The Road to Omaha

Seadragon76

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Picked 8 correctly of 16 regional winners. Not so good.

Super Regional Picks

Florida over N.C. State 2-0

South Carolina over Oklahoma 2-1

Oregon over Kent State 2-1

Baylor over Arkansas 2-1

TCU over UCLA 2-1

LSU over Stony Brook 2-0

Arizona over St. John's 2-1

Florida State over Stanford 2-1

Super Regionals kick off today...

Friday, Saturday, Sunday (if needed) Games:

-Stony Brook at LSU (The surprising Seawolves take their slow and steady approach to Alex Box Stadium and face the Tigers)

-St. John's at Arizona (Wildcats host upset minded Red Storm)

-Stanford at Florida State (Does Buc's prediction of FSU falling flat come true this weekend?)

-TCU at UCLA (Acronyms AHOY! Horned Frogs face a strong Bruins team)

Saturday, Sunday, Monday (if needed) Games:

-NC State at Florida (Top seeded Gators face battle tested Wolfpack)

-Arkansas at Baylor (Old SWC rivals meet for the first time in some time)

-Oklahoma at South Carolina (Two time champion Gamecocks host the Sooners in their quest for a three-peat)

-Kent State at Oregon (Cinderella heads out west to face a 4 year old program that has risen to the top in no time flat)

-Stanford at Florida State (Does Buc's prediction of FSU falling flat come true this weekend?)

Does a fat man fart?

Does a 5 lbs bag of flour make a big biscuit?

Does a CCSLC member have "assburgers"?

I don't know when FSU will be knocked out, but one thing is for :censored: sure. Martin will not win a CWS. I loathe the Martin curse

Does a fat man fart?

Does a 5 lbs bag of flour make a big biscuit?

Does a CCSLC member have "assburgers"?

I don't know when FSU will be knocked out, but one thing is for :censored: sure. Martin will not win a CWS. I loathe the Martin curse

a 17-1 stomping of Stanford is a good start. Let's see what happens.

The Gators held on by the very edges of their teeth today.

And by that, I mean their closer blowing the lead twice in the 8th and 9th innings (with the Gators having taken the lead in the top halves of both innings), and then stranding the tying run on 3rd in the 10th inning, thanks in large part to a strike three that was about 10 inches off the plate.

They play like that in Omaha, and they'll fall short of the title once again. I'm afraid to pick against South Carolina, only because every friggen break in the world goes their way in the CWS. It still remains fresh in my mind how, against Virginia and Florida in 2011, they finagled their way out of bases loaded/0 out situations THREE times unscathed, and all three of those times were in the 9th inning or later, as the "road" team. Still hard for me to believe.

spacer.png

FSU's bracket is set. Fun that we are in the same one as Stony Brook. FSU vs Arizona and UCLA vs SB. Florida has no idea who they are playing. Luckily they are the ones stuck with South Carolina. Hard not to pick them to win it again.

FSU: BREAK THE MARTIN CURSE! 33 years is enough.

FSU's bracket is set. Fun that we are in the same one as Stony Brook. FSU vs Arizona and UCLA vs SB. Florida has no idea who they are playing. Luckily they are the ones stuck with South Carolina. Hard not to pick them to win it again.

Tell your boys to slow it down a bit...they've scored enough runs to last them a whole CWS title already!

Tell your boys to slow it down a bit...they've scored enough runs to last them a whole CWS title already!

As strange as this may seem "The Animals of Section B" played a huge role in those wins. ESPN sideline reporter over heard Stanford talking about the crowd. One of the best crowds in college sports. Rocked Stanford's ace. So many free bases.

Archived