Pittsburgh Pirates

Lights Out

Oa7We.png

WPw3k.png

The Pirates' current uniforms are okay, but there's some aspects that need work - such as the random traces of red, the crappy number font, the mismatched wordmarks, and the mismatched P's. I tried to fix all of these things to make the perfect Pirates uniform, while also experimenting with a new presentation style. Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I've always thought about that too (how the scripts don't match). You definitely did a great job in standardizing the scripts. In my MLB Series, this was my version of matching the scripts (not to threadjack or anything, just for reference).

2d9qzrp.png

2guwocj.png

A couple things are off like the 'S' and the 'P'. For your concept, I actually like the updated numbers and NOB font. Only C&C would be to make the bats yellow. Great job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Sorry, but I just can't stand that number font. Other than that, it's an excellent concept.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Your number font is not an improvement over what they currently use. The 2 is painful to look at (way too jagged) and the 7 looks italicized. What they have certainly isn't perfect, but it matches the script better than yours. Yours have way different angles - look at the 3 for example. The corner parts are longer and make the number look more octagonal, while the letters on the wordmark are more rectangular (shorter corner parts.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the way to 'fix' the Pirates uniform is to create a single lettering style that will work across all aspects of the jersey, which you've attempted, but I think it would work better to make that lettering a little on the conservative side of the spectrum they have. Take those characteristics, but keep them toned down.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Pittsburgh letters being smaller look more awkward going on the front of a jersey than the Pirates mark, which has fewer letters but enough to where it can be properly sized. Though the P looks too big compared to the rest of the letters. What you do with it is elongate it vertically without scaling it.

Btw, just because te first letter in the nickname is bigger doesn't mean it has to be for the city.

I think you have fixed the number font nicely, I like that yellow jersey but I don't think that white outline looks good around the script, try ditching that on the yellow jersey and the black...maybe that wouldn't look good either but especially on the black jersey the letters seem to run into each other on the front of the jerseys with that outline. Try playing around with that, but other than that good job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived