NFL Clubs that should be first in line

ARTnSocal

If we're talking strictly rebranding, the only teams that I feel are suffering from identity crisis right now are Jacksonville & Carolina, but Carolina appears to be on the verge of a new look of sorts. The Redskins need to be re-branded for more PC reasons, not because they necessarily have a bad look now.

Seattle/Buffalo's going to look how they are for probably another 2-3 seasons at least so I have no expectations for them to change, however the Vikings, Jags, and Panthers are all due for new looks.

The Patriots and Cardinals, at least in my mind, have great looks - no reason to change for some time.

The Browns (I said it, it's my fault) need an overhaul for mental purposes. They need to go the way of the Cardinals and modernize properly without bankrupting a classic color combination, more for the sake of re-invigorating the franchise/fan base.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres really no reason for any NFL to rebrand in the sense that they need an identity overhaul and a complete change in marketing strategy. they're all doing well even at the bottom finically and even the Redskins and Vikings are doing just fine with horribly out dated, poorly built logos. the thing with the Jaguars (probably the team that is struggling the most) is a rebrand wouldnt help. they're doing about as well as they can in Jacksonville. a move to a better market would be one solution. the other is to turn the team into a respectable, winning franchise. its not like they're not trying that, but being a losing team dosent do you any favors. the fan base will grow with wins. IMO they have the 2nd worst uniforms in the league, but changing jerseys is the least of their problems.

As far as blowing up identities and starting over there, thats pretty risky with any team, even the Texans have solid equity in their logo and uniforms. If i had to choose one though, i'd completely re-do the Panthers. i've written enough about their new logo, its garbage. their colors are too close to another big cat team (Lions) and even the Cowboys. they dont have to be completely unique, but i think their identity is just a bit too close to those 2. the least they could do is adopt the blue jersey full time. the next thing would be to change the helmet color. but a whole new look would be great and its the right time to do it. Cam is the future; they should build for it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Lions, and Vikings come to mind for me. Maybe not full "overhauls" but noticeable tweaks to clean up and improve their identities.

There's a HUGE difference between a "rebranding" (which it says in the thread subtitle) and a tweak.

IMO the Patriots don't need an overhaul at all. Maybe the Dolphins could use one. The Vikes could use a uniform change. Everything else I vehemently disagree with.

IMO the first in line should be the Titans, Ravens, Bills, Jags, and Bucs. I don't think any of the other teams is in serious need of a complete overhaul.

Edit: After looking at Lights Out's post, I agree on the Jets. Their uniforms and logo suck.

The Patriots need to drop the red facemask, either drop silver altogether or find a better way to use it, get a new number font, and go with traditional striping on the pants and get rid of the weird piping on the jersey. A red alternate would be nice too. More than just a "tweak" and not quite a full "rebrand."

Actually, looking at some of your choices, I agree. The Titans, Ravens, Jaguars, and Bucs could all use rebrands as well.

As for the Jets, I've always thought that besides their monochrome green combination, their uniform set is perfect.

The red face mask is perfect for the helmet they have. If you added a silver face mask it would be too much silver. Besides their current look is the their best look.

spacer.png

Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Lions, and Vikings come to mind for me. Maybe not full "overhauls" but noticeable tweaks to clean up and improve their identities.

There's a HUGE difference between a "rebranding" (which it says in the thread subtitle) and a tweak.

IMO the Patriots don't need an overhaul at all. Maybe the Dolphins could use one. The Vikes could use a uniform change. Everything else I vehemently disagree with.

IMO the first in line should be the Titans, Ravens, Bills, Jags, and Bucs. I don't think any of the other teams is in serious need of a complete overhaul.

Edit: After looking at Lights Out's post, I agree on the Jets. Their uniforms and logo suck.

The Patriots need to drop the red facemask, either drop silver altogether or find a better way to use it, get a new number font, and go with traditional striping on the pants and get rid of the weird piping on the jersey. A red alternate would be nice too. More than just a "tweak" and not quite a full "rebrand."

Actually, looking at some of your choices, I agree. The Titans, Ravens, Jaguars, and Bucs could all use rebrands as well.

As for the Jets, I've always thought that besides their monochrome green combination, their uniform set is perfect.

The red face mask is perfect for the helmet they have. If you added a silver face mask it would be too much silver. Besides their current look is the their best look.

The red facemask is the best. A gray or navy facemask would make the current look even more drab than it is right now. The red pops.

I really wouldn't mind if the Pats made some tweaks to the unis. The piping is really dated.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Could someone give a definition of rebranding? Because when I hear that word I think of a change in logo or, changing the team name (ie: Oilers to Titans).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Those of us reading on cell phones can't see the subtitles...

You know what, I'll say it. The Patriots have one of my favorite uniforms in football. I seem to be the only one who loves them.

Now that that's out of the way, the Browns. Not because there's anything wrong with their unis, but because they are synonymous with failure. Their brand is essentially, losing. They need to start from scratch to get rid of that.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You know what, I'll say it. The Patriots have one of my favorite uniforms in football. I seem to be the only one who loves them.

Agreed. I don't get the hate for them at all.

Some people are "K.I.S.S. Nazis".

Some even want certain uniforms to be TOO simple. I don't get the hate for them, either..... especially when you consider that these are the uniforms they've had the most success with, but what do I know?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Could someone give a definition of rebranding? Because when I hear that word I think of a change in logo or, changing the team name (ie: Oilers to Titans).

that usually is a move determined by a companies current market status. if you're 1st or 2nd in your market, theres probably not a need to change anything. but if you're 4th or 5th among your competitors you need to redefine what you're doing. that usually is finding a new positioning, meaning creating a niche where there wasnt one before or changing your values or brand promises. the next step would be an identity overhaul to reflect the new direction.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

There are teams that need a tweak. As for rebrands, I don't feel to strongly to very many, except the Redskins name.

My first thought was the Titans. But I don't think so...I just hate the flames coming off of a circle logo, so a tweak to the helmet / primary probably gets it done.

Overall the teams have pretty solid "brands", though some uniform issues that ought to be addressed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i used to not like the Titans identity but after learning more about it i like it a lot. Nashville is nicknamed the "Athens of the South" and their identity is heavily influenced by ancient Greek architecture (word mark and numbers) and mythology (primary). the flaming shield is a nod to Helios the sun god who wore a crown of fire

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived