NFL Clubs that should be first in line

ARTnSocal

BBTV probably knows better than I (I remember him saying something about this), but I think it was something like owners are in love with the midnight green, and that, combined with how much of it is present in the Linc, means it'll be staying around a good long while. (Much like the Spanii and their preference of navy over powder out in SD.)

As for me personally, I'm torn. On the one hand, I do love me some kelly green (and in fact it's long been wildly popular back down home); on the other, midnight green is a unique shade that no other team has right now (that I'm aware of), and the Eagles have really made it work since introducing it 16 (!) years ago, even with it appearing as drab as it does sometimes (which is why I a/ never understood why they felt the need to muddy it up with charcoal when they also have a perfectly good silver, and b/ also advocate they strip all black out of the scheme?makes no sense to me to have three dark colors all right next to each other).

Yea, true. They'd have to replace the signs and all the player banners...not impossible, but a not so small thing to change money-wise. The seats are close enough to a neutral dark green that a lot of stadiums have...maybe they'd replace the some seats with Kelly green...club level would be cheapest.

I'd take a good injection of silver back into the design though if we can't get a new shade. A brighter Cunningham era silver would definetly brighten up the current uniforms. Silver pants, silver outlines on numbers for H/A jerseys...would make life with Midnight Green easier to stomach.

I thought the Cunningham era Eagles unis with Kelly green and silver were among the sharpest unis I've seen in NFL (and I am not an eagles fan). Current unis are drab as can be. You have to work hard to start with a helmet as cool as that and still tun the overall uni into something that bland.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This uniform, more than anything right now, needs cohesion.

Hs7TA.jpg

Count the different stripe patterns. Four. An ideal has a maximum of 2 different stripe patterns.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Hs7TA.jpg

Count the different stripe patterns. Four. An ideal has a maximum of 2 different stripe patterns.

Are you counting the pants and socks as two different patterns? I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Braisher stripes are Braisher stripes, whether there are two sets or one.

But I agree in principle, so drop the stripes on the end of the sleeves and simplify the helmet stripes (five is almost always too many for a helmet).

Are you counting the pants and socks as two different patterns? I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Braisher stripes are Braisher stripes, whether there are two sets or one.

But I agree in principle, so drop the stripes on the end of the sleeves and simplify the helmet stripes (five is almost always too many for a helmet).

Hmmm. I didn't see the correlation between the pants and sock striping, but I did see one between the helmet and socks, with the difference being the socks have an extra set of yellow stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived