DBro Designs - NHL Concepts - CAROLINA HURRICANES REBRAND FIX

Dbroalexander

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I like the lighthouse logo as the main logo, even as an Islander fan I can go with that. However, I would like to see more orange in the concept, as that's really part of the brand. Your third jersey is a big step in the right direction for me, I would love to see a set based off that.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I've been a little more productive lately when it comes to my concepts. As soon as I put up my Islanders update last night, I started working on my Ducks concept which I hadn't touched in a couple months. I've completed 2 separate sets of jerseys. I'm looking for suggestions as to which set looks best.

Set 1 - 737934_381016898655470_2140847187_o.png

Set 2 - 736408_381016901988803_1415885279_o.png

Closer Looks

Home 1

Home 2

Away 1

Away 2

Alternate 1

Alternate 2

I like the lighthouse logo as the main logo, even as an Islander fan I can go with that. However, I would like to see more orange in the concept, as that's really part of the brand. Your third jersey is a big step in the right direction for me, I would love to see a set based off that.

I see... I originally was going to use a little bit more orange in the set but I still felt that if the Islanders were to rebrand this is something I'd like to see. Something to move forward with. I left orange as just trim so that it's still in the brand but only as a small callback to the past. The Alternate though, I thought was a good way to get rid of the all teal jersey and use more orange.

• 1 month later...

Oh god! What did you do to the Canadiens?!?!?!

I kid, I actually really like this look for Montreal. While it probably wouldn't fly in real life due to history, I think it'd be a very interesting route for the team to take. On the home, I think use used too many stripes on the chest. I'd remove the outer two, then flip the colors to match the sleeve stripes. Not only would the chest stripe have pretty much the same effect, but it would also make the number a bit more legible on the back.

On the roads, if I had to tell you to change anything it would be to maybe go with red for legibility reasons, but from a personal standpoint, I have no problems with what you have now, nice work.

For the Ducks, with the striping and colors you used, set 1 is definitely the way to go. In almost any other situation I would prefer the duck mask, but in this case, the webbed D just works so much better.

Islanders... I think you've got too much teal on the home and roads, and not enough on the third. Frankly, the color scheme is great, it's just finding that balance that is the key. Basically, if you went with the third with slightly thicker teal stripes, maybe half as thick as the white ones, it would be perfect.

All in all great work, I absolutely love your Carolina third, best of the bunch.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Thanks a bunch man, it's nice to finally see some C&C on these.

The Canadians look is for an contest on HockeyJerseyConcepts.com in which the goal is to rebrand an "untouchable" team. Making the number legible on the home was difficult and I did consider going the route you suggested with the chest stripes, but I just couldn't get past how much I liked how it.

Ducks, That's also how I felt about them but I made both sets because I knew if I went one way people would want to see it the other way, so why not let people see both and choose.

And for the Islanders, I love the Navy Teal scheme and with orange as trim. I knew people probably wouldn't dig it but that's why I made the third with so little teal, I could add some more in there but I thought if I included a third based on the "old" blue and orange days it would help.

I am a big fan of the Ducks concept, rectifies their current atrocity of a brand very nicely. The color scheme is unique, and really fits the duck theme.

The primaries look great with the duck foot but not sure I love the ones with the old Mighty Ducks logo. I just don't think that logo was made for that color scheme and I would rather see the primaries on the top set with the alternate on the bottom set and put the actually solid duck foot logo at the center of the brand.

For Montreal I like the road jersey better than the home. The road is better than their current, boring version, and injects some life into the set.

For the home jersey, maybe I'm just so used to their real-life set, but I don't know if I love it. I feel like the logo is just sort of sitting in the white stripe, sort of like that Blackhawks throwback that I don't like either. The road set is definitely an improvement though.

Cohenj.png

The Ducks color scheme is pretty sweet but not quite there. I always love to see them in any shade of green but I think reviving the jade would appease so many Ducks fans as well reintroduce a unique color into the league that differentiates from Dallas' kelly green and Minnesota's forest green. I should also mention that the block numbers clash too much with the webfoot D for me, so I'd try and see if their current ones fit better. Again, you're going in a good direction here but I want to open up your options to find a happy medium.

Montreal's set works well for a set that has to be changed. I'll echo what others have said about matching the chest stripes to the sleeve stripes but it still looks good either way. I'm really digging that away most of all here.

You almost never disappoint man, keep it up.

Midway.png

• 4 weeks later...

Alright. I am back once again. This time I come bearing a new concept of my home team. The Chicago Blackhawks.

First is the Home and Away Set.

856344_413686815388478_1698773561_o.png

I added laces to the collars as I think the Original 6 teams should all have them and be the only teams allowed to use them. I also swapped the red and black in the away jerseys striping to match the striping of the home jersey. I also got rid of the black cuffs on the away.

I also have two different options for a black alternate jersey.

858459_413686802055146_1241375972_o.png

The top jersey mimics the home jersey's striping and is probably my favorite of the two. But the whole reasoning behind the swapping of the stripe colors on the away jersey was to have a set (red, white, black) of jerseys with the same striping pattern, on the arms at least. So the bottom jersey mimics the striping pattern in use by the home and away.

And lastly, I have two options for Throwbacks or a Winter Classic.

882100_413686812055145_1049753245_o.png

I think it'd be neat if the NHL did what they did in the early 90's and when the Original 6 teams played each other they wore a throwback alternate. Maybe like, every weekend game that features Original 6 teams has them wearing throwbacks. So I made a home and away version of a throwback inspired by the first few Blackhawks jerseys.

The Winter Classic sets are actually really nice. The Blackhawks had logos like that in the past?

The primary jerseys look good, and I personally prefer the first alternate option. Even though the striping doesn't match, I don't think the alternate has to mimic the primaries in that regard and I think the striping doesn't look as good with the red touching the black.

Nice job!

Cohenj.png

Thanks! And yeah, that was actually the Blackhawks first logo according to this site.

And that's how I felt about the alternates. I know that the alternates don't have to mimic the primary jerseys. But it was an idea I had a while back since I realized it bugs me the home and away are slightly different.

This is a great series and it's a shame you don't get more feedback.

Islanders: I like the new look but a little more orange wouldn't hurt.

Ducks: This color scheme fits them much better. I prefer the first set.

Canadiens: I love seeing the stripes across the front of BOTH jerseys.

Blackhawks: The change in the road striping is an upgrade. For the black jersey, both options work but I think I prefer #2. The winter classic uniforms are decent, but history aside, any Blackhawks sweater without red looks odd to me.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived