2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Bears could've easily lost tonight but the Lions didn't seem at all interested in competing when it mattered. Wheels are falling off that bus.

Glad to see my fave team 5-1, but I am dubious as to whether they'd compete offensively w/ the Packers over 4 quarters.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, the team hardly seems interested. Really tough to watch this year. Maybe it'll evoke some change, but I doubt it. I love Mayhew, but I think Schwartz's public persona is a little inflated. Linehan is just... I can't stand how conservative he is with the talent we have. Eh.

I will say, I was relatively impressed by the class shown by the Bears on the Stafford grass-in-the-face play. Seeing Peppers help him out was pretty cool. Probably out of sympathy, eh? :P

. Linehan is just... I can't stand how conservative he is with the talent we have. Eh.

*maniacal laughter*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I will say, I was relatively impressed by the class shown by the Bears on the Stafford grass-in-the-face play. Seeing Peppers help him out was pretty cool. Probably out of sympathy, eh? :P

The only guy on the Bears tonight that was being a mouthy douchebag was Chilo Rachal, the LG. I appreciate the fire and all that, but it's nice to see professionalism. I was VERY surprised at the composure of the Lions, myself. Suh had a free shot to outright obliterate Cutler and showed some good restraint. The Lions weren't stirring up a bunch of crap after the play, and both teams mutually showed a lot of respect.

What the hell is wrong with Calvin Johnson? Peanut Tillman is a pro bowl CB, granted, but since when does Megatron get virtually ignored?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The only guy on the Bears tonight that was being a mouthy douchebag was Chilo Rachal, the LG. I appreciate the fire and all that, but it's nice to see professionalism. I was VERY surprised at the composure of the Lions, myself. Suh had a free shot to outright obliterate Cutler and showed some good restraint. The Lions weren't stirring up a bunch of crap after the play, and both teams mutually showed a lot of respect.

What the hell is wrong with Calvin Johnson? Peanut Tillman is a pro bowl CB, granted, but since when does Megatron get virtually ignored?

Yeah, I think he has toned it down a bit. I mean, he still hammered Cutler, but without the usual over-the-top smack down. As long as he's productive, I prefer that.

And RE: Megatron, see rams80's post. IMO, that's the problem. Ive never been a fan of Linehan. You can't say he's being paid more attention to, the dude consistently made catches in double (hell, even draped-over triple) coverage last year. He's not getting the looks, I don't get it. Linehan is content with 2-3 yards a play, which if you know basic math, doesn't get it done.

Here's a typical drive: HB dive, loss of 2 yards. Bring in Reiff. HB power, 4 yards. 3rd down: either a 2-4 yard drag (to like Will Heller or something), sack, or HB screen.

Obviously hyperbole, but you get the idea. You have a guy with a cannon arm, and one of the most freakishly talented athletes in the world at WR. Take 5 shots a game. Its not like Young or Pettigrew are slouches, either. Blegh. Linehan is dreadful.

Also, dammit: Burleson out for the season with a broken leg. Sucks -- he's a great leader. Ryan Broyles, here's your chance.

Here's a typical drive: HB dive, loss of 2 yards. Bring in Reiff. HB power, 4 yards. 3rd down: either a 2-4 yard drag (to like Will Heller or something), sack, or HB screen.

That's pretty much his Ram-Era red zone offense in a nutshell-run Jackson up the gut twice and then run a fade route or pass play into the endzone AKA (I called it the "Drew Bennett Special", although Holt was often the actual target). If we still have the ball, kick the field goal.

The scary/mindscrewy thing here is that Linehan's offense back when he was OC at Louisville was a heavy inspiration for Urban Meyer's own spread offenses.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bears could've easily lost tonight but the Lions didn't seem at all interested in competing when it mattered. Wheels are falling off that bus.

Glad to see my fave team 5-1, but I am dubious as to whether they'd compete offensively w/ the Packers over 4 quarters.

Best part is that we'll get to find out. At least once more this season.

What irks me to no end as a Jags fan is that we are what ... ten years into the rebuilding process after letting go of Coughlin? In that time we have nothing to show for it other than a RB who won the league rushing title. I honestly feel that the Colts, half a year into their rebuilding are ahead of us in the process.

I was a Gene Smith supporter when Shack was the GM. But it's starting to really show that he doesn't have a clue.

*sigh*

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Best part is that we'll get to find out. At least once more this season.

I'm still not convinced the Bears at their best can beat the Packers at theirs.

Sean Lee of the Cowboys is out for the year and in my opinion, that just about ends any hopes that they had at the playoffs. Lee was probably their best defensive player (he's just as good as Ware if not better), and he was one of the leaders on a team that doesn't have many. I really don't see how the defense can recover from this.

Panthers IR Beason. Derp.

Also I'm quite enjoying the amount of Smokin' Jay Cutler avatars around here.

twitter

BayouJim and BillyB's almost identical avatars and captions have led to extreme confusion for me.

highlander.jpg

(that being mine)

twitter

Anybody see Roman Harper's INT that was ruled incomplete in Saints vs. Bucs? The Saints D makes few enough big plays this season without stuff like this. Just goes show the regular refs occasionally blow just as much as the replacements.

Edit: Found this. Person who made it says "nose of the ball touches the ground." BS...there's a shadow or something but unless the nose came off the ball, that's not the ball.

Harper Play

HarperNONinterception.jpg

That was ruled incomplete on the field and upheld after review. :Oo:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

BayouJim and BillyB's almost identical avatars and captions have led to extreme confusion for me.

Man, his is almost exactly the same as mine.

I had mine like two weeks ago, though!

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I changed mine as well when the board changed over. Great minds must think alike. I actually check CS85 at the time to make sure his wasn't Smokin' Jay cause I figured if anyone knew about the craze it was him lol. I can't see captions though cause I'm on my phone or I would have changed it!

Anybody see Roman Harper's INT that was ruled incomplete in Saints vs. Bucs? The Saints D makes few enough big plays this season without stuff like this. Just goes show the regular refs occasionally blow just as much as the replacements.

Edit: Found this. Person who made it says "nose of the ball touches the ground." BS...there's a shadow or something but unless the nose came off the ball, that's not the ball.

Harper Play

You show us that photo three days after the game was held. How long should have the game been held up for a single frame which you give us days later?

Just be glad that Vincent Jackson had a 95 yard reception and Tampa Bay did not score a TD, plus Joe Vitt returns.

I changed mine as well when the board changed over. Great minds must think alike. I actually check CS85 at the time to make sure his wasn't Smokin' Jay cause I figured if anyone knew about the craze it was him lol. I can't see captions though cause I'm on my phone or I would have changed it!

The Smokin' Jay Trinity arises!

twitter

Harper Play

You show us that photo three days after the game was held. How long should have the game been held up for a single frame which you give us days later?

Just be glad that Vincent Jackson had a 95 yard reception and Tampa Bay did not score a TD, plus Joe Vitt returns.

Click the link above the pic to see the play. It's not my pic, it was done by somebody claiming the refs got it right.

And sorry I didn't get to the computer quickly enough. There are other things in my life besides CCSLC. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived