Each Team's Worst Look- NBA Edition

tigerslionspistonshabs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Lights Out on everything except the Forum Lakers uniforms, which had just the right level of kitsch and idiosyncrasy to be awesome, and the Mavericks uniform, which is inoffensive. Their worst look was obviously the one with arched italic swashed serifed lettering, which is Too Damn Much.

EDIT: Sincerest apologies, as I conflated two separate bad Mavericks scripts. The swashed letters weren't italic, the italic ones weren't swashed. They're both hideous.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tell me you did not put up the Bulls' black pinstriped jersey as one of their worst.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

p-534866-brent-price-autographed-hand-signed-basketball-card-houston-rockets-1997-fleer-194-aw-46255.jpg628x471.jpg131940695_10.jpglakers_malone_240.jpg

Tell me you did not put up the Bulls' black pinstriped jersey as one of their worst.

I had a very hard time with the Bulls. Not only have they had a handful of unis in their history, but they're all nice. Pinstripes by process of elimination.

Lakers white has never grown on me. I've also realized that I like every uni the LA Clippers have ever worn.

sig.png

I'll put the Lakers' gold uniform up there. Not because it's a bad uniform, but because the Lakers should wear white full-time at home. The white uniform is so much better than the gold.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I agree with Lights Out on everything

That's a first. B)

except the Forum Lakers uniforms, which had just the right level of kitsch and idiosyncrasy to be awesome

Ugh, God no. As much as I loathe the Lakers, they're a premier franchise and should dress like it. The wonky script, gigantic shorts striping, and highly exaggerated drop shadows make the Forum-era uniforms look cheap, not classy.

I don't think the Lakers have ever gotten it quite right uniform-wise. The current set is the closest they've come to perfection but it could use a better collar design.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The current set is the closest they've come to perfection but it could use a better collar design.

God yes, I hate the wishbone collar. It looks terrible.

Archived