The Old English D

Proc

This is a snippet of a poster I ordered on the history of the Detroit Tigers Old English D. Pretty cool. It's changed alot over the years. Once the poster comes in, I'll post a bigger/better picture. The last two logos are the current hat and current jersey logos. The vast majority of Tigers fans (from personal observation here in Motown) wear t-shirts, jackets, caps, tattoos, etc., etc. with the hat logo version the D.

TheDLogos.jpg

I was just about to say the same thing. Is that supposed to represent a pinstripe, or did the letter itself have those little spires poking out? I like it. Gives it even more character.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

wow, i never knew it wasnt always a Blackletter D. i like the ones from the 20s and 30s best

Psssss... hey Brandon:

tumblr_ll2linac0x1qb3p1co1_500.gif

All kidding aside, the jersey D may be my favorite logo in all of sports (even though I don't want it on the cap).

wow, i never knew it wasnt always a Blackletter D. i like the ones from the 20s and 30s best

Psssss... hey Brandon:

tumblr_ll2linac0x1qb3p1co1_500.gif

All kidding aside, the jersey D may be my favorite logo in all of sports (even though I don't want it on the cap).

LOL thats the thing about baseball. i dont follow it so everything i like is wrong :(

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I thought you were referring to my 9th grade English final grade.

You still did better than me in 9th grade English, I failed with a 43, but only because I my bitch teacher gave me a zero on a huge assignment that I missed.

You really need to start taking responsibility for your own actions. You apparently can do no wrong and blame everyone else for your shortcomings.

Edit: To turn from giving life lesson back to the D, they really need to go back to the Home 1908-1913 version and call it. That thing is a beauty.

Archived