NFL Clubs that should be first in line

ARTnSocal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most NFL teams are in good shape, none are horrible now that the Bills got rid of their horrible navy unis. But I would definitely be in favor of:

Minnesota--returning to a more traditional look.

San Francisco--going back to 3 full stripes on sleeves (a very minor change)

Seattle--Going back to the lighter blue w/Navy look, but without the unitard.

Kansas City--Incorporating some black in the uni and some yellow in the helmet.

Dallas--Fixing the entire mismatched colors issue.

Washington--Full retro look with either the spear or feather design.

Indianapolis--Someone please find a way for shoulder stripes to actually continue down to armpit area.

Cincinnati--modify or return to 1980's design.

Carolina--ditch the weird helmet stripes.

But the biggie is Jacksonville: Their original uniforms with teal, gold and black were much better than the currents, but they could go with something totally new and I would be fine with that as long as they used all 3 colors.

1. Washington could use as update, they look dates.

2. Dallas could stand to standardize the blues and silvers.

3. I'd like to see a more traiditonal look for Minnesota

4. I never liked New England's current look.

5. Cincy - blow it up and start over

6. I never figured out why Cleveland brought back the most mundane nickname and uniforms when they got an expansion team. Blow 'em up.

7. Jacksonville - I miss the early 2000s unis with the emphasis on teal and black pants with stripes.

The BILLS.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1st - Cleveland Browns (Keep name, colors, and that beautiful helmet. But overhaul their uni's)

2nd - Jacksonville Jaguars (Start over)

3rd - San Diego Chargers (Royal blue and yellow)

4th - Cincinnati Bengals (Start over)

5th - St Louis Rams (Mix the current and previous eras into one look and use their classic blue/white as their throwback)

6th - Arizona Cardinals (Jake Plummer era was perfect)

7th - Minnesota Vikings (Their classic look was their finest)

8th - New York Jets (Just start this over)

9th - Tennessee Titans (Love the logo, colors, and even their helmet. They just need a uni update)

10th - Denver Broncos (Same as St Louis with combining previous eras into one clean look)

1. Dallas Cowboys: their identity is a mess, they have a million colors, and three completely different jersey designs that don't look that great (especially the ugly white ones). Bring back the '90s double stars as a full-time set, pick one color scheme and stick to it, and wear blue at home like a real team.

2. New England Patriots: it looks like Adidas puked all the generic early-2000's piping-and-panels crap in the world all over their uniforms. There isn't a single part of their uniform, other than the helmet, that looks good at all.

3. Cincinnati Bengals: Another hideously overdesigned mess. The '90s uniforms were perfectly fine and there was no reason to change them.

4. St. Louis Rams: dreary colors, generic uniforms. There was NOTHING wrong with the sleeve-horn uniforms.

5. Arizona Cardinals: ugly logo, ugly Falcons-ripoff uniforms. Bring back the old cardinal, ditch the gray facemask, and create a new set based on the early-'90s road uniforms.

6. Denver Broncos: the parentheses striping is sooooo outdated now. The fact that damn near every college used it at one point or another really killed any of the uniqueness of the Broncos' look.

(Dis)honorable Mentions:

Browns/Steelers/Lions: the obnoxiously huge sleeve stripes have to go.

49ers: color distribution is a mess, the interrupted sleeve stripes are butt-ugly, the previous uniforms were better anyway.

Jets: their "classic" striping pattern doesn't look good on any modern template and their logo is a mess.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Lions, and Vikings come to mind for me. Maybe not full "overhauls" but noticeable tweaks to clean up and improve their identities.

There's a HUGE difference between a "rebranding" (which it says in the thread subtitle) and a tweak.

IMO the Patriots don't need an overhaul at all. Maybe the Dolphins could use one. The Vikes could use a uniform change. Everything else I vehemently disagree with.

IMO the first in line should be the Titans, Ravens, Bills, Jags, and Bucs. I don't think any of the other teams is in serious need of a complete overhaul.

Edit: After looking at Lights Out's post, I agree on the Jets. Their uniforms and logo suck.

1. Dallas Cowboys - Coordinate the team colors to match the whole uniform.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Complete Overhaul (except colors)

3. Cleveland Browns - Keep the colors, overhaul everything else including adding a logo.

4. San Diego Chargers - Bring back the Powder Blues and add yellow pants.

5. St. Louis Rams - Complete Overhaul

6. San Francisco 49ers - Bring back the black and lose the grey face mask.

7. Washington Redskins - I hate to say this, but it may be time to lose the Redskin logo (being political correct sucks)

8. Buffalo Bills - Add blue pants and lose the grey face mask.

9. New Orleans Saints - Coordinate the team colors to match the whole uniform.

10. Indianapolis Colts - Keep the colors, overhaul the uniform and lose the gray face mask.

spacer.png

Seriously, folks, learn the difference between "rebranding" and "tweaking".

Everytime I see the Cowboys in these REBRANDING threads, I have a mild heart attack and wanna punch someone.

Well, I'm a Dallas fan, and I would throw everything out save for the helmet. The home whites are so bad in so many ways that I would prefer these practice unis to the real thing.

gyfjf.jpg

Everytime I see the Cowboys in these REBRANDING threads, I have a mild heart attack and wanna punch someone.

Well, I'm a Dallas fan, and I would throw everything out save for the helmet. The home whites are so bad in so many ways that I would prefer these practice unis to the real thing.

gyfjf.jpg

I can tell you're not a REAL fan because we're called Cowboy fans. Not "Dallas fans". :P

Seriously, I get the wanting to match colors and maybe even change the jersey a bit. That's fine. But it's blasphemous to suggest uber-drastic changes for the Cowboys, is all I'm saying.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

5. Arizona Cardinals: ugly logo, ugly Falcons-ripoff uniforms. Bring back the old cardinal, ditch the gray facemask, and create a new set based on the early-'90s road uniforms.

290.gifkwth8f1cfa2sch5xhjjfaof90.gif

..... if the current Cardinals logo is ugly, then the old one must be VERY ugly.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

gyfjf.jpg

I can tell you're not a REAL fan because we're called Cowboy fans. Not "Dallas fans". :P

Seriously, I get the wanting to match colors and maybe even change the jersey a bit. That's fine. But it's blasphemous to suggest uber-drastic changes for the Cowboys, is all I'm saying.

"Uber-drastic change" is in the eye of the beholder. If the Cowboys would just replace the royal blue with navy blue, return stripes to the socks, bring back serif number fonts, and ditch those hideous green spandex pants for matte metallic blue ones, I'd be a happy camper.

2. New England Patriots: it looks like Adidas puked all the generic early-2000's piping-and-panels crap in the world all over their uniforms. There isn't a single part of their uniform, other than the helmet, that looks good at all.

I love the Pats and am stuck watching that dreck every week.

The 93 Bledsoe rookie unis were great, and it all went downhill from there.

Flying Elvis when viewed facing left looks like in outline of the state of Montana. The home unis are drab but I can deal with them, they are more so with that flatter looking silver on the pants. The double stripes down the side of the jersey are pointless.

The road unis are an unmitigated mess. The helmet sticks out as it is the only silver element. The bars down the sides of the jerseys are horrid. I don't mind navy pants, but the striping is odd and it would kill them to wear the silver ones now and again. The socks are reallllly plain.

gyfjf.jpg

"Uber-drastic change" is in the eye of the beholder. If the Cowboys would just replace the royal blue with navy blue, return stripes to the socks, bring back serif number fonts, and ditch those hideous green spandex pants for matte metallic blue ones, I'd be a happy camper.

I actually agree with all.... except the stripes on socks.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Lions, and Vikings come to mind for me. Maybe not full "overhauls" but noticeable tweaks to clean up and improve their identities.

There's a HUGE difference between a "rebranding" (which it says in the thread subtitle) and a tweak.

IMO the Patriots don't need an overhaul at all. Maybe the Dolphins could use one. The Vikes could use a uniform change. Everything else I vehemently disagree with.

IMO the first in line should be the Titans, Ravens, Bills, Jags, and Bucs. I don't think any of the other teams is in serious need of a complete overhaul.

Edit: After looking at Lights Out's post, I agree on the Jets. Their uniforms and logo suck.

The Patriots need to drop the red facemask, either drop silver altogether or find a better way to use it, get a new number font, and go with traditional striping on the pants and get rid of the weird piping on the jersey. A red alternate would be nice too. More than just a "tweak" and not quite a full "rebrand."

Actually, looking at some of your choices, I agree. The Titans, Ravens, Jaguars, and Bucs could all use rebrands as well.

As for the Jets, I've always thought that besides their monochrome green combination, their uniform set is perfect.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I love the Pats and am stuck watching that dreck every week.

The 93 Bledsoe rookie unis were great, and it all went downhill from there.

Th 1994 set was a lot better than the 1993 set. White numbers looked better than red numbers, and the 1994 double stripe pants was honestly a better look than the 1993 pants by a small margin. The 1993 pants were fun, but quickly dated.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived