Every Team's Best Look Ever - NHL Edition

Morgan33

As much as I hate the NHL right now, my appreciation for a good looking hockey jersey will never die. To get the discussion going I offer this image (thanks to Sports E-cyclopedia).

boychukbos.jpg

This is on hold until this weekend, and will be merged into my thread once posted. Thank you.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

LA Kings:

wayne-gretzky-kings.jpg

Pittsburgh:

preview_647_68287.jpg

This has got to be one of my favourite jerseys ever. The athletic gold looked so much better than the current shade, and the Robo-Pen was by far better than any of their cartoony skating penguins.

Washington:

a09e7a7759b508699fcc1f7b4fd0678a.jpg

Blue/copper/black >>>>> R/W/B for the Caps. This is probably one of the few good jerseys they've had in their history. The 80s set was a bit too gaudy, the all-blue version of this was horrendous, and the current set is a mess. The striping and colour scheme were unique and worked well. I'd love to see them adopt an updated set with all-black homes, a different font, and a modified eagle.

LATE EDIT: Ottawa

Senators01.png

This set was fantastic. Every single update since has been a downgrade, and now they've bottomed out with their garbage Edge set. Here's a team that could really benefit from hitting the 'reset' button.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

As much as I hate the NHL right now, my appreciation for a good looking hockey jersey will never die. To get the discussion going I offer this image (thanks to Sports E-cyclopedia).

This is on hold until this weekend, and will be merged into my thread once posted. Thank you.

Looking forward to yours. Hockey jerseys is what got me into sports logos to begin with.

70389454.png

No, they said BEST look, not absolute worst. Seriously, at least 20 of those are looks tht should never come back. Robo penguin? Edge islanders? Buffaslug?! 90s bruins? Cactus coyotes? Even when Detroit had the wonky font? It would be very hard to disagree with you more. Even on easy ones like the Flyers, you pick the edge version that screwed up their shoulder stripes? Yeesh.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yea I see a lot of misses there. I get personal taste and creativity and whatnot but it seems a lot of these are flat-out hipster picks.

I definitely think these types of threads would benefit from having polls or something to get a general consensus of what everyone thinks instead having each individual post his/her preferences.

Midway.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived