MLB Tweaks and "Concepts"

McCall

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Reds concept I've seen on these boards. Hands down. That screams "Reds" to me. Bold, blocky lettering which a rich-ruby red color. Great job.

Sidenote: I just need to post this so you know I'm not copying you. I have an unposted Reds logo that is very similar to your 2nd option so I just want to post this so you know for when I do post my Reds concept. People have accused me of stealing before (one with good reason, all others not.) I guess I just have bad luck with these things.

513hh2.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Beauty! If the Reds went with that they would be one of the best dressed teams in the league. Awesome job.

Could you do the Red Sox next?

I'm not really taking requests. I'm randomly doing teams as I think about them or, as in the case of the Reds, discussing them as a group. Don't really know who or when my next one will be up.

Reds look great. I don't think using black on Mr. Red is a problem. He looks rather odd in all red.

Heh, it's a preference thing. I kinda think the black in that small capacity is fine, but also wanted to harken back to the olden days of the "Runnin' Man" who was in red and white (before the addition of black). So I posted both so people could see their preference in concept form and everyone can be happy... in theory.

Wow. I like the set the Reds have now, but seeing this concept, there's no comparison. I can't imagine them ever getting rid of black altogether in this era, but those jerseys are spectacular. That away jersey especially is a beauty. I think the Mr. Redlegs with the black outlines looks fine with these, and it gives a touch of modern vibe to a classic uniform.

Great concept!

• 2 weeks later...

Adding a tweak to the current Phillies set. I added a touch more blue to the look and based the road off the throwback alternate, which remains as well. I added blue trim around all the lettering just to give a little more to it. I know most want a return to maroon, but this is a simple change within the realm of what they currently wear, so nothing drastic with this one. Doesn't mean this is what I would absolutely prefer they wore.

PhiladelphiaPhilliesPrimary.png

PhiladelphiaPhilliesAlternate.png

PhiladelphiaPhilliesMarks.png

Great job. That's the only tweak that the Phillies need to their current set. Like you said, I would prefer just a change to maroon, but maroon and royal doesn't look good together. If they were to switch maroon, it would just have to be white/cream as an accent(Basically their current set, sans blue, and a red/maroon switch). No powder blue.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Nice phillies concepts I was thinkin the other day what if they tweaked their away uniforms to have the striping of the alts, also thinning the outline around phillies. Id like to see the home and away with white outlining instead of blue to see how that looks. But great work!!

• 1 year later...

Well, with all the recent talk in the Mariners Rumor thread, I decided to put into pictures how I think they should look, which isn't much of a change at all from their current look, and rather than creating a whole new thread, I just went ahead and dug up this oldie. Anyway, it's rather simple, so I'm not really going to explain much. Just redistributing the teal billed cap and returning the navy alternate to it's previous glory (with a slight alteration). Being stuck at home with a concussion does allow time to spend working on this, but also due to said concussion, there may be some errors I overlooked, so deal with it. ;) Btw, I used teal instead of the northwest green usually shown on their print logos just to give a more accurate interpretation of what it would look like.

SeattleMariners_PrimaryUniforms_zps6971c

SeattleMariners_AlternateUniforms1_zps7b

SeattleMariners_AlternateUniforms2_zps64

And just as a possibility:

SundayHomeUniform_zpsb2be9d1e.png

...Being stuck at home with a concussion does allow time to spend working on this, but also due to said concussion, there may be some errors I overlooked, so deal with it. ;) ...

YYYYYEOWCH! :wacko: Take care of yourself!

Anyway, since you necromanced your nifty thread, C&C on the sets thus far:

Rox home: Solid purple "Rockies" on the home would look better

Rox alt and cap: Solid white lettering.

Twins: I'm not much for Pinstripes on road greys, it looks ugly.

Twins B home: The old cursive lettering with the modern underline don't mesh well.

I dig the rest of the Twins sets,

Atlanta: I dig it, but dont like the radial arching for the player names.

Marlins: Totaly dig it, Black cap, belt and socks go with white, grey and black jerseys, Orange and blue jerseys get go with matching cap, belt and socks. Number font is a MAJOR upgrade!

Cubs: Perfect!

Giants: Your choice of sleeve patch for the home feels off, and I dont think we need to be wearing a black jersey. The rest feels soooooo right!

Cleveland: Kill Wahoo and you're gooood

Padres: Bringing back that number font is good, but I'm not a fan of the navy scheem. Current marks in brown and yellow don't work. The bow-tie "SanDiegO" was a GREAT mark from their current era.

Pirates: Good, thought their custom font make the 2 and 7 rather top-heavy.

Cards: Neither spectacular nor terrible

Reds: I thoroughly dig it

Phillies: Solid.

Seattle: Nice!

No, the Indians have a history of wearing a red-billed cap at home and the red bill goes better with the red piping/lettering/numbers on the homes than it would with all those in navy on the roads. Otherwise they'd have the same issue as the Astros with the bill looking very out of place with the lack or orange (in the Indians case red) on the uniform.

Archived