2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Dick Stockton's aforementioned Moray Eel was countered deftly by John Lynch's "Alshon Marshall."

What a counterfeit victory this is going to be for the Bears. They've sucked their way into this piss poor position and have to root for the Packers next week, who more than likely are going to bench starters early.

Thankfully they're earning themselves a worse position in the draft and likely earning a hollow contract extension incentive for Lovie Smith.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dick Stockton's aforementioned Moray Eel was countered deftly by John Lynch's "Alshon Marshall."

What a counterfeit victory this is going to be for

the Bears. They've sucked their way into this piss poor position and have to root for the Packers next week, who more than likely are going to bench starters early.

Thankfully they're earning themselves a worse position in the draft and likely earning a hollow contract extension incentive for Lovie Smith.

The Pack will have incentive because regardless of the Niner game tonight, they will try for the bye.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

So.. Umm.. If the New York Football Giants are going to "flip the switch", they had better do it RIGHT NOW.

And what's up with Giants player joking around and smiling on the sidelines down 20? How freaking cocky can one team get?!

6uXNWAo.png

"Downed by the Cardinals' Devin Hester."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As bad as Dick Stockton might be -- especially on this day -- he's still among the "better" NFL play-by-play guys on FOX.

(Just me, or does it seem like more times than not, Stockton's calling a Bears game?)

6uXNWAo.png

Congrats to Calvin, but this team is awful and there's a lot of empty stats there. On the other hand, he's been the only offensive weapon for the Lions still healthy for the last 6 weeks and putting up those numbers being double covered on almost every play is still very impressive.

So...does this mean that Megatron broke the Madden Curse?

Congrats to Calvin, but this team is awful and there's a lot of empty stats there. On the other hand, he's been the only offensive weapon for the Lions still healthy for the last 6 weeks and putting up those numbers being double covered on almost every play is still very impressive.

So...does this mean that Megatron broke the Madden Curse?

I, for one, never bought into the whole "Madden Curse" thing. Usually, the guys at EA pick a player to slap on the cover of their game, who is at the peak of their prime, following a career year. So yeah, of course they are going to decline the following year. And as for cover players who get injured the next year, IT'S FOOTBALL. IT HAPPENS.

6uXNWAo.png

Even after losing, Dallas still wins the division with a win over Washington next week. All this stupid NFC East drama for nothing.

$50 says the Boys-Skins game is the last SNF game on NBC.

I'm sure NBC would love to showcase the game, but Doesn't FOX get to protect a game before NBC selects their Flex of the Week? If they do, I'm sure it'll be 'Boys-'Skins.

6uXNWAo.png

Even after losing, Dallas still wins the division with a win over Washington next week. All this stupid NFC East drama for nothing.

I'm sure NBC would love to showcase the game, but Doesn't FOX get to protect a game before NBC selects their Flex of the Week? If they do, I'm sure it'll be 'Boys-'Skins.

Well, they'll (FOX) either lose out on Dal/Wash or GB/Min. 2 great games. One has to flexed, you'd think.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'm sure NBC would love to showcase the game, but doesn't FOX get to protect a game before NBC selects their Flex of the Week? If they do, I'm sure it'll be 'Boys-'Skins.

Well, they'll (FOX) either lose out on Dal/Wash or GB/Min. 2 great games. One has to flexed, you'd think.

Between those two games, DAL-WAS is a no-brainer for The Peacock, assuming they get first choice.

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah, there are no real attractive AFC games, so NBC is going to steal one from FOX.

If FOX is able to protect Cowboys-Redskins, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see NBC take Giants-Eagles over Packers-Vikes, just for those amazing "NFC East" ratings. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Well, I'd place a pretty hefty wager the Week 17 docket will look something like this:

1:00 games

TB @ ATL

CAR @ NO

NYJ @ BUF

MIA @ NE

CLE @ PIT

BAL @ CIN

JAX @ TEN'

PHI @ NYG

DAL @ WSH

4:00 games

KC @ DEN

HOU @ IND

OAK @ SD

ARI @ SF

STL @ SEA

CHI @ DET

SNF

GB @ MIN

I'll actually do some deeper analysis later. Too busy watching games all to have commented live.

NBC would take Dallas-Washington...

Dallas needs Chicago and Minnesota to lose in order to stay alive. Washington has already clinched the East.*

UPDATE: Or not. Totally forgot about common games tiebreakers, which favour Dallas.

spacer.png

Yeah, there are no real attractive AFC games, so NBC is going to steal one from FOX.

If FOX is able to protect Cowboys-Redskins, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see NBC take Giants-Eagles over Packers-Vikes, just for those amazing "NFC East" ratings. <_<

Normally I'd agree with your assessment of NFC East-love, but GB-MN is the highest rated MNF game of all time, from a few years back, so the audience is there for ratings.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well, I'd place a pretty hefty wager the Week 17 docket will look something like this:

SNF

GB @ MIN

-----

Dallas needs Chicago and Minnesota to lose in order to stay alive. Washington has already clinched the East.

Are you high?

6uXNWAo.png

Normally I'd agree with your assessment of NFC East-love, but GB-MN is the highest rated MNF game of all time, from a few years back, so the audience is there for ratings.

You're really gonna try fooling us with that stat? The Packers-Vikings game you're talking about was a "once in a lifetime" game where Brett played the Pack for the first time. C'mon now, Josh. You can do better than this.

6uXNWAo.png

No, but I am stubborn enough to try and figure things out before I check to see if I'm right or not.

I figured Conference records were higher in tiebreakers than the common games records. As such, I thought Washington already clinched, since their Conference record is better than Dallas's. That's just a ridiculous faux pas on my part.

spacer.png

Archived