Packers Reject Nike Technology

kpbl_design

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand refusing to change the design, but why not the technology of it all? If it actually improves player performance like Nike claims, why pass it up?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Check this article out... don't know if it's been posted in a previous thread...

Packers Reject Nike Technology

+1. If we did change to all that nike pro combat :censored:, I might have had to make a trip up to Green Bay for the shareholders meeting to b*tch and moan.

So if we don't suck next year, then this will prove that pro combat nfl isn't worth selling your soul for.

I can understand refusing to change the design, but why not the technology of it all? If it actually improves player performance like Nike claims, why pass it up?

Because they figure they can still win w/o having the sweat gut & pit look. Which is part of their technology.

Because they figure they can still win w/o having the sweat gut & pit look. Which is part of their technology.

But that's not the only part of the uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

what would you like us to change?

First off, this proves once and for all that the teams are telling Nike what to do, not the other way around. Second, as a "traditionalist", I'd expect nothing less from the team that I own. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Good for the Packers seeing through all the pure 100% B.S. that all this new "technology" in uniforms is. It's just a marketing ploy 100%. This new "technology" isn't better and doesn't make players better. It's purely marketing sold to suckers to make companies such as Nike, Reebok, and Under Armor profit.

what would you like us to change?

Nothin'... I respect the cheese for this one.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Might as well ban the new helmet styles, cleats as well. You want to keep the look the same right? Refusing the technology upgrades makes no sense.

Not the same. These jerseys aren't safer and we use the same riddell helmets the rest of the other teams do. You know you guys aren't using the sweat gut jerseys either.

Might as well ban the new helmet styles, cleats as well. You want to keep the look the same right? Refusing the technology upgrades makes no sense.

Your assumption is that all this Nike-hype really is a technology upgrade, and not just marketing BS. My guess is, the Packers just might win a few games next year, "outdated" tech in all.

Hell, this is so hard on me... I'm a 40 year Viking fan, trained from a young age to hate all things Packer... but, dammit, I'm proud of them.

Sooner or later, they're going to have to change the technology and get in line with the rest of the league. It might not be within the next few years, but it's going to happen.

The deal w/ nike is five years. No reason to change unless there is a proven and dramatic difference. I don't care that Nike makes pretty gloves. Cutters are by far the best. I've worn every name brand when I play football. Almost all the other guys I play w/ wear cutters now too. Nike sells more because everybody recognizes the name.

Sooner or later, they're going to have to change the technology and get in line with the rest of the league. It might not be within the next few years, but it's going to happen.

get in line with the rest of the league? A handful of teams elected to do the same thing and keep the same template, cut, and fabric. Literally, we are talking about a difference in fabric. Seriously. And even with that said, the Packers said they would be open to making the switch in the years to come. You might need to get a grip.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I don't care that Nike makes pretty gloves. Cutters are by far the best. I've worn every name brand when I play football. Almost all the other guys I play w/ wear cutters now too. Nike sells more because everybody recognizes the name.

LOL. Sorry, but that one is funny. The players that are under Nike contract will be wearing the pretty Packers Nike gloves in 2012. I'm glad their traditional collar will stay the way it is. A half Packers collar just seems wrong. Good job, GB.

2012-01-13T201450Z_1_BTRE80C1K8T00_RTROPTP_3_SPORTS-US-NFL-PACKERS_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

I don't care that Nike makes pretty gloves. Cutters are by far the best. I've worn every name brand when I play football. Almost all the other guys I play w/ wear cutters now too. Nike sells more because everybody recognizes the name.

LOL

2012-01-13T201450Z_1_BTRE80C1K8T00_RTROPTP_3_SPORTS-US-NFL-PACKERS_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

Not those superbad(actual name of one of the nike gloves) I'm talking about the new ones w/ the team logos.

Oh believe me, I would have been perfectly fine with everything staying the same and not having Nike take over. They can have college football, that's fine, but if they would have left the NFL alone so be it. I'm definitely not on Nike's side for the whole thing and I know it's a PR/Marketing move. Just saying that uniforms evolve over time, and I think this is the beginning of a time when they will drastically be changing, and the Pack can't hold out forever.

Personally, I'm very happy that the Chiefs decided not to go with the flywire collar, and the changes they did make improved the uniform as a whole, even if they were minor. So for that, I have Nike to thank. But other than that, I have no desire for them to drastically change anything about any team's uniforms, whether it be the Chiefs, Bears, Packers, etc. It really is inevitable though that at some point, the Packers will change the uniform "technology" and go against their traditionalist beliefs.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived