NBA Tweaks

Lights Out

Those Thunder logos are not great, but the grey looks excellent. Orange and grey/silver is one of the more underrated color schemes.

True, but it's not a viable color combo for OKC: I don't think Sooner fans would be too enthused about the Thunder adopting OSU's colors.

Those Thunder logos are not great, but the grey looks excellent. Orange and grey/silver is one of the more underrated color schemes.

True, but it's not a viable color combo for OKC: I don't think Sooner fans would be too enthused about the Thunder adopting OSU's colors.

Gray is not an OSU color. #SMH

And the gray would be outlined by a red/orange that would be a true combo or Sooner Red and Cowboy Orange.

I realized today that the three major powers of the Western Conference over the past decade (Dallas, San Antonio, Lakers) don't conform to the traditional convention of team name at home, city name on the road. With that in mind, here are my next three tweaks.

DALLAS:

vIJbh.png

SAN ANTONIO:

pos2r.png

LA LAKERS:

MozrN.png

I like all of those, Nice use of the A on San

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Gray is not an OSU color. #SMH

And the gray would be outlined by a red/orange that would be a true combo or Sooner Red and Cowboy Orange.

Your concept has orange and black in it, and OSU's current uni sets use a lot of grey. Hey; don't shoot the messenger. :)

I don't know if substituting a redder orange will be enough to offset the fact that it looks a lot like OSU. OU's red is closer to a maroon, anyway.

Not feeling the Mavs/Spurs/Lakers changes. I can clearly see why they none of them go with the team name at home, city name on road norm.

Also, I'm not sure I'd really consider that a norm. Nearly every major powerhouse in the league, and most large market teams, don't conform to it. Off the top of my head, the Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, Heat, Mavs, Lakers, Spurs, Sixers, and Warriors all don't conform to that "norm." I'm sure there's a few more too.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

SACRAMENTO:

O0bkE.png

The base design of their uniforms is good, but they've managed to royally screw up their scripts - including using the city name at home and the team name on the road for reasons unknown. I just added some sorely-needed consistency and normalcy to their uniform set.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ehh, I have to be honest - I really don't like the road script. I get what you're trying to do with consistency and all, but it just doesn't look very appealing. A wordmark that long doesn't work in non-cursive lowercase. The current Sacramento script would look better I think. Other than that, the only other thing I'd suggest is matching the number colors to the script colors. It looks pretty good otherwise.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I agree with the above, I'd just do the kings script on every jersey...it looks very good. Definatly match the numbers colors with the script.

For future deseign I would definatly like to see the thunder, but with the green and gold supersonics colors, i mean how many teams have orange in there jersey and uni's! Any original colors would work for the thunder, but they just need something to stand out!

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

SACRAMENTO:

The base design of their uniforms is good, but they've managed to royally screw up their scripts - including using the city name at home and the team name on the road for reasons unknown. I just added some sorely-needed consistency and normalcy to their uniform set.

It's unusual for a team to wear its city name at home and team name on the road, but that's what the Kings are doing. "They really wanted the new road uniform to have a lot of black and look sort of meaner," explains Christopher Arena, the league's vice president of apparel, sporting goods and basketball partnerships. "But when we tried that with 'Sacramento,' you just couldn't read it, because it has so many letters. So we put that on the home jersey instead."

From here.

I've always thought some NBA uniforms would be so much better with a few small tweaks. But I didn't want to lazily change a few colors and scripts on a 2D template, so I decided to Photoshop my ideas on to actual in-game pictures to show how they'd look on the court.

ATLANTA:

V5Gq7.png

The black, red, and yellow color scheme of old finally returns. Other than that, nothing really changes about the uniform design, which is really cool, and the excellent custom font.

MILWAUKEE:

Et7kd.png

The purple and green scheme from the Bucks' Big Three era returns, and the city name finally returns to the road jersey for the first time since 1975-76.

Green and Purple could've actually worked the way you executed it. Any chance we could see green & red or even green & lime, though?

That would also be the best the Hawks have ever looked.

Archived