Sports logo prototypes

jakemon08

Ahead of its time. Please don't let Nike see this

Honestly, I think they already used it as partial inspiration for Oregon.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're the best when it comes to color - pure and simple :flagusa:

Wow. I didn't even know an actual Houndogs' logo and uniform sheet existed.

"Cowboy Kevin" told me that he had contacted someone in Memphis at the time of the proposal, and they had told him the colors were going to be "Forest Green, Copper and Tan", but nothing had been drawn up yet. Based on that description, I chose estimates for those colors based on the Pantone values used at the time, and estimated the SAME EXACT PANTONE VALUES THAT ARE SHOWN ON THAT SCANNED SHEET. I mean - I'm getting fairly good at this, but I shocked myself on that one.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

The World Football League

fast_facts_02.jpg

I've got B&W logosheets for all the teams...have most of the Pantone values as well.

Would kill for those uniform guides however.

I'd love to see those B&W in your estimated color mockups compared to what is floating around the web... :)

The World Football League

fast_facts_02.jpg

I've got B&W logosheets for all the teams...have most of the Pantone values as well.

I'd love to see those B&W in your estimated color mockups compared to what is floating around the web... :)

I have all the WFL logos in vector format. I can simply use CW's RGB swatches and make them RGB optimized like he does with anything else. I use his color swatches to match PANTONE colors to the correct RGB format for all my concepts.

I was watching a clip from a 1992 episode of 60 Minutes about St. Petersburg's efforts to get a baseball team. Apparently future Devil Rays owner Vince Naimoli had Tampa Bay Giants logos and uniforms designed when it looked like the Giants were coming to town. See 5:07-5:17. There's a decent look at a wordmark and the proposed road jersey.

The interview with 1992 Bud Selig is a bonus.

On a side note (although definitely related), this debacle in Bud Selig's reign is why some (or and least 1) of us Tampa Bay area folk:

1. hate the Giants

2. can't support the Rays

3. want Selig banished from baseball forever.

are we sure thats not just a concept, and not a prototype

Apparently, this is from someone that was involved in the redesign. You can read about it here: http://www.bakasmedia.com/2012/01/the-denver-broncos-brand-fifteen-years-later/

I can certainly say I've never seen this before.

Sketches.png

I think you buried the lead (however, excellent find)

These helmets are fantastic.

Finalizing.png

Any similarity to the Steve Miller Band logo (in the horse in a circle) MUST be just a coincidence....

I think some helmets of that era were done inside out with a clear shell. Like the logo was placed first, then the shell was painted on the inside. However, that would not make sense with this particular picture, so my post really adds nothing. :upside:

nominee for post of the year!

I was watching a clip from a 1992 episode of 60 Minutes about St. Petersburg's efforts to get a baseball team. Apparently future Devil Rays owner Vince Naimoli had Tampa Bay Giants logos and uniforms designed when it looked like the Giants were coming to town. See 5:07-5:17. There's a decent look at a wordmark and the proposed road jersey.

The interview with 1992 Bud Selig is a bonus.

On a side note (although definitely related), this debacle in Bud Selig's reign is why some (or and least 1) of us Tampa Bay area folk:

1. hate the Giants

2. can't support the Rays

3. want Selig banished from baseball forever.

If someone really can't support one of the best (and most likable) young teams in baseball because of sore feelings over a move that didn't happen a quarter-century ago, then it isn't Selig who should be banished from baseball.

I've heard lots of laughable excuses as to why Tampa Bay is such a pathetic baseball market, but that one leaves them all in the dust.

The World Football Leaguefast_facts_02.jpg

I have all the WFL logos in vector format. I can simply use CW's RGB swatches and make them RGB optimized like he does with anything else. I use his color swatches to match PANTONE colors to the correct RGB format for all my concepts.
Is that something you'd be willing to share?

gYH2mW9.png

Archived