2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa just totally falling apart today; I know the pass defense is bad, but throwing 2 INTs in the red zone (of your total 4 so far) is unacceptable. Not only do I not like Josh Freeman as a QB, I do not like his crybaby attitude. After an incompletion, he either has a total look of confusion on his face OR he looks disgusted and quickly snaps off his chin strap...because it is never Freeman's fault. What a bum.

On that same note, Rafael Bush of the Saints got his first INT of his career today off of Freeman. Rafael and I played in high school together and I was his fullback. Kid has fought his way up and seems he could be a big steal (or nice pawn) for the Saints in the future.

Keep in mind when he threw those picks as well - when it was 7-0, and 10-0. Those picks took anywhere from 6 to 14 points off the board. And, in the process, took his team right out of the game.

I know the playoffs were out after last week, but this was an unprofessional performance today. Sickening.

Yeah, that is what I was trying to say...totally in position to make it a game and give the running game an opportunity to breathe life into the offense instead of playing catch up by relying on Josh Freeman slinging the ball.

So done with him. And his stupid haircut.

Congrats to the Packers, they deserve the division, truly. I've never seen a team so continuously overcome injuries to tough out a successful season. The Bears were a mirage, a false vision.

Lovie and his staff are gone, and the offensive line will be totally blown up in the offseason. The changes that started with the hiring of Emery last year will continue with a new coach next season.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sam Shields held on that 4th down pass. Pass interference. Not saying the Packers didn't deserve to win this game, but its so cheap when they win like that. Bull :censored:

But the 3 PI penalties 17 was called for, were offensive penalties. How can you deny that?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I dunno. Firing the OC with three weeks left in the season reeks of being a panic move, and a 9-4 team with a two game division lead has no reason to panic. I understand Ray Rice wasn't getting the touches he needed, but Caldwell has never been on a team that emphasized the running game anyway.

Meanwhile, if the Redskins hold on, they'll be in 1st place in the NFC East, which was inconceivable five weeks ago.

There is never a wrong time to fire Cam Cameron. There is only a wrong time to hire him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sam Shields held on that 4th down pass. Pass interference. Not saying the Packers didn't deserve to win this game, but its so cheap when they win like that. Bull :censored:

But the 3 PI penalties 17 was called for, were offensive penalties. How can you deny that?

The first 2 were. the third was not a push off. he was trying to get his arms free, didn't push off. I see why the refs called it because of what they saw. But the fact is it was not a penalty.

Even so your argument doesn't hold. "Jeffery cheated but got caught, so its okay for shields to hold"

Oh, Craig Dahl is a human wasteland and I will celebrate the day he ceases to be a St. Louis Ram.

In the meantime, I need to hire an exorcist and plan on watching the 1999-2000 Divisional playoff game.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I dunno. Firing the OC with three weeks left in the season reeks of being a panic move, and a 9-4 team with a two game division lead has no reason to panic. I understand Ray Rice wasn't getting the touches he needed, but Caldwell has never been on a team that emphasized the running game anyway.

Meanwhile, if the Redskins hold on, they'll be in 1st place in the NFC East, which was inconceivable five weeks ago.

There is never a wrong time to fire Cam Cameron. There is only a wrong time to hire him.

Well, then we're just opening up a brand new can of worms.

Speaking of can of worms, try figuring out this #6 seed race in the NFC, if the Cowboys win today.

Giants - 8-6, 7-4 vs. NFC, 2-3 vs. NFCE

Vikings - 8-6, 6-5 vs. NFC, 3-2 vs. NFCN

Bears - 8-6, 5-5 vs. NFC, 2-3 vs. NFCN, beat Dallas H2H

Cowboys - 8-6, 5-5 vs. NFC, 3-2 vs. NFCE

Based on my understanding of procedures, I think the overall tiebreak would go to Minnesota.

spacer.png

Based on my understanding of procedures, I think the overall tiebreak would go to Minnesota.

YOU'RE WELCOME VIKINGS

PLZ 2 HAV NEW SAFETY Y/N?

Today, we are all otaku.

They're not going to fire Lovie. If he missed the guillotine after 2008 and last year, he's safe. He might even get an extension!

O6NPs.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived