My Jesus NY Jets shirt

Cody21

Take it up with them, then. For my own part, I'm equal-opportunity. As I said, I don't care why people hate gays, only that they do and have to be stopped from cementing their bigotry into law.

Which, sadly, leads us back to Tebow and his cronies.

Nope. No it doesn't. The whole "he did a commercial with a group I believe to be bigoted on another issue, so that makes him a bigot even though he has never spoken on the issue" is extremely faulty logic. But you keep whacking at that mole. Maybe you'll hit it someday.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it up with them, then. For my own part, I'm equal-opportunity. As I said, I don't care why people hate gays, only that they do and have to be stopped from cementing their bigotry into law.

Which, sadly, leads us back to Tebow and his cronies.

Nope. No it doesn't. The whole "he did a commercial with a group I believe to be bigoted on another issue, so that makes him a bigot even though he has never spoken on the issue" is extremely faulty logic. But you keep whacking at that mole. Maybe you'll hit it someday.

It's not just the one issue Focus on the Family sucks at...

Although while we're on the subject how the :censored: is it still tax-exempt?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To clear up any confusion, Tebow('s agents) issued a cease and desist because they were advertising the shirts as "Tim Tebow NY Jets Christian Shirt" or something like that. They'll probably just change the name and keep selling them. I think it's weird that anyone would want this shirt, though. "My Jesus?" Didn't realize Depeche Mode had such a strong following in the NFL fan community.

To get this back on topic:

This is why there was action taken by Tebow's counsel. Because they were promoting it using his name. Has zero to do with religion and everything with that.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

But still, so what? We should ignore bigotry by Americans just because there are worse bigots elsewhere? Europe has pockets of virulent anti-Semitism, but that doesn't mean we should excuse our local anti-Semites.

We do it every day here in the CCSLC when illwauk is allowed to mock Christianity and loogodude mocks Christianity and Judiasm nearly every time they get the opportunity and only the people that call them out take crap for it.

Point of Order though, I think Dead's assesment is the most correct one.

I admit I wanted to do some religious bashing myself ..... and so here goes:

I do get REALLY annoyed by some these religious groups (mainly Christian, but I've seen some Jewish and Muslim) who take imagery from pop culture like logos from sports teams and movies into clothing about "Jesus Saves" and all that. That's why I think the NFL and the Jets should at least look into questioning the marketers using the logo.

hmmm... I think maybe that's why I loved the way the WWF/E promoted Austin 3:16.

I saw, I came, I left.

newyork1.jpg

"Hey there Star Quarterman Tim Tebow what's up?"

tim-teabow-apology-crying.jpg

"Oh goodness, these New York girls are stirring up strange feelings in me. I don't know what to do."

IFWT-Tim-Tebow1.jpg

"Maybe my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will guide me through these stormy waters."

Tim-Tebow-winplayoff-.jpg

"So you're saying I should follow my heart and do what comes naturally?"

tebow-o.gif

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a girl, but a girl who wears pounds of makeup and may have had surgical enhancements.

Upon further inspection, though, I'd say the girl on the left is more likely to have implants. The girl on the right is, uhh, hanging lower, even though she is sluttily arching her back to shove them upwards. I'm guessing those are some natural hangers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Identity politics.

I won't hold past associations against Tebow if he just says that their beliefs on this issue are not his. Should be easy enough.

Identity politics thy name is LEFT (Jacobins).

FsQiF2W.png

Archived