Kennesaw State unveils new Logo

Iceman87GT

Kennesaw State unveiled a new logo and I assume a new font. At the moment its just the primary logo that has been released, I'm assuming the secondary logo will be just the Owl (as it can be seen on the new merchandise made available online) and the interlocking KS logo will be updated, and likely adopted by more sports than just Baseball and Softball.

Sorry they are all links I don't post here enough to be able to put pics in, feel free to actually put them into your responses

facebookcoverphotoKSUOWls.jpg

Link to the announcement

Announcement

The other logos will be unveiled August 20th.

Here's a look at variations of the logo, right now they are only visible on merchandise, and sadly the biggest versions of the logos are on the vintage shirts so most of these have that fake fading applied to them.

the Head:

thumbaspx.jpg

Owl Plus full Body:

FullOwl.jpg

Interlocking KS Logo:

428559_3412196745857_443901191_a.jpg

So... Can we please get an entry for KSU on the logos page!? Football team starts play in 2014 3rd largest 4-year college in the state of Georgia (behind only uga and Georgia State), been competing at the D1 level since 2006 (or was it 2005), what else needs to be done?

rp_primary_new_logo_release.jpg

Solid logo set all around. I just can't believe it isn't Bravebird who's breaking the news :P

The announcement came out of nowhere, he probably doesn't even know about it, I only know cause my former RA posted on facebook about the unveiling just before it happened.

Not a bad set. I think they have consolidated their colors a bit. A few years ago, a deeper red was part of the package as an occasional tertiary color, but I do not see that here. I like it for the most part.

They never use that color, it's used for the volleyball court lines and half of the seats in the convocation center (the basketball stadium) are Burgundy with the others being gold. Other than a few banners around campus (none of which deal with athletics), and the attire the people who work in the commons (food court) wear its virtually non-existent.

I wish they would, its still a school color but its never been and likely never will be used for athletics, which raises the question as to why its still a part of the scheme.

That is a HUGE improvement from what they had. Much more fearsome now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Looks like they will also have an interlocking KS (as seen on their Facebook):

537683_379979018728484_1079396017_n.jpg

It reads as SK to me too. They should change it so the K overlaps the S on the left instead of the way it is now.

ks_baseball.gif

That's the original one, the problem is the S overhangs on the left side, since they are making the S symmetrical in the new version it should overhang the same amount on both sides. If they did that I don't think they would have to make any changes as to where it overlaps. I hope they realize this before it gets plastered all over campus, I will definitely be sending them a letter.

ks_baseball.gif

That's the original one, the problem is the S overhangs on the left side, since they are making the S symmetrical in the new version it should overhang the same amount on both sides. If they did that I don't think they would have to make any changes as to where it overlaps. I hope they realize this before it gets plastered all over campus, I will definitely be sending them a letter.

I you even out the overhang, then the left side is too close to the left side of the K. The mid point of the K, where the two segments meet, is not centered, so it would actually look too bunched on one side.

ks_baseball.gif

I you even out the overhang, then the left side is too close to the left side of the K. The mid point of the K, where the two segments meet, is not centered, so it would actually look too bunched on one side.

I'm suggesting they stretch out the S, not simply move it over.

Not a bad set. I think they have consolidated their colors a bit. A few years ago, a deeper red was part of the package as an occasional tertiary color, but I do not see that here. I like it for the most part.

They never use that color, it's used for the volleyball court lines and half of the seats in the convocation center (the basketball stadium) are Burgundy with the others being gold. Other than a few banners around campus (none of which deal with athletics), and the attire the people who work in the commons (food court) wear its virtually non-existent.

I wish they would, its still a school color but its never been and likely never will be used for athletics, which raises the question as to why its still a part of the scheme.

I'm thinking athletics is going to completely drop it. But, that is not entirely true. The one exception is the track team. They have burgundy jerseys.

I love the new logos. Can't wait to see the transformation and inevitable new uniforms for the teams. Baseball needs some consistency with its uniforms. Bad. And I agree...not sure why Kennesaw State isn't in the database.

Oh wow, this is awesome! Y'all are going to be looking great up there BraveBird. I might actually have to swing by the campus to check some of the new logos out (on 2nd thought that would mean I would have to put up with Towne Center traffic so maybe not.) I'm even excited for ya'll football team with this net set.

BTW, talking to one of my friends who is a Gama Phi Beta up there and she said they're going to build a new stadium for football after they finish the work on the road going under 75 and the team wouldn't start under the stadium is built. Any truth to this?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Oh wow, this is awesome! Y'all are going to be looking great up there BraveBird. I might actually have to swing by the campus to check some of the new logos out (on 2nd thought that would mean I would have to put up with Towne Center traffic so maybe not.) I'm even excited for ya'll football team with this net set.

BTW, talking to one of my friends who is a Gama Phi Beta up there and she said they're going to build a new stadium for football after they finish the work on the road going under 75 and the team wouldn't start under the stadium is built. Any truth to this?

I'm hearing that too.

In an interview I had with Vaughn Williams, the AD, in the fall I was told the football team will have its own stadium eventually. Until one is built he said the team would start play in KSU Stadium, which has about 9,000 seats for soccer. The stadium was actually intentionally designed to handle a Phase II...which is why there is a giant concrete walkway once you enter through the gates. So, we might just see expansion on that one.

I'm going to interview him again to do the story on the new logos, so perhaps I'll drop some questions in about these stadium rumors swirling around.

I'm hearing that too.

In an interview I had with Vaughn Williams, the AD, in the fall I was told the football team will have its own stadium eventually. Until one is built he said the team would start play in KSU Stadium, which has about 9,000 seats for soccer. The stadium was actually intentionally designed to handle a Phase II...which is why there is a giant concrete walkway once you enter through the gates. So, we might just see expansion on that one.

I'm going to interview him again to do the story on the new logos, so perhaps I'll drop some questions in about these stadium rumors swirling around.

Yeah I noticed it looked like it was built to expand the capacity. How many people are they planning on pulling for games? I know we have a HUGE drop off in attendance when we go up against a UGA game time wise. As in we could be playing West and if UGA isn't playing at that time we sell out at 11.5K or if UGA is playing or about to it drops to 3-4K.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived