My Jesus NY Jets shirt

Cody21

No, it's pointing to the right. That's the direction it should be pointing.

POTD nominee?

On second though, nah. You can have Progressive Christians too.

Except Teebus is pretty much the opposite of a Progressive Christian... in fact, he's a textbook example of the type of Christian that rams was referencing... POTD seconded.

Not looking to start anything, but I don't think that something insulting another's religion should be considered POTD material.

Saying Teebus leans to the right is "insulting"? :P

Which has always been strange to me. Seems like Jesus would be more on the left. :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He certainly wasn't a fan of the 1%. :P

That's where you're mistaken. The prosperity gospel folks have retconned all of that away.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

He certainly wasn't a fan of the 1%. :P

Well.. he was certain a fan of THE ONE...

(I could have gone with he WAS a fan of the 1%... the 1% who followed him at the time...)

I saw, I came, I left.

Not sure I've ever read in the bible or heard in church where Jesus said the path to salvation had anything to do with government, political or economic acts but rather the acts of the individual.

Tell that to the lobbyist.

Not sure I've ever read in the bible or heard in church where Jesus said the path to salvation had anything to do with government, political or economic acts but rather the acts of the individual.

Tell that to the lobbyist.

On both sides.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Gotta love the blank check to bash christians...

Thank goodness Tebow isn't muslim.. he'd blow up all of these people poking fun at his faith...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

To clear up any confusion, Tebow('s agents) issued a cease and desist because they were advertising the shirts as "Tim Tebow NY Jets Christian Shirt" or something like that. They'll probably just change the name and keep selling them. I think it's weird that anyone would want this shirt, though. "My Jesus?" Didn't realize Depeche Mode had such a strong following in the NFL fan community.

#craigadams

If you really think this is "bashing", you need to read what right-wing members of that faith say about gay people.

"Exploiting"? Yes. But "bashing"?

Yes, only religious people on the right look down on gay people.

There are religious fanatics (of many major religions) that look down on gays regardless of their political affliation. You can't lump this only on fundamentalist Christians as many here in the CCSLC do.

To say/assume that people on the left or non-religious people are not capable of being bigotted against gay people is not only absurd but completely false.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

If you really think this is "bashing", you need to read what right-wing members of that faith say about gay people.

Yes, only religious people on the right look down on gay people.

There are religious fanatics (of many major religions) that look down on gays regardless of their political affliation. You can't lump this only on fundamentalist Christians as many here in the CCSLC do.

To say/assume that people on the left or non-religious people are not capable of being bigotted against gay people is not only absurd but completely false.

The religious thinks gay marriage is wrong. The atheist and agnostic thinks that marriage in general is wrong. :lol:

People, im just kidding. I know some of you were ready to write some paragraphs.

Christians aren't the only one "bashing" gays...

There are people and religions in this world that litereally bash gays... until they are dead... and it's all ok with everyone...

I think we need to focus on places where being gay is a crime punishable by death... and not just on people who say mean things...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

At the risk of running this further aground, some of the places where "being gay is a crime punishable by death" are being advised and abetted by people right here in our country who also "say mean things".

But still, so what? We should ignore bigotry by Americans just because there are worse bigots elsewhere? Europe has pockets of virulent anti-Semitism, but that doesn't mean we should excuse our local anti-Semites.

Show me any one in this country who fights to prevent gay people from exercising their full civil rights, and I'll oppose 'em. Don't particularly care why the're doing it.

Here is the path of Salvation, according to Jesus: Belief / faith, not work or any kind of act.

In John 6:28, Jesus was asked what the work of God is, and in verse 29, he answered:

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

But still, so what? We should ignore bigotry by Americans just because there are worse bigots elsewhere? Europe has pockets of virulent anti-Semitism, but that doesn't mean we should excuse our local anti-Semites.

We do it every day here in the CCSLC when illwauk is allowed to mock Christianity and loogodude mocks Christianity and Judiasm nearly every time they get the opportunity and only the people that call them out take crap for it.

Point of Order though, I think Dead's assesment is the most correct one.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Archived