolve over time, and I think this is the beginning of a time when they will drastically be changing, and the Pack can't hold out forever.

Personally, I'm very happy that the Chiefs decided not to go with the flywire collar, and the changes they did make improved the uniform as a whole, even if they were minor. So for that, I have Nike to thank. But other than that, I have no desire for them to drastically change anything about any team's uniforms, whether it be the Chiefs, Bears, Packers, etc. It really is inevitable though that at some point, the Packers will change the uniform "technology" and go against their traditionalist beliefs.

It's pretty sad that in 2012, nike can't come up w/ "technology" that doesn't involve a sweat gut box on unis.

I'm with you on that. I think that part of the uniform is hideous, and being the advanced company they are, you would think they could come up with something that wasn't so horribly ugly.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I'm sure the Boys from Beaverton rolled up into the Packers' head offices, sat across from the Packer Brass, laid out all their samples, and went "look at all this KEWL technology we have for you guys!!"

Then someone from the Packers turned around, pointed at their trophy case, and went "look at all these TROPHIES we won without your kewl technology!"

At which point, the Boys from Beaverton got pissed, got up, and left.

As well it should be. :P

My name is Kris Bazen, and I approve this message.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

I'm guessing the ones that think we need to change are under 30.

It has less to do with age and more to do with your opinion of Nike, which is largely informing most of the opinions on both sides. People who like Nike want teams to fall in line, and those that don't think the Packers are sticking it to the man. Both are ridiculous. I'm 21 and woefully apathetic. If the Packers went with speed machines (sans the flywire) I would not give a :censored:, just like I don't give a :censored: that they decided to continue wearing the same jerseys without the mesh inserts.

Nike didn't used to suck until the went all pro combat on us. I had no problem w/ them in the 80s, 90s early 00s. Then they got full of themselves and went nuts.

I'm not against changing things. I like the newer Eagles wing, Falcon, Seahawk, Panther, Dolphin logos. Jersey wise I like the look of almost every team in the 80s over now. Like I said in one of my 1st posts. I probably feel this way because I started watching football during the 1983 playoffs. I like what I grew up on.

NEWSFLASH -- Packers refuse to acknowledge any technology developed after World War II. Will play 2012 NFL season with leather helmets and long sleeve sweaters; in addition to the release of every wide receiver on the roster due to a misunderstanding regarding the forward pass rule.

Come on people. It's not like Nike was going to dress them up like the Jetsons. They offered their template and materials, and the Packers preferred to use what they were using before. To champion them for anything other than being content with what they had is pure imagination.

NEWSFLASH -- Packers refuse to acknowledge any technology developed after World War II. Will play 2012 NFL season with leather helmets and long sleeve sweaters; in addition to the release of every wide receiver on the roster due to a misunderstanding regarding the forward pass rule.

Come on people. It's not like Nike was going to dress them up like the Jetsons. They offered their template and materials, and the Packers preferred to use what they were using before. To champion them for anything other than being content with what they had is pure imagination.

If Nike could dress them up like the Jetsons, they probably would... The NFL is very strong in their stance as far as brand image protection is concerned, so I can pretty much guarantee a lot of ideas were shot down before they could barely get off the ground.

I think it is commendable when teams refuse to buy into the marketing hoopla, because I believe that's what a lot of this whole shebang's about. Do you really think fans care that much about garment technology to justify paying $125 for a replica? Is it really worth all that, even after taking royalties, store markups, etc. into consideration?

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Sooner or later, they're going to have to change the technology and get in line with the rest of the league. It might not be within the next few years, but it's going to happen.

The emperor's new wardrobe was sold under similar "cutting edge technology" logic.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I am a diehard packer fan and have been my whole life (i'm 19). I am so proud of the Pack on this, especially with the collar. That collar they have is awesome. Now, while I'm proud, I'm also surprised on some stuff. Like the pants. They look the exact same they are just lighter with the mesh on the side and from what I hear way more comfortable. Especially with the players complaining last year how the current pants were not comfortable at all. Surprised on that front. Also a little surprised that they didn't do the same thing as NE where they shot down the Elite 51's with the Flywire collar but got a better template. So all in all I'm proud they kept the great look, yet surprised they didn't capitalize on the new little things like the pants.

Sooner or later, they're going to have to change the technology and get in line with the rest of the league. It might not be within the next few years, but it's going to happen.

The emperor's new wardrobe was sold under similar "cutting edge technology" logic.

dammit, Rams. You beat me to it.

If Nike could really support its creative claims, I have no doubt that the Packers would adopt the technology. But in te absence of such a compelling reason, they were wise to say "We won't be your marketing dress forms."

I talked to Jermichael Finley about this yesterday and he said he wants the Packers to look more like the Seahawks. I have a feeling he won't be getting his wish.

Oh God, the college student mentality is growing up. As much as I hate the Packers, their look is one that should never be changed in any significant way.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I talked to Jermichael Finley about this yesterday and he said he wants the Packers to look more like the Seahawks. I have a feeling he won't be getting his wish.

If he keeps dropping the ball, we'll ship him to the Seahawks like we did w/ some of our other players.

If Nike could dress them up like the Jetsons, they probably would... The NFL is very strong in their stance as far as brand image protection is concerned, so I can pretty much guarantee a lot of ideas were shot down before they could barely get off the ground.

I think it is commendable when teams refuse to buy into the marketing hoopla, because I believe that's what a lot of this whole shebang's about. Do you really think fans care that much about garment technology to justify paying $125 for a replica? Is it really worth all that, even after taking royalties, store markups, etc. into consideration?

Will the fans really care if they look nearly the exact same? I don't know, but from my past experiences with Packer fans, they'll take it as a reason to beat their chests when really it's just a preference.

See the Canadians using wool sweaters into the 80s because that was their preference.

Archived