Packers Reject Nike Technology

kpbl_design

I talked to Jermichael Finley about this yesterday and he said he wants the Packers to look more like the Seahawks. I have a feeling he won't be getting his wish.

If he keeps dropping the ball, we'll ship him to the Seahawks like we did w/ some of our other players.

That's what I was lookin' for...

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to Jermichael Finley about this yesterday and he said he wants the Packers to look more like the Seahawks. I have a feeling he won't be getting his wish.

If he keeps dropping the ball, we'll ship him to the Seahawks like we did w/ some of our other players.

Hey! :therock:

Oh God, the college student mentality is growing up. As much as I hate the Packers, their look is one that should never be changed in any significant way.

lol you're way overselling it. Jermichael Finley has the mentality of a 13 year old, and I say that as a huge, huge J-Mike fan. I've got one word, #NotTheSharpestToolInTheShedBaby

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Hey! :therock:

He'll do fine over there. Were you happy w/ Hasselbeck? You're welcome. You're welcome in advance for us giving you the Packers yds and td game record holder :P

I can understand refusing to change the design, but why not the technology of it all? If it actually improves player performance like Nike claims, why pass it up?

The Packers have noticably altered their look in the past to accommodate changes to the uniform... see the change from 5 sleeve stripes to 3 between the two Favre Super Bowl years, or the Forrest Gregg-era shoulder numbers that have remained ever since. If the Nike technology actually gave them a competitive advantage, they'd be wearing it right now, but evidently, they feel that's not the case.

EDIT: Wow... the post above was made literally one second before mine. I'm psychic :P

Come on people. It's not like Nike was going to dress them up like the Jetsons. They offered their template and materials, and the Packers preferred to use what they were using before. To champion them for anything other than being content with what they had is pure imagination.

Yea, this.

Here's what's going to happen this fall: The Packers are not as good as they should be and no one can quite figure out why -- until the final game of the season, when Aaron Rodgers breaks away from a sack for what would have been the game-winning, playoff-clinching touchdown... BUT, because he was 2% slower, he got caught at the 1. And because he didn't have the flywire collar, his jersey ripped and temporarily flew in his face, blinding him from a second defender who swatted the ball away and cost them everything.

So enjoy the goofy collar in 2013.

Here's what's going to happen this fall: The Packers are not as good as they should be and no one can quite figure out why -- until the final game of the season, when Aaron Rodgers breaks away from a sack for what would have been the game-winning, playoff-clinching touchdown... BUT, because he was 2% slower, he got caught at the 1. And because he didn't have the flywire collar, his jersey ripped and temporarily flew in his face, blinding him from a second defender who swatted the ball away and cost them everything.

So enjoy the goofy collar in 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQYfpW_neE

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Boldin in cutters

16504310_120033_raw.jpg

May I ask what your trying to prove by going on with this cutters thing.

Someone was saying Nike was the outfitter so that would have to be the gloves. So I show boldin in cutters. Plus just because nike is flashy and a known household name, doesn't make their product better. Jerseys included. I know the nike gloves aren't better having used nike, cutters, under armour, reebok, adidas. Nike #3.

All this means is that Nike showed the Packers their new uniform on the flywire collar template and the Packers said "no we don't like that look more than the one we have so we'll just use the old one." Whether it was the way the shoulder stripes translated or the collar wasn't what they wanted, they just didn't like the look of it. None of it has to do with the Packers standing up to technology or Nike or any mumbo-jumbo like that. But if you'll sleep better at night thinking that, be my guest.

Might as well ban the new helmet styles, cleats as well. You want to keep the look the same right? Refusing the technology upgrades makes no sense.

Not the same. These jerseys aren't safer and we use the same riddell helmets the rest of the other teams do. You know you guys aren't using the sweat gut jerseys either.

I know we aren't. We wear black and IMO we should embrace any kind of technology to keep guys cool. I have no issues with the template as last years jerseys aren't exactly what they were when Al first made the jerseys. Materials, twill have changed over time. This would be just that.

I am a diehard packer fan and have been my whole life (i'm 19). I am so proud of the Pack on this, especially with the collar. That collar they have is awesome. Now, while I'm proud, I'm also surprised on some stuff. Like the pants. They look the exact same they are just lighter with the mesh on the side and from what I hear way more comfortable. Especially with the players complaining last year how the current pants were not comfortable at all. Surprised on that front. Also a little surprised that they didn't do the same thing as NE where they shot down the Elite 51's with the Flywire collar but got a better template. So all in all I'm proud they kept the great look, yet surprised they didn't capitalize on the new little things like the pants.

+1 I agree, Green Bay would have probably been better off taking Nike up on their fabric technology*, while keeping their look the same (collar and all like what New England did).

* All this assuming that Nike's technology has some performance improvements.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Archived