Continental Independent Baseball League: the Expansion

dgnmrwrw

The double outline isn't really working here, they should really be different thicknesses. I do really like the CS cap logo though. It looks sharp. Just curious, as a Colorado resident, any significance about the voltage name I'm missing?

spacer.png

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Amazing design as always. For the colors, the word 'Voltage' itself isn't electrified enough. Dark blue doesn't make me think of electricity.

I can't believe I missed that this started back up again! You used to have some of my favorite threads. I don't have time to go through and critique each one, you're logos are usually phenomenal. But the one thing that bugs me on some of these is that the wordmark feels tacked on top. I don't think you should always have to include a wordmark in the primary logo, some would look better if you presented them as separate elements. That's just one small nitpick though, overall this is really great stuff.

Also, that Vancouver logo - amazing.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everybody... I got busy again and this fell by the wayside. But I'm gonna keep posting these as I get time. Thanks for the feedback; I'll consider everything as I (hopefully) get a chance to update all this.

dsaline97: There's no real significance to the Voltage nickname. It sort of evolved from a few sketches, and I stuck it in Colorado Springs.

CAB: The "tacked on" wordmark is what bugs me the most. I thought about making it circularly arched, but I've done a lot of that. I just can't seem to get the primary logo to a place where I'm happy with it.

yaki10: They are all essentially complete, and have been for a few years. I just have a few stragglers (like the Voltage logo), but I'm going to post everything ASAP.

I'll keep at it, but for now here's the next team:

Grand Rapids Tuskers
Grand Rapids, MI

NLhyLO1.png

This logo is a rework of a different logo I posted a while back, so it's a bit of a retread. It turns out that the state fossil of Michigan is the Mastodon, so that's what I started with here. The colors are rust, charcoal, and Vegas gold. The cap logo is a stylized GR monogram, with tusk-like flourishes. The sleeve patch is the oval with the mastodon, and both workmarks feature descending strokes that mimic tusks.

aYiZwRc.png

IBNROLE.png

PmXjI1v.png

OSwHLU8.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Voltage is actually a great name for Colorado Springs--the city has the highest rate of lightning strikes of any city in the country.

Bang! So I meant to do that.

You should add which division the new teams are in. Also, are you going to update the grids with the hats and team logos? By the way the Grand Rapid set is very nice.

Whoops! I totally didn't think about that. Here they are:

Atlantic City Aces Northern

Billings Geotherms Western

Calgary Rams Western

Charleston Corsairs Southern

Colorado Springs Voltage Central

Grand Rapids Tuskers Northern

And I'll post updated grids and a map soon.

Jackson Magnolias

Jackson, MS

SOUTHERN DIVISION

rfXhpmA.png

Pretty obvious concept here. Mississippi is the Magnolia State, and Jackson is its capital. Colors are green and gold, and the 20 stars that repeat throughout the identity represent Mississippi's place as the 20th state to enter the Union. The cap logo is a simple J, and the alternate logo/sleeve patch is a silhouette of a magnolia tree, set in a circle and surrounded by 20 stars. For the typography, the serifs on the letters have additional strokes and shapes that are intended to mimic the look of columns on old antebellum homes. Here's a closer look at the wordmarks.

RLa17Xw.png

7J1G92X.png

Z9bglBO.png

4CRsDEm.png

Wow dg...your logo and word-mark work is second to none.

I like everything about the 'Jackson Magnolias', except...

The baseball.

I think it needs to have the stitching rather than the solid lines. (a lot more work I know)

Other than that...fantastic!

Yeah, I'm not fond of it either; this is one of the primaries I never could get right. I seem to have too many baseball-in-circle logos, and I really wanted to get the magnolia silhouette in there, but it screwed up the placement of the wordmark. I may just need to go back to the drawing board.

You did a great job on the Magnolias logo. I think you could, as a substitute for stitching, replace the lines on the baseball with magnolia pedals in a line.

This might be a nice compromise between the generic baseball and trying to shoehorn the magnolia in there.

Little Rock Diamonds

Little Rock, AR

CENTRAL DIVISION

GncAdLP.png

The state gem of Arkansas is the diamond, and I like the double entendre-ish connection to a baseball diamond. The colors are purple and silver, with touches of turquoise. There are a lot of sharp angles throughout the identity, evoking the facets of a diamond, and the gradients you see here are to represent reflective stitching or fabric (there would be no gradients in the actual uniforms). The cap logo is an interlocking LR monogram, and the sleeve patch is the diamond by itself. Here's a closer look at the wordmarks.

69xcTWO.png

X7cc7Z9.png

58JxIbq.png

hqIEk3r.png

Archived