DBro Designs - NHL Concepts - CAROLINA HURRICANES REBRAND FIX

Dbroalexander

hmm.......well... I'll try one more bump. I'm working on a Chicago Blackhawks tweak, it's not really anything special but I'm making the striping more consistent, I've also started working on a Nike Pro Combat Baseball Series based on a thread I saw pop up on the boards recently

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok it's been a long time since I've been able to sit and work on anything, I am almost done with the Blackhawks concept I said I'd do, but in the last few weeks I've been messing around with the Wild, a team that I think has the potential to be one of the best looking teams in the league. Here's what I got. Any suggestions before I decide what to make final?

8053148308_96e9ab21d2_b.jpg

It's a good start but the arm stripes underneath as well as no hem stripe makes the sets very reebok edge cookie-cuttery if you know what I mean? They all have excellent potential though! The left side are my my favorites.

Yes, the lack of Hem stripes is something that I want to play with. I was actually discussing it with a friend of mine who makes concepts but for whatever reason doesn't put them up here and very rarely sends them into HJC. But I will be adding some sort of Hem stripe. As for the Stripes under the full length sleeve stripe is actually a look that I love. But I modified the stripes to be more unique to the Wild as opposed to using the standard striping pattern, such as what the Panthers use.

I also just thought of maybe putting the stripes on the outside of the sleeve instead of the inside similar to how the Bruins used to do it.

It's a good start but the arm stripes underneath as well as no hem stripe makes the sets very reebok edge cookie-cuttery if you know what I mean? They all have excellent potential though! The left side are my my favorites.

This. You're using one of the worst designed templates of 2007 RBK Edge rollout and the set suffers as a result. Sleeve length yokes paired up with sleeve stripes never look good and a team like the Wild should have thick, horizontal hem stripes. That being said, I like the use of the standalone bear head... looks surprisingly good in vintage white and green as well.

Glad to see you've been putting so much time and effort into your concepts. I've been a fan of your design strategies from the get go so I suppose I'm due for a few brief opinions on your more recent work.

I honestly didn't get a sense for what your Thrashers striping was accomplishing but the laurel era look does work for them.

What you did with Florida is pure gold. I usually prefer the Panthers in red (and strongly might I add) but you might've just converted me into a navy believer. The sunny theme in the gradual progression of warm colors and the big bold striping really fits Florida sports styles.

I do think the Islanders could benefit from a touch of aqua but if there's any team that really needs to let go of the blue and orange look it's Edmonton, not NY.

Ditto on what has already been stated about Minnesota's set

Midway.png

This. You're using one of the worst designed templates of 2007 RBK Edge rollout and the set suffers as a result. Sleeve length yokes paired up with sleeve stripes never look good and a team like the Wild should have thick, horizontal hem stripes. That being said, I like the use of the standalone bear head... looks surprisingly good in vintage white and green as well.

I actually really like this template. I wanted to use it because I was torn between giving the Wild a traditional look and giving them their original look back. I decided to use this template as it combines them. I changed the striping as not to directly copy the Panthers and the striping is also based on the Wild's current third jersey.

Glad to see you've been putting so much time and effort into your concepts. I've been a fan of your design strategies from the get go so I suppose I'm due for a few brief opinions on your more recent work.

I honestly didn't get a sense for what your Thrashers striping was accomplishing but the laurel era look does work for them.

What you did with Florida is pure gold. I usually prefer the Panthers in red (and strongly might I add) but you might've just converted me into a navy believer. The sunny theme in the gradual progression of warm colors and the big bold striping really fits Florida sports styles.

I do think the Islanders could benefit from a touch of aqua but if there's any team that really needs to let go of the blue and orange look it's Edmonton, not NY.

Ditto on what has already been stated about Minnesota's set

Thanks for all the feedback and the kind words.

WIth the Thrashers, I created the white jersey first and with the sleeves being blue the striping on the sleeves created a gradient, similar to how the Panthers jersey worked.

As for the Panthers jersey, I too prefer them in red, and I thought this would make a great alternate jersey, I was trying to make a red version of this but it didn't make it too far. I would love to see some NHL team try the gradual progression striping.

I disagree with the Oilers ditching the Blue and orange. I did not like their copper and blue years. But yes, the Islanders need some change.

The primary jerseys are very good, a solid update of an identity that I think is one of the best in sports. Those winter classic jerseys are fantastic, though. The recolor of the logo looks great as well. Good job once again!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The primaries look nice, but I'm not a fan of the Winter Classic jerseys at all.

Recolouring the logo in only green and vintage white sucks all the character and dimension out of it and makes it go from one of the best in the league to looking really cheap. Also, vintage white has never looked good when it's used prominently in a jersey design.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Wild jerseys on the bottom right are my favorite, and look the most like what would be acceptable for the Winter Classics.

Though, I don't really care for the outline for the sleeves on the green uniform

I like how you change your insignia to match the colors of the team.

I didn't like the rangers classic jersey, but I like how the cream works here. I think the logo could stand some though, perhaps some red or gold.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived