NBA Tweaks

Lights Out

I've always thought some NBA uniforms would be so much better with a few small tweaks. But I didn't want to lazily change a few colors and scripts on a 2D template, so I decided to Photoshop my ideas on to actual in-game pictures to show how they'd look on the court.

ATLANTA:

V5Gq7.png

The black, red, and yellow color scheme of old finally returns. Other than that, nothing really changes about the uniform design, which is really cool, and the excellent custom font.

MILWAUKEE:

Et7kd.png

The purple and green scheme from the Bucks' Big Three era returns, and the city name finally returns to the road jersey for the first time since 1975-76.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Bucks look really nice, I always liked the Green and Purple. Nice work there.

I think the only thing I'd want to look different on the Hawks though is perhaps make the home wordmark and numbers red rather than black. And though I despise that "ATL" on the alternate, it wasn't your design so I won't tell you to change it :P Bravo for bringing back the true Hawks color scheme! They look like the Hawks again.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

V5Gq7.png

I really like the black-red-yellow color scheme for Atlanta. If it were me doing the tweaks, I'd make red the primary road jersey (with the Atlanta wordmark) and put ATL on the black jersey and make it the alternate. Like another person said, make the script on the home red

I think it would look best with red and yellow as the primary colors, and black as a trim color and alternate uniform color

I always liked Nuggets current set so not really feeling that one but the Hawks concept is awesome (especially the away jersey). But like others said you should either change Hawks script colour or script outline colour.

A black Hawks script with yellow outline should look pretty good imo.

I really like the black-red-yellow color scheme for Atlanta. If it were me doing the tweaks, I'd make red the primary road jersey (with the Atlanta wordmark) and put ATL on the black jersey and make it the alternate. Like another person said, make the script on the home red

I think it would look best with red and yellow as the primary colors, and black as a trim color and alternate uniform color

I agree 100%. The Atlanta recolor looks great but I think it would be best with red as the dominant color. But I prefer the Nuggets in light blue and the Christmas colored Bucks.

Also, awesome job with Photoshop. Even knowing that you edited them, its almost impossible to tell that the Bucks and Hawks were photoshopped.

Next tweak...

DENVER:

8z6VX.png

Current uniform, '90s colors and scripts (I made the "DENVER" script to match that style). I know Nene's not on the team anymore, but it was one of the few usable pictures I could find.

Can I see the rainbow skyline in today colours, like my avatar? not sure if you'll do requests but I think that would look good.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Can I see the rainbow skyline in today colours, like my avatar? not sure if you'll do requests but I think that would look good.

Normally people don't take requests in a series. Back on topic... These all look very nice. I love the nuggets especially. A very interesting way to show the uniforms as well.

spacer.png

This reminds me a lot of when I tried to actualize my Thunder concepts (like this, this and this).

I like the Miami, Milwaukee and Atlanta work. I would go back to the drawing board with Denver, though.

Woah, not to bring this off topic but I'd never seen those before. It's amazing how much better the Thunder look in a different color scheme.

Comments about Lights Out's changes:

-Hawks: I like the idea of the Hawks going back to red and yellow, but I think if black is included at all it should be used sparingly. Overall, improvement over current set, especially getting rid of the 3D text.

-Bucks: I like it.

-Nuggets: Sorry, but I think both the current color scheme and current scripts are superior. I see this as a downgrade.

-Heat: Love the idea of using the Floridans jerseys full time.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I realized today that the three major powers of the Western Conference over the past decade (Dallas, San Antonio, Lakers) don't conform to the traditional convention of team name at home, city name on the road. With that in mind, here are my next three tweaks.

DALLAS:

vIJbh.png

SAN ANTONIO:

pos2r.png

LA LAKERS:

MozrN.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This reminds me a lot of when I tried to actualize my Thunder concepts (like this, this and this).

I like the Miami, Milwaukee and Atlanta work. I would go back to the drawing board with Denver, though.

Woah, not to bring this off topic but I'd never seen those before. It's amazing how much better the Thunder look in a different color scheme.

Comments about Lights Out's changes:

-Hawks: I like the idea of the Hawks going back to red and yellow, but I think if black is included at all it should be used sparingly. Overall, improvement over current set, especially getting rid of the 3D text.

-Bucks: I like it.

-Nuggets: Sorry, but I think both the current color scheme and current scripts are superior. I see this as a downgrade.

-Heat: Love the idea of using the Floridans jerseys full time.

Those Thunder logos are not great, but the grey looks excellent. Orange and grey/silver is one of the more underrated color schemes.

As for this thread, the way the colors in the lettering work on the black Hawks jersey is very nice. The others I don't see as much potential, though I do think the Heat should use the Floridians' color scheme, plus electric blue.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Mavs look pretty good! I always thought "Mavericks" didn't look all that bad on the front. Cool to see it return.

San Antonio on the other hand...eh, it's a good idea but I just don't like the way the road script turned out. I don't think that stacked effect is very appealing. If there was a way to arch it all on one line, I think it'd be better.

The Lakers look good though. I wouldn't necessarily prefer it, but you've made it work. It flows well and kind of reminds me a little of the old "Los Angeles" script on the 60's uniforms. Really nice.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived