DBro Designs - NHL Concepts - CAROLINA HURRICANES REBRAND FIX

Dbroalexander

I really like the striping and the lighthouse logo you are using. The one thing I would do, as an Islanders fan who yearns still for the glory days of the early 80s, and a uniform traditionalist for my favorite teams, would be to inject some orange and possibly a throwback tribute using their original logo. Right now, I'm just not seeing enough contrast and "pop" in the set. So I like the two-toned blue approach, but inject some orange for the sake of contrast (and tradition, I suppose). Really nice idea though, very creative.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a huge fan of orange, and I know you'd like to move to the future, but I think adding some orange in there would really help like cohenj21 said.

Solid concepts so far! I love that Sabres one.

Look forward to more.

2ly2w09.jpg

I love the colors nad love the arms stripes. The only thing I don't like, and it has always bugged me, is that lighthouse it crooked! Nevertheless, good stuff here as usual. I wouldn't be opposed to adding some orange, but just as an accent color.

Been a while since I looked at this, that new Sabres alternate is pretty good. I’m not too big of a fan of the black though. I never was a fan of black for the sake of black. Quite honestly I think if you just replace the black with white you have a real winner.

Now, on to the rest of your work:

Maple Leafs: I’m really liking this. The primary logo that you’ve chosen is a good idea, although I’d much rather see the alternate logo become the primary, I’ve always thought that was the far superior Leafs logo. I see you updated it so that the alternate logo is without text, which is what I was going to suggest when I first saw the concept, but I think you should use this logo here: http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=v7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca, it’s the actual alternate logo that the Leafs use. Obviously nothing groundbreaking in this concept, but it’s the Leafs and there’s not much to change; I think you’ve done a great job tweaking ‘em. For the Winter Classic, I really like the middle Leafs jersey. Like I said earlier, I like the “wavier” leaf logo and I think that green and vintage white is a nice combination and a nice nod to the Toronto St. Pats.

Thrashers: Finally, consistency with this team! Too bad they don’t exist anymore because they would really look good on the ice in your design. I really have no complaints here, it’s a really unique design and I like it a lot. The only thing I would suggest would be to add some bronze to the alternate uniform, but that’s about it. Great job here.

Panthers: I REALLY like this one. The striping pattern here is great (especially for a hockey team located in Florida). The navy jersey is perfect. I just have some suggestions on the yellow jersey. First off, I think that you should use the same striping idea as on the navy one, make the cuffs and hem white and I think you have a winner. Also, I think you should get rid of the sublimated palm tree on the yellow jersey. I seriously believe that if you just give the crest that red outline like on the navy one, you have a real winner. The last thing is the numbers; I think if you make the stripes around the numbers red-white, instead of blue-red, It would make the numbers pop a lot more.

Islanders: Now this concept is really out there, but I’m kind of liking it. The primary logo looks great in that color scheme and so does the fisherman logo. I think the logo with the fisherman and the lighthouse is a great idea, but I don’t really think it works. It’s just too crammed in my opinion. You too much going on for it to be contained in a roundel. Other than that I really like this. I love the color scheme and I love the template. I might just add a little bit of orange though, just to try it out.

Really, really good stuff here man. I look forward to more.

And, ya know I gotta rank 'em:

#1. Coyotes

#2. Hurricanes

#3. Stars

#4. Islanders

#5. Panthers

#6. Thrashers

#7. Sabres

#8. Kings

#9. Maple Leafs

#10. Blackhawks

Fix the issues with the Panthers and it moves up, it’s getting hard to rank these because they’re all so good!

wow thanks all for the quick comments. I will put some orange in the islanders jerseys and logos to add contrast. It was something I was toying around with in early stages but somehow got worked out but i feel what you guys are saying.

Also, Heitert, seems like everyone on these boards and anywhere else I show off the Panthers jerseys I hear the same criticism on the yellow Panthers jerseys. So I'm gonna go in and try to fix it to people's liking.

Thanks Guys!!!

This is a definite improvement over the previous concept. Just that accent of orange livens up the jerseys quite a bit. The one thing I would suggest would be to use their current logo recolored on the alt instead of the fisherman, but as an Islanders fan I am obliged to hate the fisherman so it really isn't that big of a deal.

Cohenj.png

This is a definite improvement over the previous concept. Just that accent of orange livens up the jerseys quite a bit. The one thing I would suggest would be to use their current logo recolored on the alt instead of the fisherman, but as an Islanders fan I am obliged to hate the fisherman so it really isn't that big of a deal.

My main goal for this concept was to stay away from the current logo. Personally, I don't like it, it looks like a mess. I've always liked the logos from the disastrous fishsticks jerseys. I feel, just like the Kings Burger King logo, they got a bad wrap because of the awful jerseys they were featured on.

I think that the bottom-right lighthouse logo (the one used as a shoulder patch on the alternate) would work better on the front of the primaries. I think it makes the waves more evident and would stand out more on the home jersey. That aside, this is a good-looking outside of the box approach to the Islanders.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think that the bottom-right lighthouse logo (the one used as a shoulder patch on the alternate) would work better on the front of the primaries. I think it makes the waves more evident and would stand out more on the home jersey. That aside, this is a good-looking outside of the box approach to the Islanders.

I can see what that looks like, but I feel like theres not enough white, at least on the home jersey. I think it might look better on the away jersey but I'm not sure on the home jersey

I can see what that looks like, but I feel like theres not enough white, at least on the home jersey. I think it might look better on the away jersey but I'm not sure on the home jersey

I went in and checked it out, and it looks a whole lot better on the alternate jersey as a patch then it does as a main crest.

On the Home jersey, theres just too much white in the logo and with the small amount of white on the rest of the jersey it just doesn't look as good as you would think

On the Away jersey, it looks a little better, but not enough for me to want to change it for good. There's more white on the away jersey so it goes with the design more, but then there's not a ton of contrast between the logo and the jersey which bothered me.

Thanks for the feedback though.

HOWEVER, I did get rid of the seafoam green, or "atlantic green" color on the cuffs.

This looks really nice, I am surprised by how much I like this despite the fisherman and whatnot. The striping is really good, especially on the sleeves. The only thing I would change would be to change the numbers on the alt to navy instead of white, they should pop more that way. Great presentation too, by the way.

Cohenj.png

some islanders fan on tumblr reposted these jerseys and said these are awful and worse than the original wave jerseys. says theyre too bright for a hockey jersey... whaaaa?

also thanks justin!

What an ignorant D-Bag! These are less bright and 100 times better than those jerseys.

Archived