Each Team's Worst Look- NBA Edition

tigerslionspistonshabs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1973SpursPreseasonRoad.JPG

True this is a bad look, but those were only pre-season uniforms when the team had just moved from Dallas to San Antonio; they just took off the "Dallas" and slapped "San Antonio" on them. The black, white and grey/silver uniforms were introduced for their first regular season game.

Considering how shakey the finances were for most ABA teams I don't think you can count that against them.

pg2_toronto_d1_576.jpg

this one is a no brainer

teal.jpg

just no on this one

8561_display_image.jpeg?1318854523

that one is probably the worst of this bunch

Two of the most ugliest uniforms I have ever seen in the entire life let alone the :censored:ing fact that teal is an ugly color to me and I believe that it doesn't look good with a combination of red and black together. It looks like a Newport Menthol Cigarette box. YUCK!!!

4-30-08-utah-jazz-20081.jpg

looks like a college team.

Those were pretty bad. Not ugly just lazy and plain.

Well...the jerseys they wear now are bad, ugly, very lazy, and plain. Not to mention the "note" logo is terrible.

I don't like what the Jazz wear now, but at least the classic logo gives it a modicum of character. The 04-10 jerseys are just completely soulless, boring, and baldly derivative.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nah. The capital-cursive NJ looks stupid, and the color palette encroaches on the Pistons. Not the worst, because the gradient jersey was the worst, but it's bad.

The dreadfully plain Magic jerseys were, well, dreadful. Orlando should get to be one of the league's touches of whimsy. They play in a city that's on the map for a giant theme park, and their most famous player in team history has dressed as a genie for a feature film and rapped about how his ass tastes. They're not the Celtics.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with Bravebird about the Hawks. They are boring and uninspired. To me the Hawks should be a red and yellow team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

But this...

tumblr_m2zzast88R1rsfnxzo1_500.jpg

...is solid.

Nah...the color palette encroaches on the Pistons. Not the worst, because the gradient jersey was the worst, but it's bad.

The wordmark would look better (and the similarity to Detroit would be lessened) if they had switched the red and the grey, as they did on the warmup:

menjnetwarmup.png

...The capital-cursive NJ looks stupid...

The only problem with the NJ letter logo is that letters are too far away from each other on the shorts. They look better when they are placed close together, as on the back of the warmup:

menjnetwarmupback.png

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4-30-08-utah-jazz-20081.jpg

looks like a college team.

Those were pretty bad. Not ugly just lazy and plain.

Well...the jerseys they wear now are bad, ugly, very lazy, and plain. Not to mention the "note" logo is terrible.

I don't like what the Jazz wear now, but at least the classic logo gives it a modicum of character. The 04-10 jerseys are just completely soulless, boring, and baldly derivative.

I like the current Jazz look, though I'll admit it's not 100% perfect by any means. That said, the current Jazz look is far more distinctive than what they had before (though I'll admit that it would've been interesting to see them try the note logo with Dual-Blue or Light Blue/Purple).

Archived